TX TX - Patricia Humphreys, 15, murdered, Houston, 26 Jun 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some people just cannot deal with the pain and run away from it. It's rare to see that in a Mother, but it does happen.

It's always interesting to me how differently mother's are viewed and judged versus fathers. The father lived out of state and returned to SF following the search and yet... With that said, in this case, I don't believe that either parent is involved. I do believe that the location of the body of where the body was discovered is critical and wonder what information investigators gathered on any persons with links to the church (i.e. bus/van driver, custodian, contractors doing repairs around that time, members, etc.). The perpetrator had to have been familiar with that area (this is important...) and had a level of comfort to be on the church property - ad not be viewed suspiciously - in order to access the trail/path to that specific area.

Some people just cannot deal with the pain and run away from it. It's rare to see that in a Mother, but it does happen.

It's always interesting to me how differently mother's are viewed and judged versus fathers. The father lived out of state and returned to SF following the search and yet... With that said, in this case, I don't believe that either parent is involved. I do believe that the location of the body of where the body was discovered is critical and wonder what information investigators gathered on any persons with links to the church (i.e. bus/van driver, custodian, contractors doing repairs around that time, members, etc.). The perpetrator had to have been familiar with that area (this is important...) and had a level of comfort to be on the church property - ad not be viewed suspiciously - in order to access the trail/path to that specific area.

What happened to the sister? Looks like she predeceased mom. I wonder if the sister knew more than she let on.

I know it's probably not the case but I have often wondered if Patricia was killed by the same person that ended up killing Julie Gwenn Davis. When they found Julie in 1990 she had a 1975 class ring from a Houston area school. People think the ring belonged to a man she married and likely killer. That would put them in the right area and time to be linked to Patricia. Like I said, probably not but that's always made me wonder.

I love all of the activity on this thread. Patricia's case is one of much mystery. The possibility of someone being familiar with the church she was found behind is interesting. You just never know. Some murderers are much more organized and find ways to plan out everything to the last detail and complete it like you would a project. Just such a wide array of possibilities considered from the disorganized lust killers to the very organized. Keep the ideas coming! #justiceforpatricia

July 7, 2024 Dateline NBC
''Apparently, Kaye and her sister, 16-year-old Deb, had been given permission to take their mom’s car to the Thunderbird Drive-In for a double feature on June 25, 1975. Their mother told them to come straight home afterwards. On the bill that night were ‘Lenny’ and ‘Midnight Cowboy,’ both starring Dustin Hoffman. “Deb came home without Kaye and told her mom she’d disappeared,”
1720447576404.png
''No one has ever been arrested or charged in connection to the murder of Patricia Kaye Humphreys. Detective Shorten, however, is still hopeful Kaye’s case can be solved. “You’d be surprised — who didn’t talk five years ago may talk now,” she said. “Every case I’m assigned, I’m very hopeful that we can have solvability.”

Anyone with information about Kaye’s murder is asked to contact the Homicide Unit at the Houston Police Department at 713-308-3600. Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering a reward of $10,000 for information leading to the identification, charging and/or arrest of the suspect(s) in the case. They can be reached at 713-222-8477.''

Does anyone else think that this has similarities to the Carla Walker case?

I know it's probably not the case but I have often wondered if Patricia was killed by the same person that ended up killing Julie Gwenn Davis. When they found Julie in 1990 she had a 1975 class ring from a Houston area school. People think the ring belonged to a man she married and likely killer. That would put them in the right area and time to be linked to Patricia. Like I said, probably not but that's always made me wonder.
Do you recall the name of the man that Julie Gwenn Davis was married to?

I know that Patricia Kaye Humphreys was a student at Northbrook High School in Houston and the ring found with Julie's body was from a different high school (I don't recall the name of that school).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back