IA IA - Jade Colvin, 14, Ames, 30 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
14-year-old reported missing in Ames
635978118503865021-colvin.JPG

Ames police are asking for the public's help in finding a 14-year-old girl reported missing last week.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2016/05/02/14-year-old-reported-missing-ames/83849844/

Oh my goodness, it is such a tragedy that her boys were killed in a crash this past week. No wonder family and friends are so concerned. I would be on the edge if that happened to me.

It's my fault. As soon as I posted the case, she was found, so I was able to change the thread.

Colvin's story is set to be featured Wednesday on "In Pursuit with John Walsh," a show on the Investigation Discovery TV network that partners with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to try to find missing people.

Colvin, a white female with green eyes, went missing in May 2016. She was reported as being a "runaway" teenager with red hair and a lip piercing. Police reports described her as being approximately 5-foot-4 and weighing around 128 pounds.

The Ames Police Department put out a tweet stating she had been found a few days later in Des Moines.

Nearly a year later, on March 23, 2017, she was officially reported missing to the Des Moines Police Department. She has not had any contact with her family since, according to the TV show.

Jade's 21st birthday was March 16th. There is very little information about her case. Isn't anyone looking for you?? :(

I can't access the article, what does it say? I'm guessing the don't have a body.
In the spring of 2017, Jade was brought to James David Bachmurski's farm by her mom. In May of 2022 the Winnesheik County Sheriff's Office was notified that she hadn't been seen or heard from since 2 days after her arrival at the farm. There's no mention of a body being found.

He's being held without bond.

In the spring of 2017, Jade was brought to James David Bachmurski's farm by her mom. In May of 2022 the Winnesheik County Sheriff's Office was notified that she hadn't been seen or heard from since 2 days after her arrival at the farm. There's no mention of a body being found.

He's being held without bond.
Thank you.
I wonder what evidence they have against him.

So
May 2, 2016Ames PD posts that Jade is missing.
May 4, 2016Ames PD posts that Jade has been located. Not so weird, presumably a typical rebellion runaway situation.
June 10, 2016NAMUS has this as Jade's date of last contact per law enforcement.
Iowa's Dept. of Public Safety also gave this date on a missing persons page that was archived on September 16, 2021.
Spring 2017Jade's mom says she took Jade to stay at James David Bachmurski's farm in Winnesheik County.
Two days later in Spring 2017Jade has not been seen or heard from since two days after being dropped off at Bachmurski's farm.
March 23, 2017NAMUS gives this as the date of Jade's last contact with her family.
Iowa's Dept. of Public Safety gave this date on a missing persons page that was archived on May 31, 2022.
May 2022"Winneshiek County Sheriff's Office was made aware that Colvin had not been seen or heard from since two days after her arrival at Bachmurski's farm."
August 10, 2023This is the last day the Iowa Dept. of Public Safety page was archived for Jade. It had been semi-regularly archived by web crawlers, so I assume the page was taken down within the following few months.
August 15, 2024James David Bachmurski is arrested for the second degree murder of Jade.

It's odd to me that the Winnesheik County Sheriff's Office is implying they did not know about Jade until 2022. She was reported missing in Des Moines in 2017, and was known to have been at a farm in Winnesheik County. And the Iowa Department of Public Safety website had the 2016 date listed until mid 2022, when it updated to 2017. Did law enforcement just not feel like talking to each other? At the least, at the very least, it seems like Iowa is failing at keeping its databases up to date, which essentially renders them useless.

Why are there no media mentions of Jade being missing? The only thing I can find are the occasional mention of her in a list of missing persons. A teenager was taken and left at an unrelated adult man's house and 2 days later was never heard from again, and that didn't warrant a press conference from police? Her family, who was willing to report her missing at least twice, didn't make a stink about it?

Certain framing--see The Charley Project description of being reported missing in 2016 but not being heard from since 2017--makes it seem like Jade ran away in 2016, and was in intermittent contact with her family but had not been seen in person since 2016. If that was the case, Jade, being 15, would still be reasonably considered missing, and it would explain why it doesn't look like there was media attention on trying to find a girl who didn't want to be found and would probably just run away again, BUT her mom apparently (in 2017) took her to the farm, which would categorically establish that she hadn't been missing since 2016.

All IMO: The facts of this case are unclear. She was only 15-years-old. Did he groom her? For what reason did her mom think she needed to be dropped off at this man's farm? Upon realizing she was missing, surely her family told LE she was last seen there? If not, why not? If so, what did LE do with that vital information back in 2017?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KKE20101
Back