CA CA - Coleen Harris, 25, from OH, went to Sacramento to see man she met online, his name & add were false, seen getting off plane, 15 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact a young lady of 25, who was recently married, wasn't reported missing for a whole month is hinky in the extreme.
Why did the husband wait so long to notify LE? (Was it even him that initially contacted them?)
I'm wondering if Coleen has gone off radar in the past and her family didn't get really worried until well after she left for Sacramento.

I'm in Sacramento and this story hasn't been in the local news at all. How much effort is Sac LE putting into this case?

JMO.

The fact a young lady of 25, who was recently married, wasn't reported missing for a whole month is hinky in the extreme.
Why did the husband wait so long to notify LE? (Was it even him that initially contacted them?)
I've been wondering about this since Coleen's case first came to our attention. There are many unanswered questions here.

Yes, why did it take so long to report her missing to begin with? Also, what is her husband doing to help find her? I'm wondering how often Coleen and her husband communicated. Was he aware she planned to go to Sacramento?

We still don't know anything about this 'Mexican man' that Coleen supposedly went to see. At this point we don't have any actual evidence this man exists. If she did go to see someone in CA then there must be some data logs from her computer or phone showing communication with someone in CA. So far we have no information about that.

Just a reminder that the husband lives in Scotland, UK. They had a long distance relationship, even after marrying. I imagine the miles between them makes it quite difficult for him to be involved!

<modsnip: private FB groups are not allowed to be discussed>
However I do have a couple of questions…. I am really interested in knowing if police have actually verified - using CCTV I mean - that Coleen got off a plane in Sacramento. What if she actually never went there or someone else travelled there under her name?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have searched (googled) all over MSM using Coleen Harris but only two articles come up. Here's is all we know after two months.

The facts from this article:

She flew to Sacramento, CA on November 15, 2023. Officials have confirmed she got off the plane there and has not been heard from since.

FBI has been called in since it is an interstate case.

Sacramento LE has followed up on a lead of an address she was intending to go to, but determined it was 'not a good address'.

'Family' has said she has a history of making friends online. Her family has described her as a social butterfly. She constantly keeps in regular contact with her family and regularly posts on her FB, "even when she goes places to meet people". She has not communicated with her family or on her FB since the day she went missing (11/15/2023).

Relatives say "say she is married to a man who lives in Scotland, and she was reportedly working double shifts at her job at the Martins Ferry Wendy’s in an effort to make money to get back to Scotland once a problem with her visa was corrected".

Relatives told 7News Coleen “was picked on in school,” and turned to the Internet as an outlet to make friends.”

"They say the person she was to meet in California was reportedly a Mexican man who gave her a name that turned out to be false."

There is another shorter article that has little information.

I have also searched under the name Coleen Adam and Coleen Adams which is reportedly her married name. I am unsure of the spelling as she has been referred to as both Adam and Adams in this thread. I can find nothing. I'm in the US so I'm not sure my searches extend to international MSM.

What sends my Hinky Meter up is that she was only reported missing a month after the loss of contact. And as I understand it, it was reported by her new husband, not by her family. IMO, her family has been reluctant to even report her disappearance. She was confirmed at the Sacramento Airport, why does the trail stop there?

If she has in fact disappeared, why is her husband and family so reluctant to share any information that might help find her? I would they would be contacting all media they could and getting her picture out there in the hope she will be found.

Thoughts anyone?

JMO

I don't think family members and husband are all on the same page. Not necessarily 1 against the other, but possibly everyone having a different point of view, everyone knowing and not knowing different aspects of C's life. I don't think any one person has the full picture

Hoping C is safe and well

MOO

It think it begs the question of whether the name and address she was given were ‘not good’ or if it’s simply the name and address she gave her family.

JMO but I can see in a family with a lot of drama one just wanting to get away. I actually did the same (moved from the US to the UK to marry my husband and never looked back), but that was a long time ago and visa rules have changed. Income requirements are increasing. There is a lot of prying into your personal life (I had to send copies of all of our emails to each other, Christmas and birthday cards, financial records, chats, really personal stuff) to prove we had a genuine relationship. I assume that is probably even more challenging when you did meet online and maybe have less proof of a ‘real life’ relationship. I can see how it might push someone over the edge, especially someone without a supportive family to fall back on. MOO

It think it begs the question of whether the name and address she was given were ‘not good’ or if it’s simply the name and address she gave her family.

JMO but I can see in a family with a lot of drama one just wanting to get away. I actually did the same (moved from the US to the UK to marry my husband and never looked back), but that was a long time ago and visa rules have changed. Income requirements are increasing. There is a lot of prying into your personal life (I had to send copies of all of our emails to each other, Christmas and birthday cards, financial records, chats, really personal stuff) to prove we had a genuine relationship. I assume that is probably even more challenging when you did meet online and maybe have less proof of a ‘real life’ relationship. I can see how it might push someone over the edge, especially someone without a supportive family to fall back on. MOO
Thank you for sharing, @starlightstarbright.

Also, I see that I'd misspelled Coleen's name up thread.

Were there any significant events taking place at the time that Coleen made her trip to Sacramento? Did Coleen have any hobbies or interests?

If she did have hobbies or interests, I'm thinking of events related to hobbies such as conventions, exhibits, fan fairs, and so forth.

That could be a possible reason for her trip to Sacramento. Perhaps Coleen intended to meet more than one person.

It was suggested upthread that one of Coleen's tattoos may had something to do with the anime and possibly the video gaming hobbies.

I found two interesting websites that lists conventions that are held with the anime and gamer hobbies.

Upcoming Gaming Conventions

Upcoming Anime Conventions

Any thoughts?

I'm wondering if she visited any dispensaries in Sacramento which would have security footage and check IDs.

I apologize for my last post. I'm new to the site and posted social media account and just brushed up on the terms that you can't post family members social media even if public. I apologize.

Welcome @mcham05 We've all made mistakes. Don't tell anyone but I've been around awhile and still do (shhhhh!). When in doubt ask a mod or even put the question up prior to the info and we may be able to help. It get's easier.

At this point, I think Coleen (for whatever reason) has gone off-grid and we won’t hear anything further about it unless her family posts on social media.

Maybe she ended up in Scotland and doesn’t want family to know. I hope so. I hope she is safe.

jmo

At this point, I think Coleen (for whatever reason) has gone off-grid and we won’t hear anything further about it unless her family posts on social media.

Maybe she ended up in Scotland and doesn’t want family to know. I hope so. I hope she is safe.

jmo
I just checked the California Attorney General website and Coleen is no longer listed as missing on that website.

So hopefully that is a good sign that she is safe.

My name is Karielle and Colleen was my cousin from her mother's side. I last spoke to Colleen on Discord late September of 2023. I'm kind of in the dark with most of what is going on to be fair. I know some of the main facts that were reported on WTRF and I've heard theories. I just want to know that shes safe and the truth at the end of the day. Feel free to reach out!

My name is Karielle and Colleen was my cousin from her mother's side. I last spoke to Colleen on Discord late September of 2023. I'm kind of in the dark with most of what is going on to be fair. I know some of the main facts that were reported on WTRF and I've heard theories. I just want to know that shes safe and the truth at the end of the day. Feel free to reach out!
Hello, and welcome. Your post has me confused. Since she's no longer on the missing website, I believe everyone here assumed she was voluntarily missing and that family was aware. So you're saying her family actually doesn't know the circumstances?

Quite sensible to keep looking imo. Certain people discouraged the husband from reporting her missing too if I remember correctly.

I have to be honest, I'd totally forgot about Colleen until I saw this post. Keep getting her name out there.
I feel this still needs more attention because no one has heard from her to this day. So im just gonna keep up awareness until we get answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back