Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE I believe suggested that as a way to put feelers out for if JS was jealous or knew more, etc. I do NOT believe they thought it was an actual relationship. LE is allowed to lie about their beliefs to get answers.
yes, I agree.

in addition, when SS was mentioning 'crushes', he was asked how did he feel about THAT? he says fine, she wasnt old enough to 'date', so he said to Madeline 'crush on'. IMO his tone said otherwise.

IMO, her murder was related to JS actually being told by Madeline what was going on but it wasnt the first time... the extra layer was the possibility of pregnancy.

Q so what do you think happens Sunday other than him killing her what do you think made him
snap
A I don't know theories I I I keep hearing...
Q tell me your theories cuz here's the deal we don't go home until she's
found
A I know I know
Q so what are your theories
A what I've heard is what if what if she upset him and threatened to tell me and say that she was going to tell
tell me and he needed to shut that down.. that's the only
thing

IMO JS's 'theory' was based on historical knowledge and events, not based on recent discovery of s/abuse. JS was in communication with him on sunday. IMO, it was a SHARED threat, one which started on saturday with SS, when he became 'all stressed out'.

yes, I agree.

in addition, when SS was mentioning 'crushes', he was asked how did he feel about THAT? he says fine, she wasnt old enough to 'date', so he said to Madeline 'crush on'. IMO his tone said otherwise.

IMO, her murder was related to JS actually being told by Madeline what was going on but it wasnt the first time... the extra layer was the possibility of pregnancy.

Q so what do you think happens Sunday other than him killing her what do you think made him
snap
found
A I know I know
A what I've heard is what if what if she upset him and threatened to tell me and say that she was going to tell
thing

IMO JS's 'theory' was based on historical knowledge and events, not based on recent discovery of s/abuse. JS was in communication with him on sunday. IMO, it was a SHARED threat, one which started on saturday with SS, when he became 'all stressed out'.
I agree. She spoke about what happened as if it was a “theory” someone proposed that she had heard.

JS in this audio/video interview, states Madeline 'could have been drugged'.....she says SS had 'access' to Benzos and Lunesta. then she falls back into her 'script' voice explaining what Benzodiazepines drugs are and says "Lunesta, I THINK is a sleeping medication for, like insomnia' <-----she thinks? IMO, she KNOWS what Lunesta is.

according to SS's father, he was looking for drugs and found old meds from 4 years ago. and he further stated he got SS health insurance. his scripts were not called in and filled because he didnt finalize it with the physician, although SS told him he did. and then hearing SS mom say that she was concerned he didnt have his meds and said JS was sharing HER meds with him. which was an odd thing for her to say because just that saturday, his father is telling the looking for meds story. why was his mother worried about SS having his meds after he left, but not on saturday or sunday when he was at the home and was looking for meds?

so..... where did SS get Benzos that JS says he 'has access to'?

JS only mentions one medication SHE takes IIRC in this interview.....and explains its a generic: Ziprasidone (Geodon). was she taking something else?
I thought I saw or heard something about js also taking Adderall, or that she took meds for adhd or just that she had ADHD, though it might just be a good presumption. Ifirc, it has been stated multiple times that ss definitely took Adderall.
I've heard of people "sharing" Adderall when they have prescriptions for them but I would assume that would be a terrible idea and against most doctors orders?
Some early on suggested Adderall or other prescriptions might've been used by SS and as more evidence comes to light, like those statements made from Js and the note pad with symptoms written out, I wonder if those substances weren't also used by Js as well?

This was so satisfying to watch! Oh my gosh, did he look like he was totally humiliated and thinking he was a victim? Guys like him don’t deserve black rectangles either.

For a guy that was ashamed of his bod and wouldn’t go to the beach, this was some well deserved justice. OMO.
Two females handling his junk and he doesn’t get an e*******, but show him a photo of a child….sick!!!

yes, I agree.

snap
found
A I know I know
thing

I'm glad you said that! It does seem ss was stressed well before Sunday, and my ears perked up when she said early on in the interview that she "wasn't herself Sunday, even her coworkers noticed it". Why would she say that? Did others notice she was out of sorts on Sunday because of some other reason? It was just weird to me, and made me wonder why she said that.

I thought I saw or heard something about js also taking Adderall, or that she took meds for adhd or just that she had ADHD, though it might just be a good presumption. Ifirc, it has been stated multiple times that ss definitely took Adderall.
I've heard of people "sharing" Adderall when they have prescriptions for them but I would assume that would be a terrible idea and against most doctors orders?
Some early on suggested Adderall or other prescriptions might've been used by SS and as more evidence comes to light, like those statements made from Js and the note pad with symptoms written out, I wonder if those substances weren't also used by Js as well?
talk of ativan by SS for himself
Madeline: adderall, miralax and at bedtime hydroxyzine. what about asthma inhaler?

Prescription bottles during search: adderall, dextroamphetamine, and Hydroxyzine listed in the 896 doc released.

IIRC, JS gave a list of her meds, but I cant recall where I saw/heard an audio about that. but the THC was mentioned in the subpoena interview with her lawyer.

the audio/video interview released conducted hours before Madeline was found, she only mentions the one medication for herself Ziprasidone (Geodon). if she had more than one script she took each day or as needed, why didnt she tell LE? why just that one?

If I KNOW, my boyfriend is a master manipulator, and afaik JS said it herself, then I have to know, how to not fall for it permanently. Otherwise I am a little stupid and don't have antennaes, and I wouldn't even recognize his character. MOO

Last edited:
They all wallowed in their oh-so-important medications and illnesses. It seems, as if they were proud of being able to come up with all kinds of diagnoses. The fact, that Maddie had inherited illnesses, was no cause for concern, but just another method of generating doctors and prescription drugs. At least so it seems to me. MOO

I am curious to learn more about MS specific diagnoses. JMO but parents for minor children are often the historians/communicators with medical personnel for their children. We have heard of MS diagnoses from JS and others but do we KNOW she actually suffered ADHD etc?

Or was that all the product of mom's reporting symptoms? because frankly I don't trust JS to accurately direct me to the nearest Target let alone provide health professionals accurate info about MS alleged symptoms without them being colored by her own "stuff"

So you think le thought they were in a relationship?! No. Clearly they didn't because they charged him with that crime as well. Like many posters have explained, it was more than likely a tactic by Le to elicit a reaction that would benefit their investigation. They in no way believe there is a relationship.
Yes, they know the law does not allow said "relationship" and they know it is not what was described. Merely a tactic to see how she reacts.
I'm thinking they spoke with a profiler before this interview. They pushed a lot of buttons.

They all wallowed in their oh-so-important medications and illnesses. It seems, as if they were proud of being able to come up with all kinds of diagnoses. The fact, that Maddie had inherited illnesses, was no cause for concern, but just another method of generating doctors and prescription drugs. At least so it seems to me. MOO
That's what I'm thinking too.

And, I'm wondering if JS and SS were self-medicated/drugged during the interviews with the news reporter? They seemed off, but I don't know their regular selves to compare.

jmo

The poor ladies probably wanted to barf.
Didnt she say to SS "don't do anything squirrelly man or you'll eat the carpet" lol she was no shrinking violet, made sure she got pictures from every angle and then asked for a flashlight so she could get a good shot of the freckles. Im happy I don't have her job.

Last edited:
I've been watching this case from day one. My opinion/belief/sense is that Jenn is a deeply grieving mother, and was not involved in any way. Her regret will forever be that she trusted this manipulator who murdered her daughter. I do not think she turned a blind eye, or allowed it to happen, or ignored the signs, or was in on it, or helped to cover the murder, or had any knowledge whatsoever. I believe fully that she believed he was being a caring doting stepdad, and through the years she became complacent, and truly didn't recognize the signs. He groomed Jenn too. I suffer with mental health issues as well, stemming from years and years of SA abuse by my stepfather. I recognize and can relate to her struggles with her mental health, and being on meds for it can make life feel like a blur, and needing sleep, feeling loopy, unbalanced and out of it at times....it's all a difficult journey to manage, but she was trying. It makes sense to me that while she was navigating her mental health needs she was not as tuned in and present. In addition, in the initial interviews with different people, a friend of SS said that Stephan bragged to him about having access to Lunesta and that it could knock someone out quick. I'm not spreading rumors, I heard the audio of the friend say that with my own ears. Sure enough, Jenn mentions SS taking Lunesta, as well as other things for anxiety, etc. He likely drugged them both. It's also plausible that Jenn was suspicious of something and he gaslit her and told her she was horrible for thinking that so she dropped it and felt guilty for thinking it. He groomed them both so well, and she made the awful, awful mistake of letting her mom-guard down. I think she felt sorry for him because he's kind of weird, witnessed him doting on Maddie, and just trusted everything. It was a mistake she will forever live with. That doesn't make her the monster. As for being more concerned about her daughter missing than finding out about the SA was just because of shock and horror and not knowing where her daughter was, and DESPERATLY hoping there was some kind of hope that she was still alive somewhere......I think it was just an overwhelming amount of trauma to deal with in that exact moment. She couldn't fathom more than wanting her daughter to still be alive. Trauma can cause a lot of weird reactions.........I lost my entire home in a flood and all of my things, and I couldn't stop laughing until I cried. Personally, I am sensitive and empathetic to Jenn's struggles with mental health. It's a very difficult thing to deal with, and she thought she could trust and depend on SS. If she was sedated a lot, by him, then of course she'd be oblivious. When I'm struggling, it takes everything in me to remember to eat. If you have never dealt with mental health issues beyond general depression and general anxiety, then you have no clue how it feels, what it does to the mind, how the medications work, and none of us know the story of her personal issues and why she struggles with her mental health and so it's wrong to judge what you don't know. Of course everyone assumes all mothers would know something was up, or wouldn't date the likes of him, or would never date at all.....but no one was/is in her shoes. This is a mother's worst nightmare. She truly deserves more compassion than most are giving her. Her life sentence will be regret for the rest of it, her daughter is never coming home, and she has to replay all of her mistakes over and over forever. She didn't ignore Maddie. He was a master groomer, he played on Jenn's mental health struggles to get to Maddie. Until I see proof evidence of Jenn being a and ignoring her daughter and allowing it, or knowingly letting it happen, I will hold space for her to grieve and truly mourn her loss without condemnation. SS is the ONLY monster here.

thanks for sharing your perspective @Phoenix11:11 I wish I still felt similarly but even as I feel differently now I can appreciate your POV and how you have arrived there. It speaks to who you are, I think, that you are able to extend JS both the benefit of the doubt and some grace.

I agree that JS will for the rest of her days live with her mistakes and failures echoing in her mind. All those what ifs. All those shoulda coulda wouldas.

I've been watching this case from day one. My opinion/belief/sense is that Jenn is a deeply grieving mother, and was not involved in any way. Her regret will forever be that she trusted this manipulator who murdered her daughter. I do not think she turned a blind eye, or allowed it to happen, or ignored the signs, or was in on it, or helped to cover the murder, or had any knowledge whatsoever. I believe fully that she believed he was being a caring doting stepdad, and through the years she became complacent, and truly didn't recognize the signs. He groomed Jenn too. I suffer with mental health issues as well, stemming from years and years of SA abuse by my stepfather. I recognize and can relate to her struggles with her mental health, and being on meds for it can make life feel like a blur, and needing sleep, feeling loopy, unbalanced and out of it at times....it's all a difficult journey to manage, but she was trying. It makes sense to me that while she was navigating her mental health needs she was not as tuned in and present. In addition, in the initial interviews with different people, a friend of SS said that Stephan bragged to him about having access to Lunesta and that it could knock someone out quick. I'm not spreading rumors, I heard the audio of the friend say that with my own ears. Sure enough, Jenn mentions SS taking Lunesta, as well as other things for anxiety, etc. He likely drugged them both. It's also plausible that Jenn was suspicious of something and he gaslit her and told her she was horrible for thinking that so she dropped it and felt guilty for thinking it. He groomed them both so well, and she made the awful, awful mistake of letting her mom-guard down. I think she felt sorry for him because he's kind of weird, witnessed him doting on Maddie, and just trusted everything. It was a mistake she will forever live with. That doesn't make her the monster. As for being more concerned about her daughter missing than finding out about the SA was just because of shock and horror and not knowing where her daughter was, and DESPERATLY hoping there was some kind of hope that she was still alive somewhere......I think it was just an overwhelming amount of trauma to deal with in that exact moment. She couldn't fathom more than wanting her daughter to still be alive. Trauma can cause a lot of weird reactions.........I lost my entire home in a flood and all of my things, and I couldn't stop laughing until I cried. Personally, I am sensitive and empathetic to Jenn's struggles with mental health. It's a very difficult thing to deal with, and she thought she could trust and depend on SS. If she was sedated a lot, by him, then of course she'd be oblivious. When I'm struggling, it takes everything in me to remember to eat. If you have never dealt with mental health issues beyond general depression and general anxiety, then you have no clue how it feels, what it does to the mind, how the medications work, and none of us know the story of her personal issues and why she struggles with her mental health and so it's wrong to judge what you don't know. Of course everyone assumes all mothers would know something was up, or wouldn't date the likes of him, or would never date at all.....but no one was/is in her shoes. This is a mother's worst nightmare. She truly deserves more compassion than most are giving her. Her life sentence will be regret for the rest of it, her daughter is never coming home, and she has to replay all of her mistakes over and over forever. She didn't ignore Maddie. He was a master groomer, he played on Jenn's mental health struggles to get to Maddie. Until I see proof evidence of Jenn being a and ignoring her daughter and allowing it, or knowingly letting it happen, I will hold space for her to grieve and truly mourn her loss without condemnation. SS is the ONLY monster here.
Thank you for sharing your story, it provides a lot of insight from a side many people may not be able too understand,( myself included) we think empathy is simply
understanding the perspective of another person, but its more, its understanding their persective from their shoes not our own.

talk of ativan by SS for himself
Madeline: adderall, miralax and at bedtime hydroxyzine. what about asthma inhaler?

Prescription bottles during search: adderall, dextroamphetamine, and Hydroxyzine listed in the 896 doc released.

IIRC, JS gave a list of her meds, but I cant recall where I saw/heard an audio about that. but the THC was mentioned in the subpoena interview with her lawyer.

the audio/video interview released conducted hours before Madeline was found, she only mentions the one medication for herself Ziprasidone (Geodon). if she had more than one script she took each day or as needed, why didnt she tell LE? why just that one?
Yes!!!!! Oh wow, I forgot about all of that and the THC, I remember there were some CBD pills in the search as well. The truelieve, I believe? I did notice how dirty her side table was... Maybe she was a smoker of thc as well?! I'm curious about SS and js having more of a drug relationship and less of a friendship? I wonder if she avoided saying the other ones because she abused them?? Why do you think??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back