MS - 14-year old shoots parents; kills mother - Mar. 19, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rebuttal witnesses for the state testified Thursday that a Rankin County teenage girl accused of shooting and killing her mother denied hearing voices, conflicting with previous testimony given by the defense's expert witness.

Full article at link...

9/19/2024

1726765798422.png
CG exits the courtroom.

1726765833178.png
RK, licensed professional counselor

1726765948495.png
AC, a child and adolescent psychologist

Trial isn't over but the testimony leads me to believe medications had nothing to do with CS killing her mother and attempting to kill her step-father. jmo
I agree. It has been an interesting day of testimony. I'm behind so I may change my mind later.

I do like this judge very much! The defense has egg all over their face after the brady motion today. MOO

With the long hair she looks like a normal teen, about 16. Her new look makes her look 12.
a conscious choice most likely approved by her defense team. The darker color and bangs make her look more like this photo of a much younger her from the same link
89882517-13870107-Carly_Gregg_was_a_bright_and_gifted_student_who_loved_learning_t-a-2_1726773724708.jpg

SMH, I don't know what to think... Were there problems with her parents -- serious problems -- for a good while, or did this situation get serious of late?
I wonder what was on her mind -- just before the murder as well as her thoughts within the last 2 years or so...
Was there something odd or scary, etc., before the killing?

SMH, I don't know what to think... Were there problems with her parents -- serious problems -- for a good while, or did this situation get serious of late?
I wonder what was on her mind -- just before the murder as well as her thoughts within the last 2 years or so...
Was there something odd or scary, etc., before the killing?

IMO
This is a case of severe MH problems.
During teenage years they worsen.

It was reported her biological father suffered from some.
(Link below)

Why was she taking so many meds?

Was she "self medicating" with marihuana?

And honestly,
this brutal chopping of hair
(not at the hairdresser's,
but by herself)
is a red flag for me.
(I say it as a teacher, because I see teen girls obsessed by their beautiful long hair)

RIP to Mother :(

JMO

Last edited:
Moo..there is video. Her hair was short and dark as it is now.
Yeah, saw the disturbing video and I can't get a grip or understand this child. Guess that is a good thing for me. I can only explain it being some sort of mental health issue? Idk, not in the medical field so that is an amateur opinion.
However, sad for the dogs in the video. They needed hugs, but CG not capable.

IMO
This is a case of severe MH problems.
During teenage years they worsen.

It was reported her biological father suffered from some.
(Link below)

Why was she taking so many meds?

Was she "self medicating" with marihuana?

And honestly,
this brutal chopping of hair
(not at the hairdresser's,
but by herself)
is a red flag for me.
(I say it as a teacher, because I see teen girls obsessed by their beautiful long hair)

RIP to Mother :(

JMO

That’s the easiest plea for a pre-meditated killer. Where did she get the gun and what was the trigger?

I was surprised to see the lengthy responses that were going on today. Especially the doctor for the state’s witness. He was allowed to go beyond answering the questions and there were no objections from opposing.

There is a long history of Carly’s mental state. She has been medicated and in therapy for a good while.

Interesting that Carly didn't shoot/kill her mother during breakfast, nor did she shoot/kill her mother the afternoon of the day prior, nor the week she cut her hair... but instead Carly shot and killed her mother when mother told Carly she knew about her vaping and immediately after mother removed vape pen/s from her room. Carly's mom was all kinds of concerned about Carly doing any type of illegal drugs because of bio-dad's long-term use.... and Carly was well aware of this fact.

Carly has mental/emotional struggles but I don't think she killed her mother and attempted to kill her step-dad during a short-lived period of insanity nor a psychotic episode.

jmo

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member