CO CO - LaShaya Stine, 16, Aurora, 15 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing Teen: Police Release Age Progression Photo Of Lashaya Stine
August 13, 2019

Lashaya-Stine-age-progression-photo-via-APD.jpg

AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) — Lashaya Stine was 16 years old when she disappeared from Aurora in 2016. Now police are hoping an age progression photo that shows what she might look like now could help bring her home. There is a reward of up to $15,000 in the case.

Missing Teen: Police Release Age Progression Photo Of Lashaya Stine

Remarks:
On the day of her disappearance, Lashaya was last seen wearing a black V-neck t-shirt, black stonewash jeans, silver hoop earrings, and a silver watch on her left arm.

Details:
On July 15, 2016, Lashaya Stine left her residence in Aurora, Colorado, around 2:00 a.m. Lashaya was last seen in the area of E. Montview Boulevard and N. Peoria Street in the early morning hours. Lashaya was scheduled for a job interview on July 16th, but never arrived. Lashaya has not made any attempts to contact family members or friends since she has been gone.

This case is being investigated by the Denver Office of the FBI and the Aurora Police Department.

LASHAYA STINE | Federal Bureau of Investigation

@@screenshot.gif

Reno Woman Sentenced for Extortion Scheme Targeting Parents of Missing Persons

I’m unfamiliar with this case, however I thought those following may find interest in the link above.

A woman was sentenced today to five years and 10 months in prison for schemes to extort money from parents of two missing persons, U.S. Attorney McGregor W. Scott announced.
Rozarri Verion Young, 24, pleaded guilty in August 2018 to two counts of interstate transmission of a threat to injure with intent to extort related to text messages she sent to the mother of a missing Gridley woman and the mother of a missing 16-year-old girl from Aurora, Colorado.

The threats were traced to Young’s phone and the investigation later linked Young to a similar scheme aimed at the mother of a missing 16‑year-old girl from Aurora, Colorado. According to court documents, on April 3, 2017, Young called and sent texts to the girl’s mother offering to give back her daughter if she would send $2,000. The girl has been missing since July 15, 2016.

Bumping..
7 missing person cases in Colorado that continue to haunt investigators and family

''Grainy surveillance video showing an Aurora teen walking alone down a dark, empty road is the last known image of Lashaya Stine. On July 15, 2016, the then 16-year-old girl left her Aurora home around 2 a.m. and disappeared without a trace.
In the video, Stine is seen near East Montview Boulevard and Peoria Street walking by herself soon after leaving her home. She was wearing a black tank top and blue shorts.

Sabrina Jones, the missing teen’s mother, told Denver7 two weeks after her disappearance that Stine left her phone charger, wallet, and she didn't pack any clothes.

“Even though she did leave at two o'clock in the morning, I don't think she meant to stay gone,” said Jones.

Jones said her daughter was an honor student and was supposed to start an internship just weeks after her disappearance.
"She had an internship at university hospital for the next five days,” said Jones. “She wouldn't have missed it for the world. She was so excited.”

''Stine is 5-foot-7-inches tall and weighs about 150 pounds. She has long black hair, brown eyes and a quarter-sized, round scar on her chest. Police said she typically wears a silver watch on her left wrist.

Authorities are offering a reward of up to $15,000 for tips that could help reunite Stine with her family.

If you have any information about Stine, you are asked to call the Aurora Police Department at (303) 739-6130 or (303) 739-6109. If you wish to submit an anonymous tip, you can do so by calling Crime Stoppers at (720) 913-7867.''

NOV 13, 2020
Jackhammers, Concrete Saws Used In Search, Investigation Into Missing Aurora Teen Lashaya Stine
For a third day, investigators with the Aurora Police Department and the FBI searched for evidence in the 2016 disappearance of Lashaya Stine. Their focus continues to be on a home on Lansing Street in Aurora.

AURORA-TEEN-FBI-SEARCH-10-PKG.transfer_frame_475.jpeg

“Throughout the week we have kind of followed up on evidence inside the house that led us to a specific area,” police spokesperson Matthew Longshore said.

[...]

She knew the family that lived in the home in 2016 and surveillance video from the night she disappeared shows her walking along Peoria near Montview, just a few blocks from where the search is now focused.

[...]

5 years later, search for missing Aurora teen continues - Sentinel Colorado

July 15
Thursday marks five years since 16-year-old Lashaya Stine was last seen walking down an Aurora street, and officials are still imploring residents to provide any information that could lead them to her whereabouts.

Before he retired in late 2020, former Police Chief Nick Metz lamented the lack of resolution in Stine’s case.

“That’s one that I had hoped and prayed that I would be able to give her family an answer of where she is,” Metz said in October 2019 shortly after he announced his plans to leave the department. “…I can’t imagine waking up every day not knowing where my daughter is and how she’s doing. That for me, right now, is my biggest regret, and I take that personally. And I take responsibility for that.”

Anyone with potential information related to Stine’s whereabouts is encouraged to call the Denver Metro Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867. Tipsters who call the Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and be eligible for rewards up to $15,000.

Thank you for bumping the thread, @StrawberryFields. I went looking for any new information and this was all I could find.

SEP 24, 2021
FBI missing persons cases: 43 unsolved cases that need leads (usatoday.com)
c820bbdc-c83f-4f83-ae65-07d99e3ba727-large.jpg

Lashaya Stine was 16 when she went missing from Aurora, Colorado, on July 15, 2016. More information and age-progressed photos here.
PROVIDED BY THE FBI

From that link ^^^ LASHAYA STINE — FBI

FEB 8, 2022
Aurora mom still waiting for her daughter's return 5 years after her disappearance (thedenverchannel.com)
SJ says she has cried enough tears to fill the entire state of Colorado. She's a mom of six children — five of them boys and her only daughter whose 22nd birthday is Feb. 8. There is still cake and a celebration, but no Lashaya.

Lashaya Stine hasn’t been home in five and half years.

[...]

“It used to be I'd be so afraid for somebody to tell me that she was deceased," said Lashaya's mother. "But now it's... I'm at this point now where whatever it is, please somebody. Just help me find out what happened to her. More than anything in this world, even if it means the worst, I just want to know what happened to her… good or bad. If she's out there living her best life, I want to know about that. If she's under another identity, I just want to know that. If my baby is not alive, I want to know that.”

[...]

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867. Tipsters can remain anonymous. There is a reward of up to $15,000 for information leading to Lashaya.

FEB 5, 2023
In 2016, Lashaya Stine was a 16-year-old honors student at George Washington High School in Aurora, Colorado.

With dreams of becoming a nurse, the teen worked hard and earned a coveted internship at the University of Colorado Hospital. She was learning to drive, and she and her mom had been spending time together shopping for prom dresses — momentous milestones of that age.

Stine also had reason to believe more promise was ahead: She was scheduled to interview for a job on July 16. But one day before, in the dark middle of the night, Stine vanished and has not been heard from again.

[...]

Investigators have pieced together a brief timeline of that morning. Around 2 a.m., Stine left her family’s home in the Denver suburb to meet an unknown person. The teen had chided her younger brothers for staying up so late before she quietly slipped out of the house. At 2:23 a.m., a security camera recorded Stine near a bus stop on north Peoria Street in Aurora.

[...]

Stine did not take anything with her: no clothes or money, no phone charger, or other personal possessions.

If she had been planning to run away, Jones said her daughter would likely have packed a bag because she tended to be a “diva,” the mother told the Denver Post.

But Stine had no history of running away or getting into any trouble.

[...]

July 15, 2024 article

[…]

On July 15, 2016, Stine left her home in Aurora around 2 a.m. She was seen near E. Montview Blvd. and N Peoria St. in the early morning hours. She was scheduled for a job interview the next day but never arrived.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back