PA- Pauly Likens Jr., 14, trans, stabbed & dismembered, LE still recovering body parts, Shenango River Lake, 22/6/24, *Arrest- DaShawn Watkins, 29*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wowwww, that article made me mad. Unfortunately it's not uncommon for the families of trans people to refuse to accept their identities (or are deeply in denial), and it sounds like Pauly's dad was no different. I've even heard of trans people being dressed as their assigned sex for their funeral and buried under their deadnames because of this. The truth of the matter is that Pauly openly identified as trans and presented as a girl. People aren't latching onto the idea that she was trans to push some sort of agenda- She WAS trans, period, and it could have been why she was killed. Violence against trans people gets overlooked so often so it's SO important these cases get the attention they deserve.

its insane to me that family can look at those same pictures we have...pauly with her painted nails, cute little bob, mascara, female clothing*, etc and then turn around and state that everyone else is wrong and their child was actually cis and died their perfect little son. ugh. obviously i sympathize with the family but it really does wear me down.
*i know clothing has no gender but imo clearly she was dressing consistent w the gender she identified with!

its insane to me that family can look at those same pictures we have...pauly with her painted nails, cute little bob, mascara, female clothing*, etc and then turn around and state that everyone else is wrong and their child was actually cis and died their perfect little son. ugh. obviously i sympathize with the family but it really does wear me down.
*i know clothing has no gender but imo clearly she was dressing consistent w the gender she identified with!

We really have no idea how "new" this information was to them. As a parent, I know it would be such a shock to the system, and no matter how "woke" you might be, it takes a lot to get used to. Maybe he's not there yet. Maybe he would never be, but we really have no idea. My compassion is with him because it's clear he hadn't come to terms with it (yet...maybe it was brand new info)....then having your child murdered on top of having to try to work through that huge mind shift.... it's almost too much to bear :(. Our human brains were not made for this trauma.

IMO MOO

In my ministry, I have met many transgender followers of Jesus whose witness to the Gospel is deepened by their journeys to live authentically and to be the people God is calling them to be. In our church, faithful transgender people lead in ministries of every description. As laypeople, priests and deacons, they make essential contributions to their congregations, communities and dioceses. Transgender people deserve not only the same civil rights and guarantees of legal protection as any other person, but also the dignity and respect we accord to every child of God. More than that, they deserve to live in safety.

I ask you to pray for the repose of the soul of Pauly Likens, for Pauly's family in their unimaginable grief, and for transgender people everywhere who are frightened by this savage killing. Pray too for the person who has been arrested for the crime, whose life has been destroyed by sin and fear. Most of all, I implore you to stand against hatred of transgender people in your community, your school, and wherever you encounter it, and be a source of God's love for the transgender people in your life.

Faithfully, Sean
Amen.

At the request of the Mercer County District Attorney, 29-year-old DaShawn Watkins has been charged with involuntary deviant sexual intercourse and criminal homicide, according to court records. Those are in addition to the original charges of murder, aggravated assault, evidence tampering, and abuse of a corpse
More charges filed against Sharon man going on trial for the murder, dismemberment of transgender teen

This man raped, murdered, and dismembered a child. (Allegedly) This is how this crime should be talked about regardless of Pauly's gender.

Sick! :(

We really have no idea how "new" this information was to them. As a parent, I know it would be such a shock to the system, and no matter how "woke" you might be, it takes a lot to get used to. Maybe he's not there yet. Maybe he would never be, but we really have no idea. My compassion is with him because it's clear he hadn't come to terms with it (yet...maybe it was brand new info)....then having your child murdered on top of having to try to work through that huge mind shift.... it's almost too much to bear :(. Our human brains were not made for this trauma.

IMO MOO
I absolutely have sympathy for Pauly's parents. She may not have been fully out to them, or she could have just recently come out and they were still processing things. Again, we really don't know. I'm mad at the people aside from her parents who are saying she wasn't actually trans but was being labeled as such in the media to "push an agenda".

At the request of the Mercer County District Attorney, 29-year-old DaShawn Watkins has been charged with involuntary deviant sexual intercourse and criminal homicide, according to court records. Those are in addition to the original charges of murder, aggravated assault, evidence tampering, and abuse of a corpse
More charges filed against Sharon man going on trial for the murder, dismemberment of transgender teen
If, like me, you had never heard the term "involuntary deviate sexual intercourse": it is, essentially, rape. Statutorily, PA has a more narrow definition of rape, and "involuntary deviate sexual intercourse" is inclusive of nonconsensual penetration of the mouth or anus and nonconsensual penetration with a foreign object.

Does anyone know if there is any evidence of if Pauly may have actually been on Grindr, or if it seems like just a story? In any case, there was no way to see Pauly and think she was anything but a child, even if she was on Grindr.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back