PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it incredible that KC has not visited the site of an assassination attempt on a former president, where he was shot along with others including one death. Who can fire her?? Seriously.
Replying to myself this is from Wikipedia -
"The director is appointed by, and serves at the pleasure of the president of the United States, and is not subject to Senate confirmation.[5] The director reports to the secretary of homeland security, and operates with the general directions thereof."

Cheatle responded to reports that the suspect was seen and identified as potentially suspicious before he opened fire, saying that "a very short period of time" passed between then and the shooting.

I’m not watching but am getting my info here.

I’m aghast…what may happen in “a very short period of time” is the ENTIRE REASON the Secret Service exists now, as opposed to when they were part of the Treasury Department and went solely after counterfeiters.

Whether an assassination attempt is successful or not, whether the assassin has planned for months or was hasty or spontaneous, it is in that “very short period of time” that death or injury may occur. Therefore the SS should have no moment when that “short time” is THE time for an assassin.

IMO

Everyone moves through the same process of being hired and trained as a SS agent. No one gets special favors.
Would have to respectfully question the last sentence -- although it's ( my questioning) aimed at the secret service more than other security agencies at this time.
Not sure about that anymore , in light of what's being revealed ?
Omo.

The $64,000 question is will Biden fire Cheatle?

KC is very close to Jill Biden and she was on Jill's detail and well liked by her and recommend for
the position by Jill's close aide, Anthony Bernal.

"Cheatle served on Dr. Biden’s second lady detail and Anthony pushed for her,” a Democratic insider told The Post. “Anthony has no national security or law enforcement experience. He should have no influence over the selection of the USSS director.”

“I heard at the time she was being considered for director that Anthony had pushed her forward as an option,” another well-placed source told The Post.'

Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle landed job after push ...
View attachment 519763
New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2024/07/15 › us-news › secret-ser...

7 days ago — Embattled Secret Service director Kimberly Cheatle, who is facing congressional outcry and calls to resign over security lapses leading to ...
Red bolding mine.

It almost sounds like a special favor was granted ?
For the position of the director and head of the secret service, no less !
If there's any truth to this question -- it's mind-boggling.
Omo.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the Secret Service reports to the Secretary of Homeland Security. So I would think that Mayorkas can fire her -- if he wanted to. I doubt that will happen.
KC's arrogance and sense of entitlement appears to be from her much too used to only having to report to only Mayorkas then Biden.
She reeks of "how dare they question me."

Embattled Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle, who is facing congressional outcry and calls to resign over security lapses leading to former President Donald Trump’s near-assassination Saturday, landed her role thanks largely to a close relationship with first lady Jill Biden, The Post has learned.

Cheatle, 53, is the second woman to lead the presidential protection agency and secured the non-Senate-confirmed role in August 2022 after a three-year stint as senior director of global security at PepsiCo.

Before that, she had served 27 years in the Secret Service, beginning in the Clinton administration.
Red emph. mine.

My goodness.
This makes it all the more significant, imo -- as she 'knew the drill' , so to speak.

Ms. Cheatle had enough prior experience to understand the importance of making sure the Butler PA location was safe for the former president, the two injured men, and the murdered Mr. Comperatore.

This was absolutely first and foremost on the gunman TC, but KC is not without blame.
Omo.

Last edited:
I admit I don't usually follow congressional hearings, etc so I'm curious . . . knowing they have to take time to do a thorough investigation, why was this hearing scheduled before that time? I guess on the flip side if we waited for that, it would be easier to forget since they have a tendency to drag things out.
Everyone wants and deserves answers so I can see both sides. It seems like a huge waste of time and money for a very non productive day. If the objective was to point out the glaringly obvious fact that the SS failed, we already knew that :)

At the end of the hearing, the chairman pointed out that in addition to providing presidential security, they also investigate currency counterfeiting and other financial crimes.

To me it brings the question that if the SS are under staffed, should their duties be narrowed to presidential and dignitaries security only? Or should a new agency be created for presidential and dignitaries security?

At the end of the hearing, the chairman pointed out that in addition to providing presidential security, they also investigate currency counterfeiting and other financial crimes.

To me it brings the question that if the SS are under staffed, should their duties be narrowed to presidential and dignitaries security only? Or should a new agency be created for presidential and dignitaries security?

That is what ss was created for, counterfeiting.

Last edited:
The director lost a lot of credibility today and, I think, for good reason.

1) According to the congressmen and women some of the questions asked by the committee she had already answered when asked by news folks. She would not answer them.
2) It is not believable that she knows this little about any of it nine days later. Unfathomable she has not visited the site. What in the world has she been doing that would be more important than this?
4) The questions being ask had nothing to do with the inner working of the SS. They were straight up questions specific to that incident. “What time was the SS made aware of a threatening person?” is not harming any investigation. It is embarrassing however.
5) She knew the answers to these specific questions as indicated by the congresswoman from NM who learned the timeline directly from the FBI in a conference call that Cheatle attended herself.
6) This is not a two month investigation as far as the basics here. There is for certain a lot of different kinds of data to look at etc but the basics are known. I feel sure Cheatle knows who led the pre-event security review, she knows the timeline, she knows why someone decided not to fully secure that rooftop and she knows who OK’d it. Whether it was an administrative decision involving manpower or one person’s personal judgement about what to cover, she knows the answer.

In a particularly damning moment, Cheatle acknowledged that Secret Service agents were informed of a suspicious individual at the Trump rally “somewhere between two and five times” before the gunman opened fire.

still_20808310_26063.182_still.jpg

'You are full of *: GOP lawmaker rips into Secret Service director

The director lost a lot of credibility today and, I think, for good reason.

1) According to the congressmen and women some of the questions asked by the committee she had already answered when asked by news folks. She would not answer them.
2) It is not believable that she knows this little about any of it nine days later. Unfathomable she has not visited the site. What in the world has she been doing that would be more important than this?
4) The questions being ask had nothing to do with the inner working of the SS. They were straight up questions specific to that incident. “What time was the SS made aware of a threatening person?” is not harming any investigation. It is embarrassing however.
5) She knew the answers to these specific questions as indicated by the congresswoman from NM who learned the timeline directly from the FBI in a conference call that Cheatle attended herself.
6) This is not a two month investigation as far as the basics here. There is for certain a lot of different kinds of data to look at etc but the basics are known. I feel sure Cheatle knows who led the pre-event security review, she knows the timeline, she knows why someone decided not to fully secure that rooftop and she knows who OK’d it. Whether it was an administrative decision involving manpower or one person’s personal judgement about what to cover, she knows the answer.
Bbm
Some great points made.
Excellent post , @StarryStarryNight .

I really want to know the bolded bit !
Wonder if we'll ever find out ?
What a simple and yet crucial mistake to make.
A man paid with his life for that decision. :(
Omo.

In a particularly damning moment, Cheatle acknowledged that Secret Service agents were informed of a suspicious individual at the Trump rally “somewhere between two and five times” before the gunman opened fire.
Awful.
I have few words.
Well, I have some words..... :rolleyes:

I hope the injured men are healing swiftly.
The emotional scars will probably be there forever.
Omo.

I admit I don't usually follow congressional hearings, etc so I'm curious . . . knowing they have to take time to do a thorough investigation, why was this hearing scheduled before that time? I guess on the flip side if we waited for that, it would be easier to forget since they have a tendency to drag things out.
Everyone wants and deserves answers so I can see both sides. It seems like a huge waste of time and money for a very non productive day. If the objective was to point out the glaringly obvious fact that the SS failed, we already knew that :)

I don't believe that the Congressional Committee was a waste of time, they wanted answers, it is imperative that we get answers due to national threat that this kind of security failure engenders. It is Cheatle who wasted time in not giving them some answers and clarifying how these failures will be addressed. The Congressional leaders represent their constituents and we, the people, want answers. It is the job of our representatives in Congress to get us those answers.

They began as a division of the Treasury Department.
Homeland Security which was created after 9/11 is the “new” agency that oversees the SS.

In 1864, a year before Lincoln was assassinated, there was a small group of four alternating guards who were supposed to protect a very reluctant Lincoln.

I think most everyone is familiar with the details…one Washington cop who was in the vestibule behind the Lincoln’s presidential box at Ford’s theater, but who left to drink at the tavern next door.

That was all the opportunity Booth needed.

We would think that in 2024, such egregious negligence would not happen.

I blame the SS brass but not the SS on the ground. And although I am a woman and believe in equal opportunity, I do agree that the SS who were guarding Trump should have ALL been physically capable of covering him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper