GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am in great awe of Nancy Iskander.

Taking all the pain and sadness from the loss of her two beloved sons, and the frustration and anger at the lax result from the trial and putting it into a foundation to improve the lives of other innocent children needing foster care is just magnificent.

I wonder if her ex boyfriend will be visiting her in prison. Assume not since she tried to blame him.
I doubt it. She threw him under the bus many times over. I suspect Rebecca Grossman is the kind who makes false accusations. She makes allegations that her father and mother's boyfriend abused and molested her. None of her siblings have come forward.

I doubt it. She threw him under the bus many times over. I suspect Rebecca Grossman is the kind who makes false accusations. She makes allegations that her father and mother's boyfriend abused and molested her. None of her siblings have come forward.

Now that RG has been found guilty she and her attorneys should stop accusing her former boyfriend. If they continue to slander him I wonder if he could sue them for slander?

However, I understand the defense trying to implicate him, after all, it is what a defense is paid to do and he is not totally innocent in this.

In fact, had he not been speeding he very possibly would have seen the family ready to cross the road. He himself was driving very recklessly and had he not been racing RG's car, 2 boys - very possibly - would still be here.

Has he ever said anything to the family? Did he testify? Apologize for his part...?

2 Cents

Last edited:
Now that RG has been found guilty she and her attorneys should stop accusing her former boyfriend. If they continue to slander him I wonder if he could sue them for slander?

However, I understand the defense trying to implicate him, after all, it is what a defense is paid to do and he is not totally innocent in this.

In fact, had he not been speeding he very possibly would have seen the family ready to cross the road. He himself was driving very recklessly and had he not been racing RG's car, 2 boys - very possibly - would still be here.

Has he ever said anything to the family? Did he testify? Apologize for his part...?

2 Cents
I was surprised that he wasn't charged, too.

I was surprised that he wasn't charged, too.
Erickson was charged with "Reckless Driving", and ended up doing public service, talking about unsafe driving.

I am in great awe of Nancy Iskander.

Taking all the pain and sadness from the loss of her two beloved sons, and the frustration and anger at the lax result from the trial and putting it into a foundation to improve the lives of other innocent children needing foster care is just magnificent.

It is, at the same time, she also has two other children, who need her just as much as Mark and Jacob needed her. I hope that her need to fill her energy with projects to remember them, hasn't left her other children out.

It is difficult. I experienced something similar, not on this scale, but I found holidays so difficult, I purposely worked every single holiday, and my children had holidays with their grandparents. Now, I feel badly about it. Not that my kids didn't have great holidays, because they did, amazing things, travel, parties, family events.

They just don't remember me there. I just sort of "vanished" for several years, working, going to school, constantly busy.

It was 113 F in Chowchilla today, July 7

From July 2024

Inmates at Chowchilla women’s prison say they’re sweltering as cooling systems fail​

They only have fans and swamp coolers and the swamp coolers break down, get left dry - they need water - and they leak. Staffers brought ice water coolers in for inmates, but sometime later some were marked as being for staff only.

The cells get sun beating on them and get into the 90's while the hallways are cooler and have industrial fans. Inmates can purchase fans for their rooms.

However, due to staff shortages the inmates often get locked in their cells and cannot access the cooler hallways.

Pretty terrible.

2 Cents

Last edited:
From July 2024

Inmates at Chowchilla women’s prison say they’re sweltering as cooling systems fail​

They only have fans and swamp coolers and the swamp coolers break down, get left dry - they need water - and they leak. Staffers brought ice water coolers in for inmates, but sometime later some were marked as being for staff only.

The cells get sun beating on them and get into the 90's while the hallways are cooler and have industrial fans. Inmates can purchase fans for their rooms.

However, due to staff shortages the inmates often get locked in their cells and cannot access the cooler hallways.

Pretty terrible.

2 Cents

Suppose to say.....

July 2023

From July 2024

Pretty terrible.

2 Cents
Wow. I’m all for making prison uncomfortable, but…..prisoners are also human beings and they shouldn’t be tortured. I can’t imagine having to live in that condition. It’s inhumane (regardless of the crimes they committed). And making them pay for fans. What if they have no $?

I saw you corrected it to July 2023, so last year but my thoughts remain the same.

I don’t mind the thought of Rebecca being miserable though in prison.

Must be misery to be in an over crowded prison, with heat like that. I can't imagine having to work there. Let alone be incarcerated there.

Lice is a part of life living in prison. When I worked at a prison, I used to go to the gym everyday on my way home from work, work out, took a shower with tea tree oil shampoo, and came home, rested, and not smelling like "prison". It was gross. I literally dumped my work clothes in the washing machine on the way inside.

Woman inmate dies during heat wave at California Women's Prison in Chowchilla

No, it's not RJG. The name is given, but the article is behind a paywall and I don't have a subscription. Maybe someone else does.

Chowchilla forecast for 107F today, with a low temp of 71.

I found a free link. All kidding aside, people who are incarcerated should not be in conditions where they would actually die. It sounds like this person had additional medical issues.

I noticed something interesting in this article, that a woman who was actually incarcerated at Chowchilla, is now a worker for the Department of Corrections, as a "Prisoner Coordinator". That is really amazing. I completely support that. Obviously, she must have used her time incarcerated to learn, get rehabilitation, and change her life to be an advocate. Kudos to her, and the Department for hiring her.

I found a free link. All kidding aside, people who are incarcerated should not be in conditions where they would actually die. It sounds like this person had additional medical issues.

I noticed something interesting in this article, that a woman who was actually incarcerated at Chowchilla, is now a worker for the Department of Corrections, as a "Prisoner Coordinator". That is really amazing. I completely support that. Obviously, she must have used her time incarcerated to learn, get rehabilitation, and change her life to be an advocate. Kudos to her, and the Department for hiring her.

I found the quote and posted it..
"With increasingly deadly heat waves in California due to climate change, CDCR must not only follow its existing policies but develop and implement new policies that adequately protect the health and lives of incarcerated people,” said Kelly Savage-Rodriguez, a staff coordinator with CCWP who was incarcerated at CCWF for many years. “Staff negligence and preventable death is all too common.".

The article discusses another pedestrian fatality case in this judge's court and says that after the case:

Chen filed a civil suit against Herschel and was awarded $18 million in damages in 2020, with the jury also finding that Herschel acted with malice in the incident.

Hopefully Iskander can succeed likewise. She has filed a wrongful death suit against Grossman, and I looked it up and the court site says it's coming up for a trial setting hearing in September.

Screenshot_20240709_130651.jpg

I think it's not coincidental that Nancy Iskander has set up a foundation for the advocacy and ministry to foster care, in the name of her deceased sons.

It find it reassuring that she seems to be getting some careful and considered legal consultation regarding an active memorial for her children.

The article discusses another pedestrian fatality case in this judge's court and says that after the case:

Hopefully Iskander can succeed likewise. She has filed a wrongful death suit against Grossman, and I looked it up and the court site says it's coming up for a trial setting hearing in September.

View attachment 516570
Brandolino should be removed, JMO

Amazing work done by the Iskander family to keep Mark and Jacob's memory alive.

Wow. I’m all for making prison uncomfortable, but…..prisoners are also human beings and they shouldn’t be tortured. I can’t imagine having to live in that condition. It’s inhumane (regardless of the crimes they committed). And making them pay for fans. What if they have no $?

I saw you corrected it to July 2023, so last year but my thoughts remain the same.

I don’t mind the thought of Rebecca being miserable though in prison.

To be honest, there are millions of Californias (not in prison) who have equally hot conditions. We have no air conditioning where I live - and none of my family has air conditioning, either. If it's hot, it's hot.

There's no air conditioning in many/most of our schools. Many preschools have no A/C. There are nursing homes without A/C (esp in the Central Valley - where fans are supposed to be enough, but it's very hot). We are indeed having a very unseasonable hot spell (it got to 102 in Chowchilla today, according to wunderground.com). I would expect the State to provide air movement - and to start allowing earlier probation for the people who are almost done serving.

Actually, they do have fans at Chowchilla- but also swamp coolers (where those will work). The problem is that even if the State could budget for installing central A/C, many Westerners are on waitlists for (exorbitantly priced) AC systems. It's even worse in Nevada and Arizona.

According to what I'm reading, the state has paid for lots of fans - but if a person wants an individual one, looks like they need an outside supporter to help them. The report from the Luskin Institute at UCLA has really spurred the installation of more heat abatement tech - but the temps are not usually this high! And it's been hot for days and days.

IMO and according to that article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back