TX - Eleticia Rios Cano Martinez, 52, grandmother, murdered in home driveway, Houston, 27 Feb 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I almost never think "serial killer" but...is this some weird serial killer? I agree that the two women have physical similarities (and I believe the perp in Elizabeth's case is a man dressed as a woman).

I think the article was edited to remove "drive by" regarding Eleticia and now says that two other shootings nearby were drive-by.

The facts of this case seem to be that the car was parked and waiting (just like in Elizabeth's case, if the one set of images is to be believed).

There's so little on each case, it's frustrating. I'm sure LE needs to work them separately for now, but they are both really really strange.

I am hoping for an update on this case. Why would someone be waiting for this woman, and was there any connection to the Elizabeth Barraza case? They did happen close together time-wise, but nowhere near close to each other distance-wise. Also the cases are being handled by different police departments.

I am hoping for an update on this case. Why would someone be waiting for this woman, and was there any connection to the Elizabeth Barraza case?
Sadly, I would consider some close to home motives first. These possible motives could have been directed at the victim as an individual, or say, as a symbol of the larger family.

- Was there an inheritance dispute?
- A divorce and subsequent division of property?
- As other members have mentioned, a child custody dispute?
- A financial dispute of any kind? Perhaps stemming from a successful or unsuccessful business?
- A dispute centered on say, refusal to affirm or facilitate a romantic relationship between a family member and another party?

I am now interested in this case after hearing about it in the Liz Barraza thread.

I made a list of victims who had been gunned down in their driveways and compared them to Liz's.

I can repost that if anyone is interested.

I do have some questions on this case.

Any mention of the murder weapon? I have a very strong suspicion it was a revolver?

Any information on the type of car?

I am now interested in this case after hearing about it in the Liz Barraza thread.

I made a list of victims who had been gunned down in their driveways and compared them to Liz's.

I can repost that if anyone is interested.

I do have some questions on this case.

Any mention of the murder weapon? I have a very strong suspicion it was a revolver?

Any information on the type of car?
i would be very interested in the list you are talking about. Also ended up on this thread on my continual reading on Liz's case. I also just discovered that Eleticia's husband Felipe took his life on March 13th, 2019. Two weeks after his wife was murdered. So incredibly devastating and so wild that no more has come out about either of these women who seemed to be so caring and sweet.

So, I got really curious about some cases of other people who had been gunned down in their driveways.

John Harden, Florida. March 22nd 1975. Shot after being lured out to his burning car in the middle of the night. Motive: unknown Status: Unsolved. Lots of speculation about labor unions he was involved with, and some sideyes at his wife at the time as well as ex-wife. Murder weapon: Antique style shotgun. John Harden

Dan Markel, July 19th 2014. Shot in his driveway by unknown assailants later to be uncovered as paid hitmen. Motive: Custody dispute. Perpetrators: The victims ex-wife and former brother-in-law. Murder weapon: Revolver. *Interesting note: The ex-wife booked a ticket to Vietnam in order to escape prosecution. A Florida dentist was convicted of having his brother-in-law killed. His mother was charged in the plot days later.

Robert and Robbie Ford, Conway South Carolina. August 17th 2018. Gunned down in their driveway before their car was set on fire. Motive: Both to be killed so the Robert's daughter would inherit his money and not have to share it with Robbie. Murder weapon: Unspecified handgun (looking for a source but possibly also a revolver, no shell casings at the scene. Used footprints and cigarrete butts as evidence) Interesting note: The weapon was provided by the daughter, stolen from her father about a year earlier. Perp: The daughters on again off again boyfriend. Aynor woman found guilty in murder-for-hire killings of father, half-brother

Micheal Doerr, February 26th 2019. 51 year old fighfighter gunned down in his driveway after a shift at work. Motive: Life insurance money and pension. Perpetrator: Wife's lover. Murder weapon: "The Judge" revolver. *Interesting note: It was stolen from a pawn shop by the wife's lover's son working their at the time.
I believe the Mo Wilson murder is A LOT more like Liz's case, and it was hard not to mention the similarities. I am trying to stick to the point of examining people who were murdered in their driveways.

Comparing the cases:

A revolver was used in each case, minus the shotgun case. I did not choose these cases specifically looking for revolvers, either.

In nearly every case, the murder weapon was provided to the perp. My mind has always jogged about how the shooter in Liz's case obtained the revolver. I go back and forth on it being all they had available to them, it being provided to them, or them choosing it strategically in order to not leave casings and avoid jams. *Side note - I believe Liz's shooter is female and I think there is a strong case they stole or "borrowed" the weapon.

In nearly each case, the murder was schemed by a woman and the perps were men acting on their behalf. Once again, I did not choose these cases to cherry pick. They are cases that I remember listening to on true crime episodes and noted the victims were all shot in their driveways.

What does this mean for Liz?

Possibly nothing. One could easily argue Liz was a female victim likely shot by a female perpetrator. One could also argue Mo Wilson's murder is a better example for comparison than any of the cases I mentioned.

Either ways, this is just some food for thought comparisons about victims who were gunned down in their driveways.

i would be very interested in the list you are talking about. Also ended up on this thread on my continual reading on Liz's case. I also just discovered that Eleticia's husband Felipe took his life on March 13th, 2019. Two weeks after his wife was murdered. So incredibly devastating and so wild that no more has come out about either of these women who seemed to be so caring and sweet.

The list is quoted above to your quote!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak