CA CA - William Suff - Riverside Prostitute Killer and the Lake Elsinore Killer, 1974-1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

jwiltshire

Reaction score
William Suff (b. 20/08/50) is known as the Riverside Prostitute Killer or the Lake Elsinore Killer. He was convicted of killing 12 sex workers in 1995.

I'm writing a piece on William Suff and would be interested in speaking to anyone who lived in the area at the time, or anybody with specific information on William Suff.

Also, does anybody have any information on what dates Suff's victims were found? There seems to be some disparity between media reports, with some saying Jan 1987 and others saying April 19th 1988.

Please get in touch if you can help.

Thank you :)

Corona PD may be able to assist. For awhile, my parents thought our neighbor was a suspect. My father gave a tip to local Corona PD since he would run into them from time to time. Corona was fully aware of the case and actually questioned our neighbor and compared his tire tracks.

Another victim identified!
August 13 2024

So he was sentenced to death 29 years ago and is still sitting on Death Row?!
Oh yeah, this is California. He'll celebrate his 100th birthday before they strap him down for the needle.

fwiw​

2011​

Death penalty costs California more than $300m per execution​

New study also shows that average time between conviction and execution is over 25 years – double the US national average

''A 2011 assessment of costs by Judge Arthur Alarcon and Prof. Paula Mitchell, updated in 2012 revealed that, since 1978, California’s current system has cost the state’s taxpayers $4 billion more than a system that has life in prison without the possibility of parole (‘LWOP’) as its most severe penalty.

According to the assessment, the death penalty cost California $1.94 billion in additional pre-trial and trial costs from 1978-2011. The post-trial costs were almost as high- $925 million for automatic appeals and state habeas corpus petitions, and $775 million for federal habeas corpus appeals. Incarceration of death row inmates was also a significant factor, the “adjustment center” of California’s death row at San Quentin State Penitentiary cost an additional $1 billion. The authors calculated that, if the Governor commuted the sentences of those remaining on death row to life without parole, it would result in an immediate savings of $170 million per year, with a savings of $5 billion over the next 20 years.

Internet slang phrase for saying something isn't good or is outright bad.

yes but the sentences you quoted ... what are they in reference to?

(> beats 2 month old child to death
> gets sentenced to 70 years
> paroled after 10 years)

yes but the sentences you quoted ... what are they in reference to?
Not a direct quotation from a specific poster but I put the facts relating to the case in a quotation to highlight it.

Using a > symbol is sort of like an arrow or bullet point.

Not a direct quotation from a specific poster but I put the facts relating to the case in a quotation to highlight it.

Using a > symbol is sort of like an arrow or bullet point.

ok but I still don't know what you are referencing
who beat a 2 month old child to death? the prostitute killer???

William Lester Suff, also known as the 'Lake Elsinore Killer,' was linked to 19-year-old Cathy Small's murder through DNA​

"
A serial killer convicted of the murders of 12 women has confessed to the cold case murder of a 19-year-old mother in Southern California in 1986.

Cathy Small, 19, was found stabbed to death on a street in South Pasadena in February 1986, but her case went unsolved for nearly four decades.

"We believe we’re bringing a sense of long overdue justice and closure to the victim and her family," Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna said in a press conference this week."

ok but I still don't know what you are referencing
who beat a 2 month old child to death? the prostitute killer???
rbbm
Fresno, California • Sat, Jan 25, 1992Page 4
''Ex-wife recalls violent life with serial-killing suspect She says marriage two decades ago was lull of hatred tragedy and murder FORT WORTH Texas — The ex-wife of a man convicted of killing his infant daughter in Fort Worth and now under investigation in serial slayings in California says her marriage was filled with violence The former Teiyl Rose Buff said she was not surprised when she read last week that William Lester Suff Sr 41 had been arrested and charged with murder in the deaths of two prostitutes and would he questioned in the deaths of 17 other female prostitutes or drug users in Riverside County For Rose 38 it resurrected memories of two decades ago when her marriage to Suff was marked with hatred tragedy and murder Wasnt surprised “Interestingly enough I wasn’t surprised” she said "I think he’s capable of it When we were married he did nave an explosive temper” '
1723980226665.png
1723983251137.png

Last edited:
rbbm
Fresno, California • Sat, Jan 25, 1992Page 4
''Ex-wife recalls violent life with serial-killing suspect She says marriage two decades ago was lull of hatred tragedy and murder FORT WORTH Texas — The ex-wife of a man convicted of killing his infant daughter in Fort Worth and now under investigation in serial slayings in California says her marriage was filled with violence The former Teiyl Rose Buff said she was not surprised when she read last week that William Lester Suff Sr 41 had been arrested and charged with murder in the deaths of two prostitutes and would he questioned in the deaths of 17 other female prostitutes or drug users in Riverside County For Rose 38 it resurrected memories of two decades ago when her marriage to Suff was marked with hatred tragedy and murder Wasnt surprised “Interestingly enough I wasn’t surprised” she said "I think he’s capable of it When we were married he did nave an explosive temper” '
View attachment 525368
View attachment 525373

wow he's still alive right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member