NJ NJ - Lisa McBride, 27, Vernon Twp, 23 Jun 1990

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lisa's case is definitely still open. That's not to say that the local authorities may or may not know who committed the crime, but that person(s) has not been brought to trial.

In March of 2022 her body was exhumed in hopes of finding additional evidence.

I heard the Lisa McBride case was solved in the 1990s and the perp is in jail. I was from the area and know of the family. I think the authorities have to really check their notes because something is not right.
I am thinking maybe the correct story is that someone (investigator) has a good idea who did it and the suspect is in jail for something else. Otherwise, why would no one know and why would this be a cold case when a conviction would have been publicized?

So have been following the Rex Heuermann case and he has many aliases and fake gmail accounts. One is "thawk" with the false birth date of 8/6/72.

I wondered if the "thawk" was an abbreviated version of "Tomahawk." I then wondered if maybe he'd murdered someone w/some "Tomahawk" location connection. Found out there is a Tomahawk Lake in Sparta NJ. I searched unsolved cases for this area and came across Lisa McBride's horrifying story. Heuermann is a hunter, and I saw that hunters actually discovered this victim's body at the Delaware Water Gap National Park, which is right next to Tomahawk Lake on a map. RH has always lived in NY and in 1990, he'd have been engaged to be married to someone who was from New Jersey and he was working as an intern architect in Freeport. Saw that the night she was murdered Lisa had been in Manhattan at the Beacon Theatre, which would have been close to an area where RH later opened his office. Also see that LMcB's family member had at one point lived in both Long Island (where RH is from and has lived all his life) and Sparta, where Tomahawk Lake is located. That night she went to the concert with friends in NYC, the group traveled to a bar in Newfoundland where Lisa gave old friends her phone number. RH and Lisa would be about the same age.

I know Lisa's body was exhumed in 2022 and this is the year LE began intensely targeting/investigating Heuermann. Some posters on here suspected Rifkin, Heuermann is similar to Rifkin jmo in some ways and also to Richard Cottingham, again, jmo. These killers did not kill sex workers exclusively; they killed who they wanted to kill and when they felt they could get away with it. I'm not saying with certainty RH absolutely did this, these are some of the most densely populated areas on earth, but I wouldn't rule it out. MOO. RIP Lisa.

Last edited:
I am thinking maybe the correct story is that someone (investigator) has a good idea who did it and the suspect is in jail for something else. Otherwise, why would no one know and why would this be a cold case when a conviction would have been publicized?
I question why would LE have the body exhumed a couple of years ago and not sooner if they had a good idea of who did this or a suspect. I lived in Morris Cty during this time but I don't recall ever hearing of this case.

I question why would LE have the body exhumed a couple of years ago and not sooner if they had a good idea of who did this or a suspect. I lived in Morris Cty during this time but I don't recall ever hearing of this case.
I would guess that they did not have enough to warrant exhuming the body. Does a judge have to issue an order for this. I wonder if they are looking for any DNA to do a genealogical test on.

Last edited:
I would guess that they did not have enough to warrant exhuming the body. Does a judge have to issue an order for this. I wonder if they are looking for any DNA to do a genealogical test on.
A judge does. I hope they bring this to a conclusion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back