Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“I decided that the mirror had to go. That was evidence of what had happened here. I wanted to disappear … I wanted all trace of what had happened to be gone with me and I ripped that mirror right off the mount.”
Link

Is that correct though because I’ve seen a photo of the mirror damaged but not “ripped off” the mount.

Not off topic, just changing direction a bit - I would like to point out that, IMO, Russell loved his wife, as no way was he going to hurt her by leaving her.
Despite differing views we might all have on infidelity, I really sympathise with the situation they all found themselves in.
Russell clearly loved his wife and family and sought to avoid causing them pain.
He could have (in practical terms) easily divorced Robyn, taken his share of the house, his super, and started anew out in the open with Carol - leaving Robyn in poor health, emotionally blindsided, financially disadvantaged (highly likely she had less super to play with being a woman and mother). Not to mention probably irreversibly displaced when faced with the near impossible task of trying to find something around the suburb they called home, but worth only half their property. Very good chance she would have had to move away from their friends and the area she was used to, possibly further from their daughters and grandchildren too. The impact on her would have been devastating on so many levels and he obviously knew that.
So despite the potential convenience divorce may have granted Russell himself, he chose to maintain his commitment to Robyn, going to great lengths to keep the affair discreet and lessen the impact on his family.

For all the dirt the defence hoped to use against the victims in court, there's not a single reference to Russell mistreating anyone, no rumours of explosive temper or ex coworkers divulging odd behaviour, mood swings or aggressive encounters - just camping mates concerned for their friend, a couple strangers thinking maybe he was a grumpy old man in passing, and at “worst” a prescription one might not want broadcast to the nation.
As far as I’m concerned, trying to love two women with care and discretion isn't the scandalous flaw portrayed by the media.

Big disclaimer too, by no means should any of this denigrate Robyn Hill. She has shown remarkable strength and empathy throughout the nearly five years of publicly enduring this ordeal. Not only have she and their daughters managed to carry on in their personal lives despite it all, they’ve also faced the court and media with nothing but honesty and grace, all in pursuit of justice for Russell.
Incredibly admirable, all of them.

The fire started at the opposite end of the house to where the couple was found... I guess it's possible the fire was started beforehand because it would be pretty hard to do afterwards.
Apparently the couple were found to have been breathing after the fire was lit, not that it explains the multitude of other questions left unanswered.

Apparently the couple were found to have been breathing after the fire was lit, not that it explains the multitude of other questions left unanswered.
Seems a bit weird don’t you think.. if you’re planning to murder your wife and then kill yourself imminently, what benefit would there be to setting the house on fire first..? I guess it would be a fast way to alert people to what had happened, but it’s not like someone needed to come rescue the poor dogs or anything..

Despite differing views we might all have on infidelity, I really sympathise with the situation they all found themselves in.
Russell clearly loved his wife and family and sought to avoid causing them pain.
The heart wants what it wants and I agree that Russell loved his wife enough to not want to just up and leave her stranded in her later years.
He obviously cared very much what happened to her.

Lynn is currently being housed in a protection unit inside the Melbourne Assessment Prison where he is allowed to mix with other inmates including Lachlan Young, who allegedly killed 23-year-old Ballarat woman Hannah McGuire.

Birds of a feather flock together.
Well he is forced to be with whoever else is there.
So it's not really his choice at all.

I do hope he confides in someone one day and tells the real truth of what happened.

Things that make you go hmmmm

Elderly couple
One with depression medication toxicity (note his ex wife Lisa Lynn also had depression medication in her system when found deceased)
Both shot (gun not registered and couple not known to have any firearms)
3 Dogs shot

Well he is forced to be with whoever else is there.
So it's not really his choice at all.

I do hope he confides in someone one day and tells the real truth of what happened.
I hope so too, would be very surprised though. Have a strong sense that he thinks himself above the likes of anyone else in jail - as far as Greg is concerned he’s not like the other girls *ahem* not like the other dumb criminals, you see.

A former Jetstar pilot may lose his million-dollar home after being found guilty of murder - leaving his loyal wife homeless after a brutal year-long trial.

Greg Lynn's $1million Caroline Springs home in Melbourne's west has been in state hands for more than a year while the alleged double murder trial progressed in the courts.

Another old couple and a fire. Anyone heard about Lynns relationship with his parents?

Edit: The only reference I can find to Lynns family is here

His family on Friday spoke publicly for the first time about his arrest and said they were 'completely traumatised' by the allegations against the 55-year-old.
'It has been distressing for our family and the families of the deceased and we are completely traumatised as well by these tragic events,' they said.

'We need to deal with the legal proceedings as they arise and try to restore some balance in our lives.

'We also acknowledge the suffering of the Clay and Hill families at this difficult time'
'The family said they understood the media was interested in the case but requested privacy.'
No mention of whether they are relatives or family as in wife.

The below quote from that story stands out, usually with these murder suicides we hear about a known history of abuse from the victims family members.
SEEKERS star Athol Guy was at a loss to understand his sister’s death

Age and SMH are paywalled so non paywalled link below

Looking into Lynns family history I did see discussion on another thread about the Macedon murders where someone connected with Lisas friends asked them about the case and if there might be any connection, they were told yes absolutely. Both friends of Lisa and visited Lynns house to intervene and stop his abuse of Lisa, Lynn reportedly said "I will come back and kill you and your dogs and no one will ever know".

Admittedly that was 10 years before they were found dead.

Interestingly neither of them had a gun licence, but firearm was registered so presumably stolen?

From the coroners report:

1873804-085c42d065cdb7a43daf950116bc3886.png

Worth noting the coroner found money issues were behind the murder/suicide, but there was no suicide note and 'limited financial means' is a bit vague. Were they completely destitute or going from living on 1 million a year to 200k a year?

I would post the comment here but last time I got told that's a no no and timed out, not sure if you're allowed to DM me for a link?

If that's not allowed please just snip my post and don't time me out again mr mod I hate the naughty corner and I did read the rules and it said paraphrasing is ok. bisou bisou

Last edited:

Elderly couple
One with depression medication toxicity (note his ex wife Lisa Lynn also had depression medication in her system when found deceased)
3 Dogs shot
Can’t understand shooting of dogs

Elderly couple
3 Dogs shot
This Zig Zag alleged ‘ Murder/Suicide’ raises SO many red flags for me. Their last day was ‘so normal’, the killing of their dogs ‘they treated like children’. So close to pension age. I guess not having children, there was no one left to raise serious questions and concerns regarding coroners findings. I have trouble believing that shooting was the ‘nicest’ way to end their lives. Shooting seems so violent compared to other ways that could have occurred.

Edit: The only reference I can find to Lynns family is here
His family on Friday spoke publicly for the first time about his arrest and said they were 'completely traumatised' by the allegations against the 55-year-old.
'It has been distressing for our family and the families of the deceased and we are completely traumatised as well by these tragic events,' they said.

'We need to deal with the legal proceedings as they arise and try to restore some balance in our lives.

'We also acknowledge the suffering of the Clay and Hill families at this difficult time'
'The family said they understood the media was interested in the case but requested privacy.'

No mention of whether they are relatives or family as in wife.
Hi @AussieIan,
Thanks for the quote!
Family of pilot charged with murder of missing campers Carol Clay and Russell Hill 'completely traumatised' over arrest - 26th November, 2021 (not pay walled).
(imo) it's kosher to dig into GL's past until we get to China - but - we stay well clear of any other rellies (parents etc.) - they're all victims.

My thoughts remain with the Clay & Hill families, I wish them all the strength in the universe.
MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice