Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What sort of sanctions or what not might Morressey face as a result of today?

Once a prosecutor hides evidence and breaks the Brady Doctrine .... Game over for them... This Brady Doctrine is very serious and was established by the United States Supreme Court....

The Brady doctrine is a pretrial discovery rule that was established by the United States Supreme Court in Brady v. Maryland (1963).[2] The rule requires that the prosecution must turn over all exculpatory evidence to the defendant in a criminal case. Exculpatory evidence is evidence that might exonerate the defendant.[3]

Morrissey's been playing fast and loose for a while. She couldn't seem to get along with her first co-counsel (and it's not really true that he left because of a scheduling conflict. That was just a pretext.) The way she would bully the defense counsel HGR trial was really off-putting. The fact that her second co-counsel quit this morning suggests that a lot of shenanigans have been going on.

I would also read her motions and she came across as so unnecessarily antagonistic and bellicose. I wrote this a couple of months ago.

I don't know what Morrisey's problem is. She seems to have a real chip on her shoulder. I recall that half of her motion was basically her whining about the defense.

Maybe this style works well as a defense attorney, but I'm not so sure it'll work as a prosecutor. I think most people think of DAs as dispassionate to some degree. They aren't prosecuting someone because they hate them, but rather because it's their job as an employee of the state.

Some of us here have been saying this from early on. She seemed impulsive and sloppy, as if she had an agenda, no matter what. Remember when she charged him with violating a law that wasn't on the books when the shooting took place?

I'm not sure this evidence is exculpatory for HGR. Apparently it was in the control of the defense witness until the HGR trial was almost over. Only then was it handed over to the sheriff's office.

So, unless there's some other evidence that Morrissey was hiding, I think HGR doesn't have any grounds for a retrial/vacated conviction.

Compromised law enforcement and prosecution. They should all be fired for that slick little move that backfired on them. No telling how much damage they have done in the past. This wasn't their first rodeo.

I'm not sure this evidence is exculpatory for HGR. Apparently it was in the control of the defense witness until the HGR trial was almost over. Only then was it handed over to the sheriff's office.

So, unless there's some other evidence that Morrissey was hiding, I think HGR doesn't have any grounds for a retrial/vacated conviction.

Almost over ... Not good enough....

Morrissey's been playing fast and loose for a while. She couldn't seem to get along with her first co-counsel (and it's not really true that he left because of a scheduling conflict. That was just a pretext.) The way she would bully the defense counsel HGR trial was really off-putting. The fact that her second co-counsel quit this morning suggests that a lot of shenanigans have been going on.

I would also read her motions and she came across as so unnecessarily antagonistic and bellicose. I wrote this a couple of months ago.

I don't know what Morrisey's problem is. She seems to have a real chip on her shoulder. I recall that half of her motion was basically her whining about the defense.

Maybe this style works well as a defense attorney, but I'm not so sure it'll work as a prosecutor. I think most people think of DAs as dispassionate to some degree. They aren't prosecuting someone because they hate them, but rather because it's their job as an employee of the state.

Completely agree with you.

I followed the HGR trial closely. I got the sense her lawyer (Bowles) was basically an honest person trying his best but with modest resources and while being constantly undermined by Morrissey. He actually got close to unsettling Hancock a few times on the stand but didn't have the means or all the pieces to do anything with it. I had an unshakably bad feeling about law enforcement and Morrissey all the way through that trial.

Some of us here have been saying this from early on. She seemed impulsive and sloppy, as if she had an agenda, no matter what. Remember when she charged him with violating a law that wasn't on the books when the shooting took place?
In fairness that was the first prosecutor, Andrea Reeb. She had to resign because she was also a legislator who wanted to prosecute AB to help her reelection chances.

Morrissey and Lewis were brought on later to replace her.

You people are quick! I was riding home from the dentist when I heard the news on local radio. By the time I got home you were already on top of it!

Fewer movies will be shot in New Mexico now, all because of these inept prosecutors. Anyone responsible for this should be fired.

We saw Morrissey in action in the Gutierrez trial. She's a force to be reckoned with and she never lets up. I think we are going to see some exciting lawyering from both sides in the AB trial. moo
She's horrible and hopefully is never allowed to practice law or try a case ever again. Bit my keyboard tongue when I first read this but I have to say hopefully every case she's worked on is reexamined. I know if I were prosecuted by her I would be demanding it. Our justice system deserves better than the actions and inactions of not just Morrissey but the le on this case too. They are liars and very inept at their jobs.

I’m here to eat crow! I was touting Morrissey and she has shown herself today to be a complete donkey’s behind!

When I heard Johnson walked out after she heard what happened I knew it was over and Morrissey was outta line.

JMO

You people are quick! I was riding home from the dentist when I heard the news on local radio. By the time I got home you were already on top of it!

Fewer movies will be shot in New Mexico now, all because of these inept prosecutors. Anyone responsible for this should be fired.
Not sure how many millions the taxpayers of New Mexico are on the hook for this $hitshow, but the taxpayers must demand better not just form the prosecutors but LE as well.

She's horrible and hopefully is never allowed to practice law or try a case ever again. Bit my keyboard tongue when I first read this but I have to say hopefully every case she's worked on is reexamined. I know if I were prosecuted by her I would be demanding it. Our justice system deserves better than the actions and inactions of not just Morrissey but the le on this case too. They are liars and very inept at their jobs.
She's not a career prosecutor. She's a defense lawyer who was hired as a special prosecutor just to litigate the cases against Reed and Baldwin.

I think her mentality as a defense lawyer got in the way of her ethical obligations as an attorney for the state.

I dunno, if they handed it over before the end of her trial? Maybe? Would it depend on who and when witness testimony was given in her trial regarding the bullet evidence? JMO, she was guilty of the charges against her.

I suppose we'll find out.

In fairness that was the first prosecutor, Andrea Reeb. She had to resign because she was also a legislator who wanted to prosecute AB to help her reelection chances.

Morrissey and Lewis were brought on later to replace her.

Thanks, I just thought of that after I posted. Both prosecutors were similar. Maybe that's the way they're accustomed to doing things in that jurisdiction and no one questioned it. They're probably not the only ones, though its not as common these days.

I dunno, if they handed it over before the end of her trial? Maybe? Would it depend on who and when witness testimony was given in her trial regarding the bullet evidence? JMO, she was guilty of the charges against her.

I suppose we'll find out.
My understanding is that HGR's lawyer knew all about the ammo that Troy Teske was holding. He was originally going to call Teske as a witness, but changed his mind for some reason. Teske didn't want to take the evidence back to Arizona with him, so during HGR's closing arguments he handed the ammo over to the Sheriff's office.

At that point is when the whole cluster-funk occurred. The police and prosecutors decided to not tag it as part of the Rust evidence so the Baldwin legal team didn't have access to it.

I'm not sure how that would be a Brady violation for HGR. However, there may be other evidence, like the 3rd Haag report which was mentioned during today's hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back