Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reading this I don't see how NC could not be charged. Of course we don't know any details but presuming the 3 of them were together, NC would have to be insanely stupid to not understand they were unlawfully keeping Seraya from her mother.
I notice the language says "if the parent or other person". Not "if the parent and other person".

IMO, that law would apply when the other person was acting alone, but under the parent's directions.

IMO, police will not charge her. There's no evidence she was the driving force behind this, that's more likely to have been his parents. IMO it would be very unfair if she was charged and they weren't.

And, evidently, she's left him, she's not waiting in Arizona to support him after his release. It's quite possible she was unhappy and made a call or two.

JMO

Man who found Aaron and Seraya outside his house and went to the police on Vinnie Politan

So NC MAY have indeed been located or turned herself in at the border on July 4th after having been separated from AA and baby S. She had passports, IDs the money, everything on her. Leaving AA without resources.

When the gentleman (Martin) who reported them noticed them he never saw NC. Just AA and Seraya. The car was out of gas, disabled in front of his home. AA was visibly upset/agitated, seemed lost. they were hungry and AA asked after local food pantries. after attempting to direct them to resources he called his daughter and asked her to confirm the info about the car in the amber alert to be sure it was them. Once confirmed he reported their location to LE.

ETA MANY MANY THANKS TO MARTIN!

Man who found Aaron and Seraya outside his house and went to the police on Vinnie Politan

Wow! Lots of important info in that video.

Now that it’s confirmed that Aaron and Seraya were indeed spotted by Martin, we can pretty much conclude that Nadia had little to nothing to do with helping locate them, despite her parents’ statement. We also know that she was caught — not that she left “voluntarily.”

Most importantly, Nadia had their money and passports. Aaron was left with a dead car, no gas, and no means to feed or care for Seraya. He was looking for food banks.

And despite all this, Seraya’s grandmother says they’re reluctant to remove Aaron from Seraya’s life entirely because she loves her father. That really is something.

So NC MAY have indeed been located or turned herself in at the border on July 4th after having been separated from AA and baby S. She had passports, IDs the money, everything on her. Leaving AA without resources.

When the gentleman (Martin) who reported them noticed them he never saw NC. Just AA and Seraya. The car was out of gas, disabled in front of his home. AA was visibly upset/agitated, seemed lost. they were hungry and AA asked after local food pantries. after attempting to direct them to resources he called his daughter and asked her to confirm the info about the car in the amber alert to be sure it was them. Once confirmed he reported their location to LE.

ETA MANY MANY THANKS TO MARTIN!
Food bank? Doesn’t sound like being on the run was much fun. And IMO the adults did some poor planning if they ran out of money that quickly. It also raises the possibility that no one was helping them financially.
MOO

Food bank? Doesn’t sound like being on the run was much fun. And IMO the adults did some poor planning if they ran out of money that quickly. It also raises the possibility that no one was helping them financially.
MOO
I am curious to know how they became separated. Did NC decide life on the lam wasn't for her and slip away. I need to relisten to the interview because it sounded like maybe they were stopped at a border check (maybe hopping back and forth across the border was happening which, if so, is pretty ballsy) and NC was taken into custody but AA and the baby let go?? Like I said, I need to rewatch the interview and listen more carefully in that section. I could have completely misconstrued.

adding link to Vinnie's Martin interview video

Last edited:
She had passports, IDs the money, everything on her. Leaving AA without resources.
I am curious why she had to take all the resources with her.

I understand wanting to leave the situation, but did she really purposely leave a two-year child without the means to eat while she herself took money?? Sorta sounds like it right now.

Can't wait to hear the whole story. (I haven't watched the Vinnie segment yet.)

jmo

at 12:00 in the video "they were stopped at a checkpoint on the 4th of July, and at that point, the fiancé was detained. She also had all of the passports, the ID, and the money. And it went with her. At this point Aaron and Seraya went a separate way"

How is it that NC was detained but AA was allowed to go his separate way with Seraya???

ETA it was dumb to have NC carrying all the resources (passports/IDs/money/etc) but if she was singled out at a checkpoint how could she then transfer those things to AA without calling attention to him and having him detained as well?

I also wondered how Aaron and Seraya were able to leave the checkpoint but Nadia was detained. The fact that he had her in a dead car with no gas or battery in the Mexican heat for days without proper provisions really doesn’t help his parents narrative that he had to take her for her own safety.

at 12:00 in the video "they were stopped at a checkpoint on the 4th of July, and at that point, the fiancé was detained. She also had all of the passports, the ID, and the money. And it went with her. At this point Aaron and Seraya went a separate way"

How is it that NC was detained but AA was allowed to go his separate way with Seraya???

ETA it was dumb to have NC carrying all the resources (passports/IDs/money/etc) but if she was singled out at a checkpoint how could she then transfer those things to AA without calling attention to him and having him detained as well?
Okay, the timeline is starting to get straightened out.....a little bit.

Reading this I don't see how NC could not be charged. Of course we don't know any details but presuming the 3 of them were together, NC would have to be insanely stupid to not understand they were unlawfully keeping Seraya from her mother.
According to the criminal defense attorney in the video, NC could be on the hook for a conspiracy charge for aiding and abetting a parental kidnapping. But more backstory is still needed — did NC and AA have a good reason to feel they needed to take Seraya? Did NC encourage AA to do it? Etc. etc.

Edited to add: I wonder if prosecution could leverage an offer to drop charges against her in exchange for testifying against him.

Last edited:

Could the private security company be involved and only had interest in NC?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back