Found Deceased TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey Everyone,
Remember the days when I used to come on and whine and ask for money? Remember how annoying all those ads were on the forum? The good news is that thanks to our partnership with Othram, we are free of my whining and those obnoxious ads.
If you like the fact that we are ad-free then please consider making a monthly donation to DNA Solves.com CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR A MONTHLY DONATION TO DNA SOLVES
By subscribing and making a monthly donation, you will be helping the families finally get the answers they deserve.
The amazing people at DNA Solves/Othram care deeply about finding the families of the unidentified.
Even 5 dollars a month would go a long way to finding the families of the unidentified.
Please do not discuss this on this thread. CLICK HERE if you would like to discuss further or have any questions.
Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Manager/Websleuths.com

Harris family believes death was not an accident; toxicology shows no drugs or alcohol in Caleb’s system at death

The Harris family has told 3NEWS they do not believe their son’s death was an accident.

Did Caleb Harris have any alcohol or drugs in his system?

The report states that toxicology reports were negative, indicating he did not have drugs or alcohol in his system when he died.

Harris family believes death was not an accident; toxicology shows no drugs or alcohol in Caleb’s system at death

The Harris family has told 3NEWS they do not believe their son’s death was an accident.

Did Caleb Harris have any alcohol or drugs in his system?

The report states that toxicology reports were negative, indicating he did not have drugs or alcohol in his system when he died.

Neither do I.

That is very sad, and I wonder why they don't think it was an accident. They must have reasons, though. I really feel for them.
Yes, it’s very sad. Sometimes it’s denial and wishful thinking, as in the parents of Riley Strain. But other times it may be a true and logical conclusion. I guess time will tell all. I also feel badly for them, and am also somewhat surprised at the toxicology report, after Gray Hughs Investigates made so much of the mushroom use.

Yes, it’s very sad. Sometimes it’s denial and wishful thinking, as in the parents of Riley Strain. But other times it may be a true and logical conclusion. I guess time will tell all. I also feel badly for them, and am also somewhat surprised at the toxicology report, after Gray Hughs Investigates made so much of the mushroom use.

I wonder if he was specifically tested for for the “magic mushrooms”. It is a very specific test and I’m not sure it is routinely tested on a postmortem tox screen.

Also from the article below, it sounds like it is metabolized quickly and will only show up if tested shortly after ingestion.

“Because the body processes the mushrooms and their compounds relatively quickly, specific drug tests may need to take place promptly after ingestion for them to find any traces of the drug.”

“Keep reading to learn more about shrooms and drug tests, including how long they stay in the system and some ways people could be able to “flush them” out quicker.”

Editing to add: I’m just trying to be accurate and understand all the information.

Last edited:
Although it is possible for a man this size to fall through a 24 inch manhole, his body would have to be lined up perfectly to fit. If he was moving forward at any significant speed, his torso would continue forward and possibly land beyond the manhole. He could easily have a leg in the manhole and the other still on land.

I suspect it more likely that he was placed there, or intentionally or accidentally placed himself there. Possibly he was looking in the manhole and dropped his phone, for example. Maybe he went exploring and hit his head.

Since wondering around barefoot in fields at 3Am is not something I am likely to do, I don't have any real frame of reference for CH's behavior.

I wonder if he was specifically tested for for the “magic mushrooms”. It is a very specific test and I’m not sure it is routinely tested on a postmortem tox screen.

Also from the article below, it sounds like it is metabolized quickly and will only show up if tested shortly after ingestion.

“Because the body processes the mushrooms and their compounds relatively quickly, specific drug tests may need to take place promptly after ingestion for them to find any traces of the drug.”

“Keep reading to learn more about shrooms and drug tests, including how long they stay in the system and some ways people could be able to “flush them” out quicker.”

Editing to add: I’m just trying to be accurate and understand all the information.
I found this chart that shows how long a drug can be tested on parts of the human body, whether fresh, embalmed or with decomposition. It doesn't appear they test for hallucinogens.

There's a more detailed report which only includes MDMA.

It shows very few tests on kidneys.

Although it is possible for a man this size to fall through a 24 inch manhole, his body would have to be lined up perfectly to fit. If he was moving forward at any significant speed, his torso would continue forward and possibly land beyond the manhole. He could easily have a leg in the manhole and the other still on land.

I suspect it more likely that he was placed there, or intentionally or accidentally placed himself there. Possibly he was looking in the manhole and dropped his phone, for example. Maybe he went exploring and hit his head.

Since wondering around barefoot in fields at 3Am is not something I am likely to do, I don't have any real frame of reference for CH's behavior.
One in Oklahoma City.
One in Nova Scotia

I found this chart that shows how long a drug can be tested on parts of the human body, whether fresh, embalmed or with decomposition. It doesn't appear they test for hallucinogens.

There's a more detailed report which only includes MDMA.

It shows very few tests on kidneys.

Very interesting! And as you mentioned, sadly no testing for hallucinogens or shrooms.

I guess it’s another one of those details we will never learn? It could have explained any unusual behavior that evening or what might have led him into that field. ( shortcut? exploration? Hallucination? Photo op? , headed towards a meeting?)

I wonder what Caleb’s parents think may have happened? They apparently think it was foul play— do they have a specific person or scenario in mind? ( rhetorical question, I know none of us are privy to that at this point)

Very interesting! And as you mentioned, sadly no testing for hallucinogens or shrooms.

I guess it’s another one of those details we will never learn? It could have explained any unusual behavior that evening or what might have led him into that field. ( shortcut? exploration? Hallucination? Photo op? , headed towards a meeting?)

I wonder what Caleb’s parents think may have happened? They apparently think it was foul play— do they have a specific person or scenario in mind? ( rhetorical question, I know none of us are privy to that at this point)
I don't fault any parent for grasping at straws when it comes to the types of deaths like those of Caleb and Riley, or any death that seems undetermined. It just leaves you hanging, wondering forever, if someone literally got away with murder. I think the rational part of your brain gets suppressed by the emotional part because you can't comprehend that your child may have been the architect of their own misfortune. I think the same thing happened with the families of the three men who were found frozen to death after a fentanyl overdose. (Although, in that case, I think maybe the families are not being entirely truthful about their deceased loved ones).

After watching a lot of YouTube videos of people falling into holes, I have come to the opposite conclusion. The typical manner seems to be that both feet go in and arms fly up. Even when the person tries to grab the edge of the hole, it doesn't help.

The only videos I found where people fell forward onto the far edge of the hole, were where the person's body did not fit in the hole (or the hole wasn't deep enough), so they folded at the waist and fell forward. It seems that when the feet go in, the body falls straight in, not forward.

What was really shocking is how quickly it happens.

I did find one video of a woman who saved herself exactly the way you describe. Her back leg folded and her knee got wedged, making her body fall to the far side of the hole instead of straight down.

People falling into manholes:
Police release CCTV footage of Nakawa woman who drowned

Here is a woman who was not "lined up" with the hole and only one foot went in. Even that did not help.
Faridabad: Woman Carrying Baby Fell Into Open Manhole. Watch Video | NewsMo

The woman who saved herself:
Woman Falling into Manhole Captured By CCTV || WooGlobe Funnies

Would the toxicology analysis be accurate with the amount of time that had gone by since Caleb went missing, and also with the condition of the remains at the time of autopsy?
Wasn't there a picture or video of Caleb having an alcoholic drink that evening? How long does it take for a toxicology report to indicate no alcohol?

I think it's likely that something out that way caught Caleb's attention as good subject matter for a photograph that he wanted to send to a friend. We know he sent a photo to a friend around 3:00 am. that morning, a photo of the bridge on a foggy night. It had some kind of meaning to Caleb and his friend, perhaps a joke, perhaps something else. Caleb may have wandered over to the field to take another photo that he thought would be interesting in some way.
This is I think too and being disoriented by the fog poor kid imo

It was mentioned a month or so ago that Caleb’s Alaska summer job offer was rescinded and his grades were poor. The parents did not know this at the very beginning. Self-harm is a possibility but how the heck did he end up in the manhole/lift station?

It was mentioned a month or so ago that Caleb’s Alaska summer job offer was rescinded and his grades were poor. The parents did not know this at the very beginning. Self-harm is a possibility but how the heck did he end up in the manhole/lift station?
I tried to search the basis of that (since it was stated to be from admin of the Find Caleb Harris group) but could only find a screenshot of a random social media comment and no admin statement about it.

So far as I know it's one of those rumors that got picked up and is now being treated as possibly true.

Gray Hughes is wrong more than he's right. I don't consider him reliable at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back