Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who found the sunglasses - a ex army guy called Chris who now lives in Tenerife and has been helping to search - has handed them to police and given a statement. I think he did the right thing; even if they’re not Jay’s they are similar enough and in the right area. Not sure why he’s getting grief for it.

The only "grief" is
that the info and picture should not have been leaked to a tabloid.

Heating up all conspiracy frenzy.

Professionals don't operate like this.

I feel sorry for Jay's poor family.
The madness surrounding them and this case must be slowly killing them.

As if losing their son/brother was not bad enough :(

JMO

The guy who found the sunglasses - a ex army guy called Chris who now lives in Tenerife and has been helping to search - has handed them to police and given a statement. I think he did the right thing; even if they’re not Jay’s they are similar enough and in the right area. Not sure why he’s getting grief for it.
Absolutely what he should have done. It wouldn't be anyone's place, except the authorities, to determine if something is relevant to the case. It's the MSM hurrying to post it as basically truth in order to be the first to report something instead of waiting to see if it's true-- that's the problem.

Last edited:
The grief is because he has plastered this on TikTok , causing a social media frenzy. The guy should have handed them to police and kept quiet while they are checked by authorities . There is so much drama and frenzy, and down right evil conspiracies and posts being spread everywhere about this case, people seem to be forgetting this is a young boy missing with a family in absolute turmoil wondering where he is. Imagine that is jays sun glasses and the family have to see that on social media ? Soul destroying for them.

Crikey, that's amazing.

Re Esther Dingley case.

Even more amazing, is that her grief-stricken partner Dan Colegate continued to search alone & FOUND Esther’s remains 8/9 months after her disappearance.

Not off-topic, as this was another high-profile case of a British citizen missing in the mountainous region of a foreign country & there were a number of alternative theories mooted about her disappearance, before her remains were eventually found.

The grief is because he has plastered this on TikTok , causing a social media frenzy. The guy should have handed them to police and kept quiet while they are checked by authorities . There is so much drama and frenzy, and down right evil conspiracies and posts being spread everywhere about this case, people seem to be forgetting this is a young boy missing with a family in absolute turmoil wondering where he is. Imagine that is jays sun glasses and the family have to see that on social media ? Soul destroying for them.
Two different people. The tiktok person is not the one who found the sunglasses, he's just posting all about the sunglasses on social media in one minute plus long videos to coin it in.

"Mr Navarro, who is mayor of Santiago Del Teide,
defended the police against accusations the search was halted too soon,
telling Sky News
'a magnificent job has been done by the Civil Guard'.

'Until last week,
many resources were allocated to the search',
he added.

He also denied the search had been hampered by online conspiracy theories about the disappearance of the teen from Lancashire.

'I believe that in this case
the Civil Guard is very professional
and they do not deviate from the investigation
and what they have is quite clear and verified',
Mr Navarro insisted.

Jay's family,
who have travelled out to Tenerife,
intend to stay and are waiting to hear what authorities plan to do now the active search has ended.

The Civil Guard has provided scant information on their enquiries.

However,
they did confirm they do not consider the two British men whom Jay stayed with on the night before he went missing
were relevant to the investigation."

Jay's brother and Dad were at the last search. I don't know if they went up but they were there being briefed and may have also been at earlier searches.

They were there thanking the searchers but did not join the search.

'It's not the local park, these are big mountains, the terrain is dangerous, put yourself in our position would you go out in these conditions?' he said.
'It's tough, it's hard, we are leaving it to the professionals and I'm grateful for those who have turned out today and I want to thank them for what they are doing.'

Last edited:
I was thinking today, perhaps a reason Jay went to the airbnb instead of going back to the hotel, could have been because he'd lost his hotel key at the rave. Although I'm sure hotel staff are contactable all throughout the morning in case their customers have any problems like losing their keys.

He might have been able to walk further than we thought if he found a house / tourist along the route who he got a drink from.

Another reason he might not have been able to go back to the airbnb is if he'd walked quite far and knew that by the time he'd get back, the men might have left to go to the airport as they were due to go home that day.

He might have managed to get a taxi some of the way, then wanted to stop off at some location that looked nice, so he could explore for a while. Or maybe he was able to hitch hike for a while but the person could only take him so far. So he could be miles away from where any of the searches took place.

I was thinking today, perhaps a reason Jay went to the airbnb instead of going back to the hotel, could have been because he'd lost his hotel key at the rave. Although I'm sure hotel staff are contactable all throughout the morning in case their customers have any problems like losing their keys.

He might have been able to walk further than we thought if he found a house / tourist along the route who he got a drink from.

Another reason he might not have been able to go back to the airbnb is if he'd walked quite far and knew that by the time he'd get back, the men might have left to go to the airport as they were due to go home that day.

He might have managed to get a taxi some of the way, then wanted to stop off at some location that looked nice, so he could explore for a while. Or maybe he was able to hitch hike for a while but the person could only take him so far. So he could be miles away from where any of the searches took place.

There were no other sighting's of J, surely if he got a lift or a taxi, or if he went into a house or saw a tourist, these people would have told the Police that they'd seen him?

Last edited:

Not saying this is what happened but some teenagers are like this. Once when I was younger, my friends and I got drunk and my friend decided to walk home because she had no money left for a taxi. It was a 2 hour walk and that was at 4am in the morning. Obviously not as bad as 11 hours, but teenagers feel invincible, especially when inebriated. You cannot compare it with your own clear adult mind
When I was in my early 20s I missed last bus and decided to walk home 5 hour walk. At night. Yep, I probably had one too many.

Luckily before my phone died, I managed to contact my parents to let them know about my brilliant plan. My cousin found me walking along the road about 45 min into my walk, picked me up, and drove me home.

So yeah, I have no issues believing he was drunk and thought it would be a good idea to walk the distance

Last edited:
They were there thanking the searchers but did not join the search.

'It's not the local park, these are big mountains, the terrain is dangerous, put yourself in our position would you go out in these conditions?' he said.
'It's tough, it's hard, we are leaving it to the professionals and I'm grateful for those who have turned out today and I want to thank them for what they are doing.'

thank you I wasn't sure

I do suspect jay got further along his route then sars may have thought during search ,from the last ping on his phone he could have walked for a further hour or more nobody knows how much ground he actually covered ,sadly I feel he is dead as I'm sure after 14 days he would have approached someone for help even if just for a glass of water by now his disappearance must be known throughout the island so even in a strange coincidence that he fell banged his head ,got concussion, forgot who he was ,somebody would recognise him as the missing teen and report to law enforcement, I feel a lot that's in msm and online is muddying the waters of this case it's creating suspicion of his character and what he was up to almost implying that nefarious behaviour means a nefarious end when simply it could be as linear as what Lucy and Brad have said he left the Airbnb, decided to chance walking and unfortunately didn't make it ,the strangest thing that stands out to me is the bus stop and maybe the lady holding up her ten fingers to signal 10am perhaps he thought 10pm with the language barrier ,all speculation and personal opinion of course but general logic would tell the average person to wait at bus stop or grab a taxi based on the fact jay had been basically awake all night and out partying

there is a lot of hearsay about Lucy online and perhaps that stems from rumours from social media so who's to say whether true or not ,I feel she acted quite quickly and smartly and got law enforcement involved to search for her friend I feel the abuse she is receiving on line is awful and may stop any of the other friends of jay that were there coming forward publicly as they won't want to take the backlash online remember kids their age live online so they might not want to expose themselves, I have wondered is that why the other lad has not come forward publicly like Brad and Lucy

Re the screen shot of Snapchat picture with the cigarette, I believe we are looking at a pashmina (the reddish/pink parts), definitely common at outdoor festivals/raves.

“The investigation that the Civil Guard is carrying out in this case has several lines of inquiry open,” local Mayor Emilio Navarro told Sky News.

“It’s not that the search has stopped. Maybe, yes, in the territory, the field search, but other lines are open.”

It seems to be a very quick time between booking and arrival. It doesn’t clarify whether Mr Abdul actually stayed there, he could have just booked it for the other two men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810