Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Below is a statement by Kaine from an early interview in which he steadfastly defended Terri. At the time of Kaine’s statement, Kaine and Desiree knew (because Terri had told them) about her problems with the three polygraphs. They knew she had gaps in her timeline and was having trouble remembering where she was when she last saw Kyron. Law enforcement’s first flyer had been released. Searches on Sauvie Island had begun so they knew her phone pings hadn’t matched where she said she was. Desiree and Tony knew about the witnesses who had seen Kyron leaving the school with Terri. It had not been confirmed but would be very soon.

Desiree was at that media interview with Kaine and didn’t contradict his statements defending Terri.

Snipped quote: [Jun. 25, 2010] Investigators are working through about 2,800 tips, and "throwing every resource" at finding their boy, the parents said.
The entire family is working with investigators, Kaine Horman said, including Terri Horman. "She's cooperating with investigators as passionately as are we," Horman said.
Neither stepparent attended the interviews. Kaine Horman said that he and Young wanted to go before the cameras together as Kyron's natural parents.
Missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman would never walk away from school, mom says

Below Kaine deflected from the importance of the first flier, not admitting Terri had become the focus of law enforcement. Desiree talks about a portal opening up causing Kyron to vanish. She knew her son had not vanished but she respectfully held her silence.

Snipped quote: [Jun. 26, 2010] That includes a flier the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office released last week that shows pictures of Terri Horman and a pickup similar to one she was driving June 4. A questionnaire with the flier asks people if they saw Terri Horman or the truck at Skyline School that day. Investigators have said she was the last person to report seeing Kyron at school.
Kaine Horman said he fully supported the release of the questions and flier, saying they were another way to gather information about Kyron -- not something aimed at his wife.
"Issuing that questionnaire is just another way to get another angle or perspective from people who were at the school that day -- and hopefully, more data points and leads that perhaps they didn't think of the first time through," he said. "I actually view it as a very positive step."
"It's like a portal opened up in the school and Kyron just vanished into it," said his mother, Desiree Young.
Kyron Horman's parents reveal new details in interviews; mystery of boy's whereabouts remains

the mere fact that she was punishing Kyron for made up offenses and requesting daily reports from school in order to punish him is enough for me...this says everything I need to know about her, she is guilty of abuse.. and she was the last person seen with Kyron. using made up offenses in order to make him stay in his room all night so she could ignore and neglect him for her own selfish reasons..sickening. mOO
just to elaborate ..what these punishments tell me about Terri..let's see...hmmm, a willingness to lie at the expense of the child...a willingness to gaslight the victim regarding why they are being punished, a willingness to bring an unknowing third party into these punishments ( his teacher) ... a willingness to make up stories about her stepson in order to influence the father and her friends...let's see all of this just to have her fun, drinking and carrying on on week nights without that kid around, cause he's in his room on punishment for the night...did she even feed him?

this poor baby. mOO

It was about June 27, 2010, that Kaine learned of the murder-for-hire plots. Finally, he stopped defending Terri to the media. He took his daughter and filed for divorce.

Chapter 24 “It’s Just a Rumor” 24 Days Missing, June 27
[Pg 197] They [Tony and Desiree] had just launched the boat and were pulling away from the dock when Desiree’s cell phone rang. It was Kaine. “there’s been a development”, he said. …"It’s not the big thing, but you need to come to Portland”.

[Pg 198] At 4:06 p.m. they had reached the Marriott and sat down with Kaine, chief deputy DA Norm Frink, chief deputy DA Rod Underhill, other members of the DA’s staff, and Kaine’s attorney for a briefing. For four and a half hours they listened. …[Pg 199] Detectives had been studying Terri’s emails and discovered that she had, unbeknownst to Kaine, hired a landscaper. That seemed suspicious to them. Why would she keep something so innocent a secret? They found the landscaper, [RS]; he told them that Terri had approached him before Kyron disappeared and offered him “a large sum of money” to kill Kaine. Terri had offered Sanchez something else, too—sex. Sanchez was allegedly one of several men Terri had talked to about getting rid of her husband.

And there was more. Terri had talked to an attorney about a divorce before Kyron went missing. And still more. Terri’s red Mustang had been spotted along the roads of northwest Portland in the days before Kyron disappeared. Was she scouting ravines and terrain?

The bombshell was that Kyron was seen leaving the school with Terri. The MCSO had said it a couple of weeks before, then retracted it. Now it was confirmed. Kyron’s regular bus driver, plus Kyron’s friend Carson and Carson’s sister and grandmother, had all seen Kyron leaving the school on June 4 with Terri. It was true. Kyron, baby [K] and Terri had walked through the parking lot at 8:50 a.m. on June 4. They were not holding hands, the bus driver said, but they were walking together. Terri had not parked in the school parking lot, where she said she had, but on a gravel road on the far west side of the school where the elevation of the school building and grounds partly concealed the white truck.

“Boy Missing—The Search For Kyron Horman” by Rebecca Morris

Below is Anna Canzano of KATU News [in 2011]. She is an extremely talented reporter who seemed to have a wonderful rapport with Kaine.

Below is Kaine with Anna Canzano discussing the “firsthand account” he had received from Terri regarding where she was when she last saw Kyron. In my opinion, he doesn’t appear confident in the accuracy of Terri’s story. I hope someday he accepts he is never going to get a firsthand confession.

Unofficial snipped transcript:
Anna Canzano:
[8:05] So her depiction of what happened is that the last time she saw him she was down by the main office and he was here, outside his classroom.
Kaine: I think he was coming this way down the hall and she was turning and going the other way. I don’t know if it was down the stairs and out or out the side door. I can’t remember which version of the story it was at the time, which changed a few times. So, ahh.
Anna Canzano: Oh, it did?
Kaine: But it was. Yeah, going somewhere that way.
Anna Canzano: But her story changed a few times?
Kaine: Yeah.
Kyron Horman Special Part 1

Kyle Iboshi from KGW News is a hard-working, experienced reporter who has worked tirelessly over the 14 years Kyron has been missing to keep attention drawn to his case.

Here’s Kyle Iboshi talking about his various sources of information, including court documents from the Horman divorce proceedings. He mentions Kyron’s family as one source but he has other sources.
Unofficial Snipped transcript:
Kyle Iboshi: [8:30] Most of the details that we have been aware of have come through confidential sources close to the investigation or the family. So Desiree Young—who filed a civil lawsuit against Terri. She has been very forth coming and shared what information she can over the years, and then Kaine has as well during the divorce proceedings which got very nasty. In a lot of those filings we have learned a lot about the investigation as well. So through the years, bits and pieces have trickled out but not through official law enforcement sources.
Kyle Iboshi talks about the Kyron Horman case now on SunriseExtra!

Kyle Iboshi certainly showed interest in interviewing Terri and her family. If Terri is uncomfortable with the media attention Kaine and Desiree receive, I wonder why she and/or her family don't put her side of the story out more often. I don’t recall hearing anything from her family in the media since 2010.
Unofficial Snipped transcript:
Kyle Iboshi: [5:42} She has gone on national television—the Dr. Phil show. She has given interviews to People Magazine saying she didn’t do it; she doesn’t know what happened to Kyron. I’ve reached out to her on multiple occasions: in person, by email, by US mail, by phone, through friends. I mean, I’ve gone to incredible lengths to try and reach Terri Horman; to interview her; sit down and get her side of the story and never heard back or she has declined along with members of her family.
Watch: Kyle Iboshi answers your questions about Kyron

Desiree has found her voice for Kyron now. Her promise is that she will never stop. She doesn’t care how ugly the story is and who looks bad and who doesn’t, she wants her son’s story told and she wants justice.

Justice for Kyron Richard Horman! He was 7 years old. Terri is not a victim.

Unofficial Transcript:
Desiree:
[23:35] Well, I’ll tell you that our law enforcement team was very good not to focus too early on her. It was because of Terri, alone, her actions, her lies, everything that we could prove, all the physical evidence, all the circumstantial evidence. It was because of all of that that they really started focusing on her. It wasn’t any other reason. [24:03] I will say that they have gone out of their way to exhaust every other angle and suspect out there. They ruled out every parent that was in the school that day, every registered sex offender in the area, every house that neighbors up to the school. [24:24] They have ruled out every single possible other person. Except one. I should say two. Terri’s friend, DeDe. You don’t get DeDe without Terri. In fact they have had a personal relationship, physically. As far as I’m aware DeDe was two miles from the school on Germantown Road working at a property where she was landscaping for them. She was also missing during the same period of time that Terri was. The people on the property always had lunch together in their central location and they were trying to locate her and she was missing.
Doug Bishop: Okay.
Desiree: And they tried calling her and she didn’t answer. Her phone was on the property. Her car was on the property. But DeDe was nowhere to be found and they looked everywhere. [25:29] It’s our understanding through information I’ve had turned over to me during searches, that she was picked up by Terri from her job on that property. And the DA’s office—they believed at the time that they could get her to flip on Terri. Several weeks later they made an agreement with DeDe for immunity. [25:59] Here's the problem with that—as you’re investigating you’re getting evidence, you’re obtaining new information, new interviews, all the things, right? [26:08] And now, today, what we can say is there is physical evidence that is involving her. From what I understand, DeDe said Terri was using throw away phones and had loaded it with minutes and was using that to communicate with people. They were able to acquire the phones. DeDe took them where they dumped them. I don’t know when the phones were dumped. They got access to them a couple of weeks after Kyron went missing. [26:37] There is communication connected to photos that were stored on the phone that is the physical evidence in the case. [26:47] It’s all things that, you know, imply guilt. It’s all things showing conceal and lie and deceit. All of it is circumstantial which is unfortunate. And then she proceeds to plead the fifth. She doesn’t want people to know what she is. And now that she has an immunity deal, we can never prosecute her. We can’t ever fix that.

Terri is not a victm. She is the perpetrator. Kyron, Desiree, Kaine, Kaine's daughter, Quinn, Tony......even James. They have all suffered immeasurably because of Terri's actions. Kaine can't bring himself to admit that the woman he brought into all their lives destroyed his son. He's defensve about his actions...or lack thereof. Desiree was justifably outraged when she discovered how toxic Kyron's home environment had become. Desiree has a certan amount of blame she lays at Kaine's feet and they are comng from different sides. Kaine wants to believe that Kyron is stll living and Desiree knows that's probably not the case.
It sometimes seems Kaine would hold up 10 fingers and say he has nine if he thought it would hurt Desiree. I know it's not uncommon for divorced couples who share the pain of a missing child to react this way, but it's sad and it hurts to watch. I didn’t think my heart could break anymore for them, but it has.

Indeed, they are all Terri's victims. Terri is not a victim.

Justice for Kyron!

just to elaborate ..what these punishments tell me about Terri..let's see...hmmm, a willingness to lie at the expense of the child...a willingness to gaslight the victim regarding why they are being punished, a willingness to bring an unknowing third party into these punishments ( his teacher) ... a willingness to make up stories about her stepson in order to influence the father and her friends...let's see all of this just to have her fun, drinking and carrying on on week nights without that kid around, cause he's in his room on punishment for the night...did she even feed him?

this poor baby. mOO
Great point about Terri managing to bring Kyron's 2nd-grade teacher into his disappearance.

I've always believed she had a desire "to get even" with his teacher (because she wanted the teacher's job and held her responsible for having the job she [Terri] wanted and felt she deserved). That desire factored into her decision to abduct Kyron from the school.

Just my opinion.

Great point about Terri managing to bring Kyron's 2nd-grade teacher into his disappearance.

I've always believed she had a desire "to get even" with his teacher (because she wanted the teacher's job and held her responsible for having the job she [Terri] wanted and felt she deserved). That desire factored into her decision to abduct Kyron from the school.

Just my opinion.
Terri demanded a daily report of every infraction and every detail of Kyron's school day..oh she had a real thing for this teacher...and everything that happened, ( you are right)! happened around this teacher. This teachers class, the missing child..the school..it's just plain psychotic. mOO

Just my opinion.
Was Terri a certified teacher? I forgot that part of her wanting the teacher’s job.

Was Terri a certified teacher? I forgot that part of her wanting the teacher’s job.
From an article dated 2010:
After graduating in 2000, Horman got a basic teaching license
She has a bachelor's and a master's degree in education but has never held a full-time teaching job.
The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission said she maintained her basic teaching license until March 2007, then took a break, renewing it in February this year. The state has no record of disciplinary action against her.
RBBM for focus

Cited MSM Source:

Terri really was licensed to teach in 2010 when Kyron went missing. I have bolded the linked quote below offering confirmation.

I have a copy of her 2010 resume. It’s from the “LinkedIn” site. I can’t get into the site to verify it now, and I doubt if it’s still the same. I’d be surprised if she can teach currently.

Since linking her actual 2010 resume is probably not a good idea, I have put together a series of short, linked quotes from a couple of mainstream media articles. Some of the links are duplicates, but I tried to keep the dates in order.

Teachers can do terrible things sometimes, just like anyone in any walk of life.

Justice for sweet Kyron! He was 7 years old.

Snipped: Between March 2001 and June 2002, she was a substitute teacher in the Hillsboro School District. According to spokesman Beth Graser, Terri held long-term jobs at Eastwood, Mooberry and Lenox elementaries.
Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group

Snipped: In the spring of 2002, Terri Horman hit the gym, working out at Bally Total Fitness in Aloha for hours at a stretch. In mid-June, a seven-month substitute teacher's job at Lenox Elementary School ended. That same month, she met Kaine Horman at a restaurant when he was out with friends and the two started dating.
Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions

Snipped: In 2003, Terri earned a Master of Art Education from Pacific University in Forest Grove and was an on-call teacher for the Hillsboro School District, remaining available as a sub until 2006.

Snipped: After moving in with Kaine, Terri went onto the on-call substitute teachers list between 2003 and 2006. Graser said Terri held no more long-term jobs with the district.

Snipped: On July 10, 2005, she was pulled over by police on Interstate 5 near Woodburn just after 6 p.m. Given a breath test, she registered 0.15. Under Oregon law, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or more.
Terri pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment for driving under the influence with James, then 11, in the car. She paid a nearly $600 fine and completed a diversion program.

Snipped: A source confirmed late Sunday afternoon that the Oregon Department of Human Services opened a case on Terri Horman following a 2005 arrest and charge of driving under the influence.
DHS opened a case on Kyron's stepmom years ago

Snipped: "She stopped teaching and subbing so she could be with Kyron during his preschool and toddler years," said [Redacted] Finster, a friend from junior high school who worked with Terri in the school district.

Snipped: Unable to land a teaching job, she returned to restaurant work, taking a job as assistant manager at Red Robin in Sherwood, where she worked between December 2005 and August 2006.

Snipped: The Teacher Standards and Practices Commission said she maintained her basic teaching license until March 2007, then took a break, renewing it in February this year [2010]. The state has no record of disciplinary action against her.

Snipped: The survey results were posted June 19, 2009, after Terri's daughter was born but nearly a year before her stepson Kyron disappeared. …
Another question asks: "Two things you want very badly at the moment." The answer: "Teaching job & to be in bikini shape.
Terri Horman reveals herself in profile surveys

Snipped: The couple frequently argued about disciplining Kyron, he [Kaine] said. …
At the same time, Terri fired off long e-mails to Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, peppered with complaints.
"She was venting about the teacher and why she should have her job," Desiree said, "and she was venting about Kaine — everything."

Snipped: Terri often volunteers at the school, working closely with Kyron's teacher, [Redacted] Porter. Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point.
Details emerge about the day Kyron Horman turned up missing

Last edited:
Was it a DUI?
There was also a "reckless endangerment of another" clause attached. She had her 11-year-old son in the vehicle with her.

Only speculation. See the timeline in my comment above. The dates fit well. But her teaching license was in good standing at the time Kyron went missing.

Snipped: On July 10, 2005, she was pulled over by police on Interstate 5 near Woodburn just after 6 p.m. Given a breath test, she registered 0.15. Under Oregon law, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or more.

Snipped: A records search of Terri Horman under her current, maiden, and previous married names turned up a DUI conviction in 2005 in which she pleaded guilty not only to driving under the influence, but also to "reckless endangerment of another."
Oregon State Police Lt. Gregg Hastings told ABCNews.com that the endangerment charge stemmed from the fact that her son, who was 11 at the time, was in the vehicle when she was stopped.
A spokeswoman for the court in Marion County, Ore., said Horman was sentenced to 12 months probation, a 90-day suspension of her driver's license and she had to attend alcohol counseling programs and attend a victim impact statement.
In addition, she wracked up nine traffic infractions, including several for speeding and one for driving with an expired license, between 1988 and 2004.

Mystery 911 Call to Kyron Horman's Home Adds to Police Case

Snipped: On Sunday KATU also received our first confirmation that Terri Horman has been the subject of a prior investigation regarding her parenting.
A source confirmed late Sunday afternoon that the Oregon Department of Human Services opened a case on Terri Horman following a 2005 arrest and charge of driving under the influence. Her biological son, who was 11 at the time, was in the car when his mother was arrested. As such, Horman also was convicted of reckless endangerment of that son.
Horman pleaded guilty in that incident. She had her license suspended for a month and a half, and served out a 12-month probation for those convictions.
We called the Department of Human Services to try to get answers from the agency's case file. Instead, DHS workers referred us to investigators working Kyron Horman's disappearance case.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100709124958/http://www.katu.com/news/local/97777564.html

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored
Back