Argentina - Loan Peña, 5, went orange pick w/fam, shoe found, local police chief arrested, as well as others, Nueve de Julio, 13 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the first couple of minutes translated using auto-translate from the video below.

They found traces compatible with an impact and also hematomas in Perez's truck, the white Ford Ranger, impacts in the left front area of the truck on the driver's side, traces on the left front wheel, also on the headlight, this expert report was made based on the complaint for threats of Laudelina. Agrentine federal police personnel did it. It is important who did the expert opinion because remember that the investigation into Loan's disappearance, beyond Laudelina's complaint on Friday is the jurisdiction of the federal justice system, but pay attention because under the wheel in the area of the left front fender, they would have found traces of blood and elements compatible with some attempt to wash these traces of blood in the left front wheel. They found remains that could be compatible with blood. This must be confirmed by the investigators. When they came into contact with that visual image, they assumed that it could be treated of rust but the expert opinion of the scientifc police of the federal police determined that it could be blood, but they also found a sunken flat which coincides with the possibility of being dragged.

ETA: Just watching the rest of the video and 5 mins. in the reporter is saying this info. is "unofficial". They're not taking it as fact until it goes through federal court.

Last edited:
This story is huge in Argentina and media are sensationalizing this case. They're not having a bar of this new "accidental" story, as it doesn't fit their narrative at all.

I do wonder though if both stories could be true. Could these people be involved in human trafficking but coincidently ran over Loan..

This story is huge in Argentina and media are sensationalizing this case. They're not having a bar of this new "accidental" story, as it doesn't fit their narrative at all.

I do wonder though if both stories could be true. Could these people be involved in human trafficking but coincidently ran over Loan..
Maybe someone ran him down because he escaped and was running away? :(

This is the first couple of minutes translated using auto-translate from the video below.

They found traces compatible with an impact and also hematomas in Perez's truck, the white Ford Ranger, impacts in the left front area of the truck on the driver's side, traces on the left front wheel, also on the headlight, this expert report was made based on the complaint for threats of Laudelina. Agrentine federal police personnel did it. It is important who did the expert opinion because remember that the investigation into Loan's disappearance, beyond Laudelina's complaint on Friday is the jurisdiction of the federal justice system, but pay attention because under the wheel in the area of the left front fender, they would have found traces of blood and elements compatible with some attempt to wash these traces of blood in the left front wheel. They found remains that could be compatible with blood. This must be confirmed by the investigators. When they came into contact with that visual image, they assumed that it could be treated of rust but the expert opinion of the scientifc police of the federal police determined that it could be blood, but they also found a sunken flat which coincides with the possibility of being dragged.

ETA: Just watching the rest of the video and 5 mins. in the reporter is saying this info. is "unofficial". They're not taking it as fact until it goes through federal court.
At first I thought that accidental 'ran him over' story was a lie concocted to cover up the kidnapping.

But if that is true about all the forensics found on the van, that seems to corroborate it---could they have done such extensive frame job? I guess maybe of chief of police involved they could?

But I agree, that if 5 people in jail are not talking, why would they all stay silent if it was just an accident?

At first I thought that accidental 'ran him over' story was a lie concocted to cover up the kidnapping.

But if that is true about all the forensics found on the van, that seems to corroborate it---could they have done such extensive frame job? I guess maybe of chief of police involved they could?

But I agree, that if 5 people in jail are not talking, why would they all stay silent if it was just an accident?
I was watching an interview with Benitez's (Loan's uncle) Lawyer yesterday, can't find it now, so can't quote directly. Regarding Laudelina's claims he said he learned of her claims through the media, like everyone else. He said he'd spoken to her since the arrest and she made no mention of an accident.

Just came across this article:

Loan's disappearance: a post was resurfaced in which the detainee was accused of selling children in Corrientes

While the search continues for Loan Danilo Peña, the five-year-old boy who was last seen on June 13 in Corrientes, disturbing posts resurfaced on social media thatThis would further complicate the situation of Antonio Benítez, uncle of the missing boy and one of the first people arrested in the case.

“If you see these guys, call the police. They are looking for children and girls in traffic and high-end cars,” warns the post that went viral in 2018. The man who appears in one of the photos that complete the post, with the alleged suspects of recruiting and selling children, is Benítez.

The publication revolutionized the small town at the time and unleashed a flood of reactions among Internet users. However, amid the messages of fear and rejection, the public defense of Laudelina Peña, who came out to counter the accusations against Benítez and Juan Caillava (brother of Victoria Caillava), now became relevant.

ETA: Link to interview with lawyer.

Last edited:

“We don’t want him here anymore”: Antonio Benítez, Loan’s uncle who became the most rejected detainee in 9 de Julio​

For some time now, Benítez has been in the eye of the storm on his own ranch. Born and raised in 9 de Julio, the town itself does not want him and since the Loan case broke out, the neighbors unanimously exclaim: "We don't want him here anymore." And he feels rejected, which is why on several occasions, in the recent past, he had to go to the interior of Corrientes and the province of Córdoba, to do odd jobs.

"Ever since I've known him, he's always been in jail . He goes in and out, but he must have been arrested five or six times," a neighbor who lives a block away tells Clarín . "Personally, I try to avoid him. I'm scared after what he did and I have little daughters, so I go all the way around to avoid seeing him."

The young mother who spoke to this newspaper confirmed that "Benítez sexually abused a girl who, given what she experienced and because they finally released him, went to Buenos Aires. He was only in Goya prison for a year." That was more than a decade ago. "He got out quickly and the rest of the times he was arrested it was for cattle theft or selling drugs. Several times he entered other people's fields, slaughtered cows and took them to sell them. He is a miserable person and his wife, Laudelina, is the same or worse."

That conviction for rape - as well as that of Commissioner Walter Maciel, accused of abusing a subordinate - mobilized prosecutors Juan Carlos Castillo and Guillermo Barry who, before the file was passed to the Federal Court, in one of the last requested expert reports, ordered a record of samples of his genitals , information that was confirmed by Gustavo Briend, lawyer of María Noguera, Loan's mother.

“We don’t want him here anymore”: Antonio Benítez, Loan’s uncle who became the most rejected detainee in 9 de Julio​

For some time now, Benítez has been in the eye of the storm on his own ranch. Born and raised in 9 de Julio, the town itself does not want him and since the Loan case broke out, the neighbors unanimously exclaim: "We don't want him here anymore." And he feels rejected, which is why on several occasions, in the recent past, he had to go to the interior of Corrientes and the province of Córdoba, to do odd jobs.

"Ever since I've known him, he's always been in jail . He goes in and out, but he must have been arrested five or six times," a neighbor who lives a block away tells Clarín . "Personally, I try to avoid him. I'm scared after what he did and I have little daughters, so I go all the way around to avoid seeing him."

The young mother who spoke to this newspaper confirmed that "Benítez sexually abused a girl who, given what she experienced and because they finally released him, went to Buenos Aires. He was only in Goya prison for a year." That was more than a decade ago. "He got out quickly and the rest of the times he was arrested it was for cattle theft or selling drugs. Several times he entered other people's fields, slaughtered cows and took them to sell them. He is a miserable person and his wife, Laudelina, is the same or worse."

That conviction for rape - as well as that of Commissioner Walter Maciel, accused of abusing a subordinate - mobilized prosecutors Juan Carlos Castillo and Guillermo Barry who, before the file was passed to the Federal Court, in one of the last requested expert reports, ordered a record of samples of his genitals , information that was confirmed by Gustavo Briend, lawyer of María Noguera, Loan's mother.

Wow....I guess the above article answers one big question----- people were asking why this poor 5 yr old had never been taken to his grandmother's home before---I guess we have our answer?

Leon's father knew that part of his family was very shady, and he kept his children away from them?

But if so, I'm surprised he let his young boy out of his sight. Poor kid.

Castillo and Barry also claimed that there was sensitive information in the suspects’ phones they could not share because it could compromise the investigation but that there was sufficient evidence to definitively state that this was a child trafficking, not a missing person case.

"Amid the relentless search for Loan Danilo Peña, another five-year-old girl disappeared in the province of Corrientes. Her family reported that they have not heard anything about her whereabouts since last Saturday." "This is Ámbar, who on June 29 accompanied her mother to the kiosk, located on the corner of her house. The minor, with brown hair and brown eyes, separated from the woman for a few seconds and then disappeared. "“Her mother, Rosana Díaz, had gone to the kiosk in the corner of her house. Hours before, a van had been seen driving around the Quintana neighborhood. Rosana said that the vehicle had been driving around since morning,”

1719932799586.png

I'm trying to figure out the human trafficking angle. I just don't get it. Loan was at his grandmother's place with his father and other relatives. He is a child that would be reported missing. People who would fight to find him were there. He doesn't fit the profile of a human trafficking victim.

Young human trafficking victims are usually:
  • impoverished
  • have guardians with addiction issues
  • unsupervised/low supervision
Why would you snatch Loan when you've got the barrios to choose from?

Personally, I believe there was either an accident, or the adults at the orchard abused and disposed of him. Mentions of human trafficking make headlines and get clicks, of course the media will grab onto that. People love salacious stories.

Seems to me that everyone is suffering under Argentina's high inflation rate. People are desperate. I'm leaning towards Aunt Laudelina selling the child.

"I don't believe anything she says, she is surely covering up for her husband ," referring to Antonio Benítez.
The dad also points to Camila, his niece and cousin of the boy. "I don't know if it has to do with Loan's disappearance, but she was always with Laudelina, there is no way she didn't see something that Laudelina did ," he said. " if I had known that this group of people were there, I would not have come."

Camila,the daughter of the aunt. Let's see what I can find about her...

"Camila Peña arrived at the prosecutor's office to testify and is expected to deny the complaint made by her aunt."
"Camila Pena, Loan Pena's cousin, will deny before the courts the complaint made by Laudelina that the five-year-old boy was run over by María Victoria Caillava and Carlos Pérez."

I'm trying to figure out the human trafficking angle. I just don't get it. Loan was at his grandmother's place with his father and other relatives. He is a child that would be reported missing. People who would fight to find him were there. He doesn't fit the profile of a human trafficking victim.

Except there are indications that some of these people who were there have criminal histories and some have been accused of SA, Assault and Robbery before this incident.
Young human trafficking victims are usually:
  • impoverished
  • have guardians with addiction issues
  • unsupervised/low supervision
Why would you snatch Loan when you've got the barrios to choose from?
I think there are elements of the barrios in many rural homes now because of the extreme poverty and issues with inflation.
Personally, I believe there was either an accident, or the adults at the orchard abused and disposed of him. Mentions of human trafficking make headlines and get clicks, of course the media will grab onto that. People love salacious stories.

I think this is a case where it is highly possible there was evidence of kidnapping for monetary gain.

Oh a new suspect has been added. Camila's testimony provided a new piece of information about a person who suspiciously arrived at the lunch where the child disappeared and had a strange conversation with one of the relatives and left.

Loan: Burlando believes he has discovered where he was taken​

Fernando Burlando put forward a hypothesis as to how the boy was taken to an uncertain destination from the orange grove located 600 metres from his grandmother's house, where it was initially reported that he had gotten lost.

Burlando attributed the maneuver to Bernardino Benítez, one of the first people arrested in the case and husband of Laudelina Peña, Loan's aunt. The lawyer deduced that Benitez took him along a path in the opposite direction to the path that led him to his grandmother's house and they crossed a neighboring field. He reached a gate that allowed him to directly access route 12 without going through route 123, which is the usual route to go to 9 de Julio from the Algarrobal area.

He claimed that it was Benitez who prevented José Peña, Loan's father, from going to look for his son at the place where he was supposedly taken. "Don't go there, to Paniagua's, because I've already gone," is what he allegedly told the lawyer.

For Burlando, Benítez is part of the gang behind the kidnapping of the minor. "Benítez had the idea of bringing everyone to the orange grove, he controlled the situation," he told the press who were at the scene.

The lawyer said that Loan's uncle took him on a road opposite to Grandma Catalina's house. He suspects that the man made him cross a neighbor's field, go through a gate and exit on Route 12 where a vehicle could be waiting for them.

I am wondering how many of these news sources are news vs speculation and made up, you know like the enquirer because it seems every time someone speaks it is a totally different story.

I am wondering how many of these news sources are news vs speculation and made up, you know like the enquirer because it seems every time someone speaks it is a totally different story.
I've been wondering the same thing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice