Found Deceased CA - Ellie Lorenzo, 3, Fremont, 11 Jul 2024 *wasn't returned per custody agreement, father found dead in nearby city*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 18, 2024
[...]

We dug into the court documents accessible online and found that since 2021, Ellie's mom has been requesting court action to protect Ellie.

In October of 2021, the mother filed for the father to have supervised visits, and to go through drug and mental health testing.

In January of 2022, an emergency hair follicle drug test was requested

In June of 2023, the court presented a private child custody evaluator.

[...]

"The problem is that the paradigm in everybody's heads about what a custody battle is - is that it's petty and it's vindictive and nobody seems to understand that some of these custody battles are actually about protective a child from danger. They just don't accept that and particularly when it's a mother seeking protection," said Meier.

JUL 19, 2024
[...]

On October 21, 2021, Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge James Towery granted the father weekly two-hour visits with his baby while her grandmother and nanny supervised.

The court’s visitation order states that visits with the father were in “the best interest of the child.”

[...]

... Obi said Lorenzo used Adderall. “I believe (Lorenzo) may be using illicit substances or abusing his prescription amphetamines. If he is using the Adderall combined with any narcotic, this could be the reason for his behavior,” the mother wrote in her custody petition.

[...]

Lorenzo’s niece also warned family court judges about her uncle’s increasingly disturbing behavior. ... "His erratic behavior worries me greatly and I believe he needs help for his paranoia and delusions.”

[...]

Ellie’s mother and father went to Santa Clara County family court dozens of times between 2021-2024 for their bitter custody battle, court records show. In December of 2022, a judge granted Lorenzo unsupervised visits with his daughter twice a week. “He shall have custody of Ellie from Thursday at 10 a.m. to Friday at 6 p.m.,” the court’s order states.

[...]

JUL 19, 2024
[...]

On October 21, 2021, Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge James Towery granted the father weekly two-hour visits with his baby while her grandmother and nanny supervised.

The court’s visitation order states that visits with the father were in “the best interest of the child.”

[...]

... Obi said Lorenzo used Adderall. “I believe (Lorenzo) may be using illicit substances or abusing his prescription amphetamines. If he is using the Adderall combined with any narcotic, this could be the reason for his behavior,” the mother wrote in her custody petition.

[...]

Lorenzo’s niece also warned family court judges about her uncle’s increasingly disturbing behavior. ... "His erratic behavior worries me greatly and I believe he needs help for his paranoia and delusions.”

[...]

Ellie’s mother and father went to Santa Clara County family court dozens of times between 2021-2024 for their bitter custody battle, court records show. In December of 2022, a judge granted Lorenzo unsupervised visits with his daughter twice a week. “He shall have custody of Ellie from Thursday at 10 a.m. to Friday at 6 p.m.,” the court’s order states.

[...]
I wish there was a way to hold these judges accountable. He needs to know what happened to Ellie. Although we don't have all the information, one thing I noticed was the niece's statements. It focused a lot on her uncle's dangerous behavior (IMO). This was the right thing to do. I wonder if her statements addressed her concerns for Ellie directly, such as..."with his erratic behavior, quick to violence, suspected drug use, I fear that Ellie is in physical and emotional danger" would it have made a difference. I'm thinking focusing or giving statements directly addressing Ellie's safety. I am in no way bashing or blaming her.

I just looked up appealing and requesting to modify custody cases, and of course you can't introduce new evidence. I wonder if statements such as these and proof of mental and drug evaluations/testing could have helped with an appeal. I also wonder if the drug testing was ever done and if so, were they actually entered as part of the record.

I'm just really curious and wonder how I could help someone if they found themselves in a situation like this. Ellie should be here this weekend with her family, smiling, laughing, playing, and being loved on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back