PA PA - Janet Walsh 70, last seen @church, missed date w/daughter, veh missing, Shaler Twp, 20 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I apologize. I see now that my thought has already been brought up by multiple other individuals. I saw a thread where her license plate was caught on a reader on Mt Royal Road. Does anyone know which direction the car was traveling?
The police stated she was heading south towards home.
I feel like she must have take a different route when she left the next day.
Maybe the Conneaut Lake sighting could be credible, she probably would have traveled highway 8 and so avoided the intersection cameras in town?

JMO

I'm featuring Janet for the month of January on my site of people missing with vehicles and trying to spread awareness, she'll be missing 4 years soon.. if anyone wants to help share her case that would be great! Trying to focus on online communities for that area who might be able to search / know something.

News article: While training, the Murrysville Medic One dive team retrieved a sedan with human remains from the Allegheny River in Springdale Borough.

Edit: WTAE has images of the sedan and although it's not far from where Janet went missing, the vehicle is definitely not a 2018 Chevy Trax.

Last edited:
This is a sad situation. My condolences to the families for their loved one not being found.

For what it’s worth, here is a map of the Allegheny River, depth and current, etc.
Is too small for me to make much of, it, but maybe someone can enlarge and comment on the general area of discussion. Parts are deep and a swift current depending upon time of year and rainfall/snow melt upstream.
I lived in the city of Pittsburgh for many years and it was frighteningly common for vehicles/ people to have gone into areas of the Three Rivers or near the Point where Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers meet to form the Ohio River, and never be seen or found.
Decades ago there was in incident where a barge hit a smaller pleasure craft, witnessed by a handful of people, a teacher on board, and not a trace of boat or body was ever found.

In my extremely amateurish guessing, this car might be a 2005ish Mazda 3 sedan, though they probably had that styling for the surrounding years so the year isn't certain.
Car isn't right for Janet Walsh or Joann Angel. I'm thinking Bennie Lee (last seen in Homewood/Pgh) who was driving a 2004 gray Mazda 626. Had pics up last night comparing that type car with the one they pulled from the river. Could be him.

There were 2 vehicles in the water. Remains found inside one of the vehicles have been confirmed to belong to Janet Walsh.

July 22, 2024

Dive crews were able to determine that there were human remains inside the car, as well as another vehicle in the water, according to TribLive.

The remains were later identified as Janet Walsh, who was reported as missing back in 2020, according to WTAE. She was 70 at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back