FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
and her mother and daughter outside in the protest line. NOT a good look IMO.
Having that little girl stand there with a sign is so awful, I cannot imagine who thought that would be a good idea. If it was Ashley, she is a terrible mother. If it was Ashley's mother, then we can glean some understanding into why Ashley turned out the way she did. What a disgrace!

The American Gothic look isn't a good one for the defendant. I really hope it is FINALLY time for some justice for Doug and his oldest daughter. AB and her lies are poison!
Hoping for justice for Doug-- I hope the prosecution introduces a photo of her fairly quickly into the trial so the jury can see the real "her' and how she is attempting to trick them by so drastically changing her appearance.

Hoping for justice for Doug-- I hope the prosecution introduces a photo of her fairly quickly into the trial so the jury can see the real "her' and how she is attempting to trick them by so drastically changing her appearance.
If I was the prosecutor I would show a photo of the real "her" in my opening statement and I would say don't be fooled by her totally changed appearance. She wants you to think this woman sitting here, sweet looking ---and plain-- is who she is- but this is who she really is- and was--- this is the woman that murdered Doug (or words to that effect).

Doug and Ashley married THIRTEEN days after they met. Doug's first wife and mother of his daughter, Eva, had died 9 months prior from heart problems.

1721744078761.png

Ashley became pregnant within the first year. She was very sick during the pregnancy and moved to Florida so her mother could take care of her. Doug and Ashley never lived together again after that. During that time Ashley accused Doug of poisoning her with "heavy metals". Doug was never told that his daughter was born. Ashley filed for an injunction in court to keep Doug away from her and their newborn. In that case the judge found no evidence that Ashley or their baby had been poisoned.

@cathyrusson

Doug and Ashley married THIRTEEN days after they met. Doug's first wife and mother of his daughter, Eva, had died 9 months prior from heart problems.

View attachment 519948

Ashley became pregnant within the first year. She was very sick during the pregnancy and moved to Florida so her mother could take care of her. Doug and Ashley never lived together again after that. During that time Ashley accused Doug of poisoning her with "heavy metals". Doug was never told that his daughter was born. Ashley filed for an injunction in court to keep Doug away from her and their newborn. In that case the judge found no evidence that Ashley or their baby had been poisoned.

@cathyrusson
That is an interesting and unflattering portrait of this defendant. Sure appears IMO that the now slain husband was the accused’s ’meal ticket’. SMH

As others suggest, the prosecution needs to get some other earlier images of AB the ballerina before the jury and soon. And show them often. MOO

Right? Feels like I'm in Lancaster, PA.
Yeah, the Amish look!!! I strongly believe it is important that the jury see what she really looks like-- female defendants often walk into court looking mousy - like Marian the Librarian- when in real life they are very pretty, made up and well dressed. I believe that often the appearance of the female defendant can make a big impression on the jury. Think about Casey Anthony- she sat in a chair to make her look smaller----these tricks don't work all the time, but they do work. The jury looks at her and thinks, oh, she looks so sweet and innocent, she couldn't have done that----

Yeah, the Amish look!!! I strongly believe it is important that the jury see what she really looks like-- female defendants often walk into court looking mousy - like Marian the Librarian- when in real life they are very pretty, made up and well dressed. I believe that often the appearance of the female defendant can make a big impression on the jury. Think about Casey Anthony- she sat in a chair to make her look smaller----these tricks don't work all the time, but they do work. The jury looks at her and thinks, oh, she looks so sweet and innocent, she couldn't have done that----

Unsure if you ever watched the American version of the show Shameless but there's this character Ethel from a cult who dresses like that and that's all I see when I look at that picture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back