Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MailOnline reporter Fred Kelly wrote: "Sharp-needled cacti grow higher than a man's head and there's no sound other than the noise of geckos scuttling in the undergrowth and the distant howl of the wind above the ravine."

Uncovering chilling remnants of past presence, he said: "In a sinister twist, the Mail uncovered eerie signs of life in one of two derelict homesteads nestled in the ravine: shoelaces knotted with twigs into haunting symbols akin to scenes from a horror flick, discarded water bottles, and - most bizarrely - a set of clean women's attire."

"In a sinister twist, the Mail uncovered eerie signs of life in one of two derelict homesteads nestled in the ravine: shoelaces knotted with twigs into haunting symbols akin to scenes from a horror flick, discarded water bottles, and - most bizarrely - a set of clean women's attire."
Only the Daily Mail could cast shoelaces and twigs as "haunting symbols akin to scenes from a horror flick."

It is the daily star not daily mail.
It's the Daily Star quoting the Daily Mail. "In a sinister twist, the Mail uncovered eerie signs..."

MailOnline reporter Fred Kelly wrote: "Sharp-needled cacti grow higher than a man's head and there's no sound other than the noise of geckos scuttling in the undergrowth and the distant howl of the wind above the ravine."

Uncovering chilling remnants of past presence, he said: "In a sinister twist, the Mail uncovered eerie signs of life in one of two derelict homesteads nestled in the ravine: shoelaces knotted with twigs into haunting symbols akin to scenes from a horror flick, discarded water bottles, and - most bizarrely - a set of clean women's attire."
The scene sounds like fodder for content-creators to get clicks on social media.

jmo

is there MSM that says he was 'wandering around like he was watching people'? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Sorry, I missed this post and it's on the previous thread, so cannot reply directly. I can't find the footage, but here's a quote from the Sun link below.

"PICTURES and videos of Jay at the NRG rave show him wearing a black bag with thick straps around his neck. Even when images show him dancing topless in the searing heat, the bag remains with him.

"At one point he is seen wandering around the dancefloor, looking around at other partygoers. It has led some to wonder what the bag contained and whether Jay could have been selling drugs that evening."

Death threats, disappearing duo & 10 clues that may unlock Jay Slater mystery

I am confused about the opinion of ex-British Army officer Pisa in this news article. He suggests Jay's phone was thrown to get to that spot it last pinged in. As far as I was aware, phone pings are never this accurate and therefore I am wondering why they are so sure it pinged exactly in the middle of thicket?

I am confused about the opinion of ex-British Army officer Pisa in this news article. He suggests Jay's phone was thrown to get to that spot it last pinged in. As far as I was aware, phone pings are never this accurate and therefore I am wondering why they are so sure it pinged exactly in the middle of thicket?

I just cannot understand this… Jay himself sent that ping to Lucy. Was he thrown in the air WITH the phone, simultaneously sending that image while in the air??

As far as we’ve seen, the ping is actually a screenshot of an image Jay himself took and sent to Lucy. So how could it possibly have been sent after the phone was thrown away?

I just cannot understand this… Jay himself sent that ping to Lucy. Was he thrown in the air WITH the phone, simultaneously sending that image while in the air??

As far as we’ve seen, the ping is actually a screenshot of an image Jay himself took and sent to Lucy. So how could it possibly have been sent after the phone was thrown away?

You’re right, he couldn’t have sent it if he wasn’t with his phone. Have you seen the supposed exact spot? It’s very unlikely Jay was actually standing right there, it’s in the middle of bushes with no sensible way of walking through.

I don’t think that spot is completely accurate. Someone has taken the pin and allocated it to What3Words. It might only be slightly off but in my opinion (and experience of using phone locations, which can be many, many metres out in rural areas) I doubt Jay was in that pinpointed 3 metre square area.

I don't know the details of what Jay sent to friends regards his location but I suspect there might be some confusion around phone mast pings and GNSS/GPS map pins?

ETA GNSS/GPS can be as accurate as 2-3 metres and up to around 15 metres so very accurate.

Also if his phone was actually thrown in there, then why couldn't they retrieve it? They said they'd need machetes to get to that spot, so if it's that hard to get to and the grass and bushes weren't cut then the phone should still be in this location.

I don't think the ping was accurate and I don't buy the phone thrown out theory either.

is there MSM that says he was 'wandering around like he was watching people'? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Sorry, I missed this post and it's on the previous thread, so cannot reply directly. I can't find the footage, but here's a quote from the Sun link below.

"PICTURES and videos of Jay at the NRG rave show him wearing a black bag with thick straps around his neck. Even when images show him dancing topless in the searing heat, the bag remains with him.

"At one point he is seen wandering around the dancefloor, looking around at other partygoers. It has led some to wonder what the bag contained and whether Jay could have been selling drugs that evening."

Death threats, disappearing duo & 10 clues that may unlock Jay Slater mystery
'Even when images show him dancing topless in the searing heat, the bag remains with him'

Well yeah, I don't think young people do dancing around their handbags :rolleyes:

Indeed. We could suggest that Jay cellotaped his phone to a lizard…? He has no basis at all for stating that. Just a theory, like the lizard and cellotape theory.

Phone pings to cell towers are located through a combination of the strength of the signal, which allows the tower to tell roughly how far away the phone is, and the triangulation of those signals to multiple towers. It can be accurate to within a few hundred metres, but the accuracy is mostly dependent on how many cell towers are in the area. I wouldn't personally expect a cell tower ping to be very precise in the middle of a mountainous region like Masca.

GPS from an app such as Snapchat, on the other hand, should be very accurate. If Jay sent an image with the GPS location tagged on it, IMO that's probably very close to where he actually was.

Just for clarity and I’m not saying Jay didn’t send the location- but apple phones do send locations without a person being with their phone. Both on WhatsApp and find my location. They also both allow live location sharing for a period of time- which is what seemed to have happened in the case of one of the screenshots (the original one shared showed “live location ended at” on the bottom. The live location sharing can not continue after an apple phone dies. This hasn’t been reported clearly- the original location was shared via media and press. The police later quoted they had signal/tower data that indicated elsewhere (which will have needed when the battery died) and is up to 3 km radius- where they searched and further out. Isla then advised Paul of a completely different location closer to the air bnb and road which I’m guessing was accessed via find my iPhone as at this point Jays mum had accessed an older phone of Jays (this was the day before the searches were officially called off), This would have transmitted for 24 hours after his phone went flat, every 15 minutes- but as it was more than 24 hours would have had a final third location and not a journey. Neither of the last 2 locations have been shared in the media as far as I’m aware, but they are both available via every iPhone. The least accurate is the original pin that was shared, mainly as we are not sure when it was sent, how it was sent and even if it was sent or it was screenshot by one of his friends. Either way only those who are in the closest circle ( including the police) have the accurate locations, we don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper