GA GA - Derrick Evans, 26, last seen @ home, expecting visitors, suspicious, Valdosta, 7 Nov 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Family worried for missing Valdosta man

upload_2020-11-18_19-51-4.jpeg

•last heard from Nov 7
•was on the phone with a friend when he said he’d call her back after the company coming over left, but never called back
•who the company was coming over is unknown.
•was supposed to meet a friend at Valdosta nightclub that Saturday night, but never made it.
•landlord at Derrick’s apartment complex never noticed anything suspicious; says he was a good tenant

Because of how long he has not been seen, Chief Leslie Manahan says it’s suspicious and they have detectives following up on all the information they receive.

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of Evans, please contact the Valdosta Police Department Bureau of Investigations at (229) 293-3145or the Crime Tip Line at (229) 293-3091.

Search continues for missing man

Feb 1 2021
The Valdosta Police Department continues searching for a missing person and wants the public’s help finding him.

Derrick Lashune Evans, 26, of Valdosta has not been heard from since Nov. 7, the police said in statement. His disappearance is being investigated by police department detectives, the statement said.

Derrick's mom created a FB page seeking information on his disappearance.
Missing Derrick lashune Evan's jr.

We Help the Missing also created a page.
Help Find Missing - Derrick Evans Jr.

151582558_103643608441879_4868145307888916351_n.jpg

Still nothing new? I hope they learn something soon.

Nope. Nothing new, unfortunately. I found Derrick's FB. His preferred name is Tank. I've read a bit through his page and get the impression he may have been having relationship problems. I'm getting the DV vibes and it scares me for Tank. I really hope LE is taking his case seriously.
Prince Tank [...] (removed by me) *warning - language/ some adult content*

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2021-4-9_16-53-16.jpeg
5’11”
195 lbs
Black male
Short Bright Pink or Bright Red hair
Brown eyes

Nickname: Tank or Roman

Circumstances of Disappearance
Family reports he was last seen at his house by a friend who left, and was expecting another visitor. He was not seen or heard from after that time. Any and all leads or information that come in are followed up on by detectives. If anyone has any information regarding Mr. Evans and his whereabouts, please call the VPD Investigations Bureau at 229-293-3145 or call the Crime Tip Line at 229-293-3091

We Help the Missing also created a page.
Help Find Missing - Derrick Evans Jr.

The “About Section” of this FB page was updated in August.
•Derrick was at the back of his residence when someone came to his front door
•He went to the front of his residence to the front door, but the person was driving away
•Derrick is believed to have ran to catch up with the car, getting inside, and then the car drove away.
•He has not been seen since.
THERE IS NO DESCRIPTION OF THE CAR.

Who reportedly witnessed the above event??

"Salter said people don’t go missing in Valdosta for that long, and they eventually turn up within a few days." from VPD asking for public’s help finding 2 people missing since February article.

These are just the ones I know of off the top of my head - without researching

Ann Taylor Dorminey - Oct 1981
Brandon and Paula Ann Wade - Missing Oct 2002
Derrick Evans - Nov 2020
Soloman Curry - Feb 2021
Walter Mintz - Feb 2021

Bumping for Derrick.. I don't see any recent updates on his case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors