FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN
Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22

Last edited by a moderator:

Please continue here.

I've been thinking about a gaping hole in Donna's expected defense.

It is anticipated that Donna's defense will rely on the argument that even if Charlie's extortion story was false, Donna subjectively believed it. That is, Donna honestly believed that the people who killed DM had also treatened to kill her son and his family members (including DA herself, her husband, her children, and her granchildren) if they were not paid "a third of a million dollars."

This defense lacks credibility for many reasons (e.g., it's inconsistent with the wire tap calls, DA never spoke a word about the potentially imminent threat to her husband or her daughter or counsel, the installment payments coincidentally stopped after the bump). In my view, however, the biggest problem with this defense is that DA and CA did not seek to pay off the extortionists IN FULL AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

It's one thing if Chuck only had a certain amount of cash in his safe on the day of the murder. But that has nothing to do with whether CA and DA would be able to easily come up with remaining balance to get the target off the family's back as soon as humanly possible. The idea that wealthy DA and CA would choose to prolong their relationship with murderous extortionist by paying a few thousand bucks a month for several YEARS, is laughable.

We're not talking about a 0% APR car loan where it makes sense to stretch out the payments because it's not costing you any extra. We're talking about a debt supposedy owed to cold-blooded murderers who killed someone you know and have threatened to murder you and your loved ones if they don't get paid in full. We're also not talking about a family that lacks the resources to easily pay the amount in full.

To paraphrase Chuck on the Dolce wire: "If someone comes after my family, I don't care what I have to spend." Are we really to believe that mother dearest would opt to live under a threat for years as part of an extortion layaway plan? Of course not, because it's an asinine argument.

It is anticipated that Donna's defense will rely on the argument that even if Charlie's extortion story was false, Donna subjectively believed it. That is, Donna honestly believed that the people who killed DM had also treatened to kill her son and his family members (including DA herself, her husband, her children, and her granchildren) if they were not paid "a third of a million dollars."

This defense lacks credibility for many reasons (e.g., it's inconsistent with the wire tap calls, DA never spoke a word about the potentially imminent threat to her husband or her daughter or counsel, the installment payments coincidentally stopped after the bump). In my view, however, the biggest problem with this defense is that DA and CA did not seek to pay off the extortionists IN FULL AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

It's one thing if Chuck only had a certain amount of cash in his safe on the day of the murder. But that has nothing to do with whether CA and DA would be able to easily come up with remaining balance to get the target off the family's back as soon as humanly possible. The idea that wealthy DA and CA would choose to prolong their relationship with murderous extortionist by paying a few thousand bucks a month for several YEARS, is laughable.

We're not talking about a 0% APR car loan where it makes sense to stretch out the payments because it's not costing you any extra. We're talking about a debt supposedy owed to cold-blooded murderers who killed someone you know and have threatened to murder you and your loved ones if they don't get paid in full. We're also not talking about a family that lacks the resources to easily pay the amount in full.

To paraphrase Chuck on the Dolce wire: "If someone comes after my family, I don't care what I have to spend." Are we really to believe that mother dearest would opt to live under a threat for years as part of an extortion layaway plan? Of course not, because it's an asinine argument.
Charlie was asked about this on the stand. He said he preferred the installment plan, because he felt that as long as Katie was getting paid, she would continue to protect him from the bad guys. It doesn’t make sense, because the bad guys would have no reason to go after him if theynweee paid off in full. But that’s what he said.

Charlie was asked about this on the stand. He said he preferred the installment plan, because he felt that as long as Katie was getting paid, she would continue to protect him from the bad guys. It doesn’t make sense, because the bad guys would have no reason to go after him if theynweee paid off in full. But that’s what he said.
Indeed, it makes no sense and will make even less sense as DA’s explanation since the jury will know Charlie was convicted of the murder.

Also DA and HA turned up at CA's house on the night of the 18th with the money at 9.00PM. KM did not turn up until 11PM and this is when she purportedly told CA about the extortion. CA stated to KM that his parents had just left, so around 10.30pm. Communication records in Charles Adelson’s iCloud show Donna Adelson telling Charles Adelson she was “outside your house” at approximately 8:59 pm on July 18, 2014. Cellular records for Donna Adelson and Harvey Adelson show an arrival time of 1:25 am in Orlando, which ties in with them leaving CA's house at 10.30, as it's a 3 hour drive. Donna and Harvey Adelson traveled to Orlando for the evening then on to Tallahassee the following morning.

Magbanua stated while at Charles Adelson’s residence Charles Adelson was armed and acting frantic. Charles told her his mother and father had just left his residence and left money that his mom had washed. At Adelson’s trial, Magbanua testified that the money she received was damp and moldy, consistent with being physically washed, and was stapled into $1,000 stacks. Magbanua took a Xanax that was provided by Adelson and fell asleep.

The only communication CA had with KM after the murder and before his parents arrived was a 3 min phone call, CA called KM. This is the only opportunity where an extortion could have been mentioned. But it was made at 8.36PM. DA and HA were already on the way to CA's house with the money.

Donna Adelson's discovery update of July 11, 2024 is posted at the docket.
The additional list of witnesses seems really interesting, especially:
1. big brother Dr. Robert Adelson
2. Attorney Thomas C. Gano
3. big brother Francis Magbanua
4. "super lawyer" David Marcus. The name should be spelled marKus, if it is who I am thinking about.
Also, the new items besides the electronics in the evidence have some interesting implications:
1. Hand written note about M11 Gun: what for is this powerful tactical semi-automatic?
2. Notebooks and ledgers: are evidences of cash transactions to evade tax and cook the accounting book to be exposed?
As ASA Georgia said "Please, stay tuned!"
Overall, more progresses toward Justice For Dan Markel.

Donna Adelson's discovery update of July 11, 2024 is posted at the docket.
The additional list of witnesses seems really interesting, especially:
1. big brother Dr. Robert Adelson
2. Attorney Thomas C. Gano
3. big brother Francis Magbanua
4. "super lawyer" David Marcus. The name should be spelled marKus, if it is who I am thinking about.
Also, the new items besides the electronics in the evidence have some interesting implications:
1. Hand written note about M11 Gun: what for is this powerful tactical semi-automatic?
2. Notebooks and ledgers: are evidences of cash transactions to evade tax and cook the accounting book to be exposed?
As ASA Georgia said "Please, stay tuned!"
Overall, more progresses toward Justice For Dan Markel.
Do you have a link for the docket?

Charles Adelson - son of Donna Adelson

Robert Adelson - son of Donna Adelson

Thomas C Gano - Miami criminal attorney

Tara N Kawass - lawyer for Katherine Magbanua

Francis Magbanua - brother of Katherine Magbanua

Lee Pierce - Digital Forensic Consultant for Tallahassee Police Department

Lisa Schelbe - interim Associate Dean at FSU

Sara Yousuf - Senior Attorney for Justice Research Group

June Umchinda - previous girlfriend of Charles Adelson

Scott Radius - nightclub manager of Vibe music lounge in the Miami area at the time of the murder.

It is a little awkward to see the name of "David Markus" spelling wrong in the filing by the State. I'm sure this was reviewed by many before it was submitted.

DM was the former attorney of CA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back