CANADA Brantford, Ontario - Eugenia (Jenny) Da Silva, missing July 5th after leaving work in Woodstock.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am local, as well, and a friend of her friend who is so actively posting on social media. Her cousin posted this morning on Facebook to say that the ONLY fact they know is that she was in the Burford/Cathcart area on Friday evening (July 5). Other reported sightings (Port Rowan, LaSallette, Port Dover, etc) have not been confirmed. She is asking for businesses/homes with cameras along the route from Woodstock to Cathcart/Burford area to check their camera footage between 5 and 6 pm on Friday evening, and for everyone to keep an eye out for her phone (which last pinged in that area). Her/my mutual friend says that she is waiting to see what LE tells the family about possibly organizing searches. Must be agonizing waiting for more information.

A friend of mine is a friend of Jenny’s and has been very active on SM sharing the Missing Poster.

LaSallette is a tiny place. I wonder where they think she was seen there?
Yes. Other than a sudden desire to check out the historic church there, I can’t see why she’d detour there, or get out of her car to be seen.

Yes. Other than a sudden desire to check out the historic church there, I can’t see why she’d detour there, or get out of her car to be seen.
From what I understand, though not confirmed, she may have grown up in that area, attended school and church there. And while that sighting has not been confirmed, I think friends may be posting in Facebook groups anywhere they think she may possible head? If she grew up there, people in that area may quite readily recognize her.

From what I understand, though not confirmed, she may have grown up in that area, attended school and church there. And while that sighting has not been confirmed, I think friends may be posting in Facebook groups anywhere they think she may possible head? If she grew up there, people in that area may quite readily recognize her.
Makes sense but it’s worrisome to me if she’s visiting childhood places.

There isn’t even a store in LaSalette.

Jenny left work in Woodstock at 3 pm and has not been seen since. Her phone last pinged in Burford, which is on her way home to Brantford. This is local to me and her friend has been actively posting on social media.

Police seek public's help to locate missing Brantford woman
Family and friends are trying to correct the information released by Brantford Police. They say that they have confirmed that she left her work parking lot in Woodstock at 5:08, and her phone pinged in Cathcart - Burford area about 5:30. I don't know why LE's information says 3 p.m. They also had her age wrong initially, not sure if they have updated it. According to those who know her, Jenny is 44 - not 34.

This is really scary :(. She wasn't dressed for any kind of leisure after work activity. Where could she have gone?
It is scary. And even scarier is the lack of updates from Brantford police, IMO. "Brantford Police said they weren’t available for an interview and couldn’t share any updates on the case. Their investigation, they added, continues." Why can't they share updates - at least to correct the misinformation that they've previously shared?

If she lives in Brantford and was coming from Woodstock then she purposefully took a detour to Burford.

Do we know where in Brantford she lived? Part of Brantford is south of the 403 (Older downtown area) and the newer part is north of the 403.

If her phone pinged in Burford she was still out in the country. South from Burford would take her to LaSalette, east would take her into the older section of Brantford.

I wonder if she avoided the 403 and went backroads? That could explain the ping in Burford.

Jenny left work in Woodstock at 3 pm and has not been seen since. Her phone last pinged in Burford, which is on her way home to Brantford. This is local to me and her friend has been actively posting on social media.

Police seek public's help to locate missing Brantford woman
The 403 from Woodstock to Brantford is down to one lane. The most logical way to get to Brantford is Highway 2 out of Woodstock to Eastwood, then take Highway 53 south at Eastwood. Highway 53 and through Cathcart and Burford and eventually leads to Brantford. Between Cathcart and Burford is Highway 25. It goes through a marsh just south of Highway 53, and if followed, will take you close to LaSallette. However keep in mind cell coverage is absolute garbage for Virgin/Bell in this area and there are not a lot of towers to ping against.
If she lives in Brantford and was coming from Woodstock then she purposefully took a detour to Burford.

Do we know where in Brantford she lived? Part of Brantford is south of the 403 (Older downtown area) and the newer part is north of the 403.

If her phone pinged in Burford she was still out in the country. South from Burford would take her to LaSalette, east would take her into the older section of Brantford.

I wonder if she avoided the 403 and went backroads? That could explain the ping in Burford.
The 403 is down to 1 lane either way between Woodstock and Brant Road 25. The easiest way to get to Brantford from Woodstock is either taking Highway 2 from Woodstock to Paris, then Paris Road to Brantford or, what seems more likely, Highway 2 from Woodstock to Eastwood, then take Highway 53 (aka Colborne St.) which would take one through Muir, Cathcart, Burford, then West Brant. This is the route that I would take because Paris is a dumpster fire traffic wise. The other thing to consider cell tower placement. In the Burford, Scotland area, Virgin/Bell users don't have enough towers and there are large dark areas with no cell signal..thus no pings. Hard to tell where the cell truly went dead.

Was she known to meet people to buy or sell things from Craigslist or other apps like Offer Up, Mercari, etc.? I have no idea what the latest apps are, especially in Canada.

The 403 from Woodstock to Brantford is down to one lane. The most logical way to get to Brantford is Highway 2 out of Woodstock to Eastwood, then take Highway 53 south at Eastwood. Highway 53 and through Cathcart and Burford and eventually leads to Brantford. Between Cathcart and Burford is Highway 25. It goes through a marsh just south of Highway 53, and if followed, will take you close to LaSallette. However keep in mind cell coverage is absolute garbage for Virgin/Bell in this area and there are not a lot of towers to ping against.

The 403 is down to 1 lane either way between Woodstock and Brant Road 25. The easiest way to get to Brantford from Woodstock is either taking Highway 2 from Woodstock to Paris, then Paris Road to Brantford or, what seems more likely, Highway 2 from Woodstock to Eastwood, then take Highway 53 (aka Colborne St.) which would take one through Muir, Cathcart, Burford, then West Brant. This is the route that I would take because Paris is a dumpster fire traffic wise. The other thing to consider cell tower placement. In the Burford, Scotland area, Virgin/Bell users don't have enough towers and there are large dark areas with no cell signal..thus no pings. Hard to tell where the cell truly went dead.
Yes, I understand that her usual route was Hwy 53 thru Burford - that is not apparently out of her ordinary pattern. That is the route I would take from Woodstock to Brantford, as well - quieter, less traffic than 403.

The most logical way to get to Brantford is Highway 2 out of Woodstock.... It goes through a marsh just south of Highway 53, and if followed, will take you close to LaSallette.
RSBM
Are any in-person searches taking place? Can you say more about the marsh? Is it somewhere a car could crash? Sounds close to one of her phone pings.

Yes, I understand that her usual route was Hwy 53 thru Burford - that is not apparently out of her ordinary pattern. That is the route I would take from Woodstock to Brantford, as well - quieter, less traffic than 403.
I agree. Taking 53 through Burford makes sense… especially if heading into the old West Brant.
La Sallette is definitely out of the way.
I rarely give much credit to possible sightings. I also try to remember that we know very little about people’s personal lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttaylor21318
Back