PA PA-Clarke Noble Achey, 36, Moore Township, 20 Nov 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ADKGemini

Reaction score
Clarke Noble Achey
  • achey_clarke.jpg
Achey in 1972 (twelve years before his disappearance; more recent photos are unavailable)

• Missing Since11/20/1984
  • Missing FromMoore Township, Pennsylvania
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Age36 years old
  • Height and Weight6'0, 190 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Black hair, brown eyes. Achey has a tattoo of the name "Barb" on his upper left arm.
Details of Disappearance
Achey was last seen in Moore Township, Pennsylvania on November 20, 1984. He has never been heard from again, and his green 1967 Plymouth Fury with the Pennsylvania license plate number 78567U has never been recovered. Few details are available in his case.
Investigating Agency
  • Moore Township Police Department 610-759-5077
  • Pennsylvania State Police 610-861-2026
Source Information

Hey, everyone,

Just joined yesterday and making my first post. Was looking through the missing persons in my state and noticed one name without anything on here. From what I looked, maybe I missed something. His name is name Clark Noble Achey.

Clarke Noble Achey – The Charley Project

Not much information is given other than he left his house and was never heard from again. Possibly just a car accident or just moved away and started a new life.

An article not showing any new information from 2018:
Missing Lehigh Valley residents

Clarke has/had brown eyes and a tat of "Barb" on his upper left arm. UID had blue eyes and no tats are noted for him.

UID was found September 30, 1994.

Yea, I saw that. I still emailed a Detective from the police department because the height is the same and faces are pretty similar. So who knows?

Also, the 1984 was a typo on my part. Thanks for noticing that.

Last edited:
Bump since I'm here, I've added his case to a missing with vehicle map.

Every time I look at this case on The Charley Project, I pull up the map and even though it says he disappeared from "Moore Township" which encompases quite a large area, I wonder if it's possible he was in Chapman (which is entirely within Moore Township) on Main Street. It runs right through two large ponds/lakes/reservoirs between Monacy Drive/Monacy Avenue and Chapman Borough Hall. It has some high shrubs and some guardrails there now (and as far back as 2011), but I am wondering what it looked like in 1984. If the car is also missing........ could be possible.

I grew up about 10 miles from there.

Every time I look at this case on The Charley Project, I pull up the map and even though it says he disappeared from "Moore Township" which encompases quite a large area, I wonder if it's possible he was in Chapman (which is entirely within Moore Township) on Main Street. It runs right through two large ponds/lakes/reservoirs between Monacy Drive/Monacy Avenue and Chapman Borough Hall. It has some high shrubs and some guardrails there now (and as far back as 2011), but I am wondering what it looked like in 1984. If the car is also missing........ could be possible.

I grew up about 10 miles from there.
Definitely could be possible! they look like rock quarrys, maybe they're deep too.
I noticed namus has his location as Bath, which is right down the road from there.

Definitely could be possible! they look like rock quarrys, maybe they're deep too.
I noticed namus has his location as Bath, which is right down the road from there.
I am a little familiar with Bath, but even though I had to have driven through the general area dozens of times (mostly via Rte 512), I am not familiar with Moore Township.

And you're absolutely right, they definitely look like quarries which can be quite deep! That road doesn't look very well maintained, either.

Edit: Upon looking at the map again, there is a church before the borough hall named Chapman Quarries United Methodist Church so that answers that!!! :)

MOORE TWP., Pa. - The Northampton County Coroner's Office is working to identify human remains found in Moore Township Monday night.

Hunters found skeletal remains in a remote area in the Appalachian Trail, according to County District Attorney Terence Houck.

Houck said the remains were taken to the coroner's office for an autopsy.

MOORE TWP., Pa. - The Northampton County Coroner's Office is working to identify human remains found in Moore Township Monday night.

Hunters found skeletal remains in a remote area in the Appalachian Trail, according to County District Attorney Terence Houck.

Houck said the remains were taken to the coroner's office for an autopsy.
The skeletal remains discovered this week in Northampton County are those of a man who pleaded guilty 30 years ago to murdering two people in Monroe County, authorities said.

The remains are those of William S. Edelman Jr., who was 65 at the time of his death, Northampton County Coroner Zachary Lysek said in a news release Wednesday.

Hi, welcome to WS. Adding some links to this thread.

Thumbnail.jpeg
Date of Last Contact
November 20, 1984
Missing From
Bath, Pennsylvania
Missing Age
36 Years
Current Age
76 Years

First Name
Clarke
Middle Name
Noble
Last Name
Achey

Sex
Male
Race / Ethnicity
White / Caucasian
Height
6'-0" - (72 - inches)
Weight
190 - lbs

Just came across this thread and found the one dedicated to this gentleman. Whenever someone goes missing and their car goes missing, too, the first thing I think of is water. So checking the map around Bath Pa. there's not a lot of big lakes but there are quite a few small water sources very close to roads within a 20 km radius of Moore Township.

Do we know exactly the last time Achey was seen? Was it in the morning going to work? Returning home? A night out that stretched into forever? It would be good if we could drill down to the specifics if possible.

For one thing, he went missing in November and if November in Pa. is the same as November in Ontario where I live, the weather can be capricious. One day it's sunny and cool, the next blustery with freezing rain or light snow. The temperature can go up and down like a rollercoaster. The night Achey went missing there was a pretty drastic change in temperature from daytime highs of 45 degrees F at 3 pm to a drastic drop in temperature to zero starting at 6:39 pm with the temperature hovering mostly around freezing 32 F. (I'm a little skeptical about those drastic temperature changes, though, it may be a glitch). Regardless, temperatures that hover around freezing (32F) are the temps when the roads are slick; sometimes it's too early for the trucks to sand the roads plus fog patches can be expected. So taking that into consideration there is a possibility that he ended up in a water source. Link:

Do we know what searches, if any, were done in regards to him going missing? Forty years ago, I think the response would have been quite blase: the mindset that he's an adult and if he chooses to go missing voluntarily there's not much LE can do. We know that happened a lot back in the day even when families begged LE to create a missing profile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89
Back