POI: Michael Pak #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think we should keep in mind that without access to ALL of the 911 calls that night, we can’t take as fact any person’s accounting of the night Shannon Gilbert went missing.

Colletti, Hackett, and others changed their initial stories from that night. Pak, with his questionable character and criminal history, is someone whose story should automatically be scrutinized.

It’s been suggested by a few sources that MP may have been paid to deliver Shannon into the hands of people who intended to do her harm, or otherwise subject her to things she did not consent to.

Do we have proof of that? No. Would I rule it out? Definitely not.

Some things that may propel that theory: Pak and Brewer both report interacting with each other in a very casual manner. Friendly, rather than business-like. According to them, Brewer calmly asked Pak to come in and get Shannon. After arranging for her to come all the way out there, getting in the car and going somewhere with her, and agreeing to pay her extra for more time, at the point wouldn’t Brewer be annoyed that he wasn’t getting “the services” he planned for?

And Pak is supposed to be Shannon’s security. Shouldn’t Pak be extremely concerned when he finds out Shannon is not okay? Or annoyed that she is not doing what she needs to do to get paid, which means he won’t get paid?

In theory, if Pak is being paid by Shannon and no one else, then wouldn’t he be angry that he drove all the way out to one of the most desolate places on Long Island, sat in his car for a long time, chased and searched for her after dealing with the initial drama and stress, then made the long drive back home, and didn’t seem to sweat it that he went through all that and left without his “business partner” and without his payment? Does he seem to you like the kind of guy who would be okay with not being paid? (Unless he was paid. By someone other than Shannon.)

Plus, after all that, he had so little concern for Shannon (or his money) that he didn’t even bother to call Alex Diaz to let him know what happened?

MP’s account has never sat right with me. Neither has JB’s. There’s so much that simply defies common sense.

Personally, I’m not willing to rule either out as a POI in Shannon Gilbert’s death. I would love to know how thoroughly (or not thoroughly) he was interrogated by SCPD at the time.

I totally agree with these great points you make. Wouldn't Pak be protective of Shannan? I don't believe he worked for Shannan at all. I believe he has been paid off to keep quiet as well as thinking he basically sold her to these men. If JB was upsetting SG, wouldn't JB be scared of MP? MP will clearly do anything for money and the dollar amts that are mentioned in his EBT seem way too low. Who is going to drive out that far, at that hour, for that long, and not make at least a few hundred dollars? I would have to reread to see the amt he claims, but I remember thinking that the small amt would cover the gas money and only a few bucks more. And I would think that MP would be armed, just an assumption given the nature of the job.

And JB just stayed in his house after SG ran away screaming, calling 911 and banging on neighbors doors at that hour? I would think he was in the truck with MP. I believe SG ran from GC's house because when they pulled up and saw her, GC probably tried to get her to go with them (JB and MP) and she probably realized GC was friendly with JB. If only we could hear Coletti's 911 call or hear what his wife has to say.

We can't believe anything JB or MP say. I don't even believe GC. What I can recall reading but have no proof: she said "they" are trying to kill me on her 911 call and at the end of the call her phone went dead when she was pulled into a truck. If we could only hear her call.

I don't believe there is any actual proof that JB and SG left the house. I think it was a cover to act like they went to cvs so if and when drugs were found in her system later, they could use that as the reason. Why would JB just let MP sit in his driveway, while they went elsewhere, and why would MP not follow or just do the driving? I believe they went to pick up some drugs, probably coke, from TC and/or CPH. I think after that, they went back to JB's, she saw something terrifying and got away from them. I am even going so far as to guess that they already had another girl or girls there being held captive, or perhaps she was shown a snuff film or some bdsm gear/dungeon set up. Clearly something to scare the life out of her. I am thinking SG had a second phone and was calling 911 from the bathroom or something, they heard her, and she freaked and ran. I read that she may have been naked or partially undressed and that could explain why all her belongings were in a different location than her body. I don't believe she made it far before they caught up with her. TC is definitely lying. His story is totally different than BBs. They definitely caught up to her by BBs and at that point, I believe it was at least the 3 or 4 men chasing her down. So many mysteries here, and so many liars.

Yes, a lot of inconsistencies in Oak Beach residents’ recounting of events, as well as lying. Agree that you can’t believe much of anything that MP and JB say/have said…

What did SG say on her 911 call? And the related 911 calls from Oak Beach residents?

LE knows, and they don’t want that information disclosed. Why not?

I’d love to believe that it’s because it IS an open and ongoing investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back