MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn’t read Turtleboy but IMO despite his popularity in public, I don’t really he impacted the trial, i.e. the jurors, prosecution or defense outcomes all that much, mainly because he was not mentioned and the defense did a very good job with their own competency in raising reasonable doubt in regards to the adequacy and reliability of the evidence and inferences brought forth by the prosecution in the CW’s attempt to prove KR hit JOK was hit by the car.

Also, questioning and discussing the existence of potential other suspects who may have had motivation to harm or kill JOK based on witness testimony, evidence or inferences made based on JOK’s or KR’s relationships or interactions with others appears to be an acceptable defensive strategy according to American Bar Association. For example, this may include making inferences based on the relationships or romantic entanglements between JOK, KR and BH or the relationship between CA and JOK that the defense hinted may have possibly been tenuous due to a disagreement over JOK’s lawn and CA throwing beer cans on it.

As long as the defense does not intimidate the witnesses or blatantly lie or use mistrusts it appears the ABA accepts this.

Despite Jen McCabe's best effort to bring this YouTuber into it, you're right that the jury probably had no clue about all that, as it should be.

I do wonder if they caught on to "the feds" comment....who was it that said that on the stand? I forget.

IMO MOO

Not habitual criminals? Are you sure about that? There is stuff in their pasts that say otherwise. There's also an FBI investigation going on into this case and others that they were involved in. We know for a fact that several of the Alberts have no problem driving drunk. There was a body of someone they know outside in their lawn after they had a late night party. At the very least there should have been an investigation inside that house and the people who were there all needed to be questioned separately. None of that happened.

Karen Read wasn't a habitual criminal either, so I don't understand what point you're trying to make.
Well so far no charges have come from that investigation, even after 3000 pages were released. The fact that Proctor didn’t investigate isn’t the Albert’s fault…..just saying.

Despite Jen McCabe's best effort to bring this YouTuber into it, you're right that the jury probably had no clue about all that, as it should be.

I do wonder if they caught on to "the feds" comment....who was it that said that on the stand? I forget.

IMO MOO
Ryan Nagel and I agree about the jurors probably not being aware either

IMO MOO
IT WAS COLIN. Another poster said Nagle, Colin could not 'remember; anything so it well may be Nagle.

That’s what puzzles me in relation to JOK family. Even if the McAlberts did nothing physically to JOK, they indeed meddled in the investigation to the point there will be nothing but doubt. You’d think the O’Keefes would be just as angry with them for that.
I suspect the OK's need some time to assess all the information they've gleaned through the trial? I don't think anyone expected Karen's defense to be so good. I have the sense that the CW thought this was going to be a walk in the park, but how wrong they were. And now JOKs family may not know what to believe, with the exception of POK, who will likely hold onto his resentment for a long time unfortunately, because his anger is likely the only thing that gives hm a sense of power right now. It's easier for him to be angry at Karen than at LE.
ETA: There's also stages that people move through in their own timing with the grieving process. According to psychology experts, these are – denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
MOO.

Last edited:
I suspect the OK's need some time to assess all the information they've gleaned through the trial? I don't think anyone expected Karen's defense to be so good. I have the sense that the CW thought this was going to be a walk in the park, but how wrong they were. And now JOKs family may not know what to believe, with the exception of POK, who will likely hold onto his resentment for a long time unfortunately, because his anger is likely the only thing that gives hm a sense of power right now. It's easier for him to be angry at Karen than at LE.
MOO.
Jen McCabe, the narrative orchestrator, starting with saying and telling what KR said or did not say to Proctor and anyone that would listen, oh right, shouting it on the stand. She started a little club for Mrs. O'Keefe. zoomed right in on her, made her her bff. Right in her ear, works very well for the J. McCabes of the world when under the gun like she now is. Dominoes need to start falling faster and they will. Kevin Albert should not be under PAID leave. Hoping he is sweating away all that salary he is getting for now. He is part of the other case FBI has as well as the Canton PD.

By making sure their friend Proctor was on the matter and thus wouldn’t question them and due to the relationship he didn’t. Then they all denied the relationship on top of that.
Wasn’t that Proctors call. I didn’t see any evidence that BA or anyone made calls to make sure Proctor was the main investigator.

Don’t get me a gift get my wife a gift, if that wasn’t in the context as part of a police officer murder case that alone could be a criminal case on its own, just wild stuff happening in Canton
Code of conduct 101: Don't accept any gifts from people you are investigating, or from their family members, for this may lead to the perception of preferential treatment. LOL. Which is exactly why he suggested she get the gift for his wife. Such a crooked cop!
MOO.

Wasn’t that Proctors call. I didn’t see any evidence that BA or anyone made calls to make sure Proctor was the main investigator.

Think Auntie Julie McCabe ( Mother of Colin ) and donuts.
Julie...who babysat for Proctor, who offered to buy him a gift.
Was present early am at 34 Fairview. Just in time to help it all get going...

Julie Albert. She is married to Chris Albert and the parents of Colin Albert.
Why would anyone have the idea to buy him a gift anyway!
I guess she knew he was keeping her little boy safe.
MOO.

Jen McCabe, the narrative orchestrator, starting with saying and telling what KR said or did not say to Proctor and anyone that would listen, oh right, shouting it on the stand. She started a little club for Mrs. O'Keefe. zoomed right in on her, made her her bff. Right in her ear, works very well for the J. McCabes of the world when under the gun like she now is. Dominoes need to start falling faster and they will. Kevin Albert should not be under PAID leave. Hoping he is sweating away all that salary he is getting for now. He is part of the other case FBI has as well as the Canton PD.
MOO but in one of Paul’s interviews did he say they have been friends with Jen for like 10 years. Kerry is the one that said Mrs O’Keefe said you should write things down so not to forget. Kerry and John’s niece also testified to things Karen said. Others also testified EMS and so on. Karen herself said she thought she could have hit John in her TV interview. Not understanding throwing Jen under the bus, when others said the same things.
I agree Kevin should be in trouble for his actions.

I didn’t read Turtleboy but IMO despite his popularity in public, I don’t really he impacted the trial, i.e. the jurors, prosecution or defense outcomes all that much, mainly because he was not mentioned and the defense did a very good job with their own competency in raising reasonable doubt in regards to the adequacy and reliability of the evidence and inferences brought forth by the prosecution in the CW’s attempt to prove KR hit JOK was hit by the car.

Also, questioning and discussing the existence of potential other suspects who may have had motivation to harm or kill JOK based on witness testimony, evidence or inferences made based on JOK’s or KR’s relationships or interactions with others appears to be an acceptable defensive strategy according to American Bar Association. For example, this may include making inferences based on the relationships or romantic entanglements between JOK, KR and BH or the relationship between CA and JOK that the defense hinted may have possibly been tenuous due to a disagreement over JOK’s lawn and CA throwing beer cans on it.

As long as the defense does not intimidate the witnesses or blatantly lie or use mistrusts it appears the ABA accepts this.

What is going to happen now?

Friends with Proctor and his wife previously, thick as thieves actually. Buy you gift, a/k/a for keeping our son out of the list of people at the house and so on and so on. Our son, Colin, son of CHRIS, the one on the selectman board who oversee the police dept. Whose brother, Kevin had it just announced AT that meeting, he is on leave due to investigation of Proctor and himself, Kevin. Nice!

I thought it was odd that Jen McCabe didn't have Kerry's phone number, but then just a few days later is in the car with her, driving Kerry's daughter to a play date (allegedly). Very strange. Especially in the middle of a crisis when she said she was in shawk for so long. What were they doing just palling around when there was so much else going on with the death of her friend who she loved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow
Back