MS - 14-year old shoots parents; kills mother - Mar. 19, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
very different... is that a hand tattoo?
She is described as highly intelligent. What better way to get away with murdering parents than to feign mental illness, complain about the medication, and radically change appearance beforehand. Defence is none other than mental illness.

The question I have is whether she was scheming because she wanted to inherit her parents wealth, or be with her father, have freedom - who knows ... OR she is mentally ill and did not hear voices or display any psychotic behaviors prior to the murders, but did afterward. Was she being treated for mild depression?

At 14, there is nothing other than mental illness that causes you to kill your parents. She needs help, not a prison sentence. IMO.
I don't believe that for a second. I believe children can be evil- not mentally ill, and kill their parents. Yes, mental illness is one reason for a child to kill a parent, but not always.

starting or stopping these kinds of meds can have terrifying side effects, especially in the first two weeks, even as an adult. she had been seeing a therapist for mental health issues and self harm before all of this happened. to me it makes the most sense that mental health issues played a big part.

i think it’s shocking that a 14 year old girl, in these specific circumstances, had access to a gun. i wonder what their situation would have been like today if she didn’t have that access. i think it’s a tragedy for everyone involved.

As she was smoking cannabis I’m wondering if the defense will argue about psychotic reaction (sorry if I’ve missed that — extremely busy but attempting to stay informed on this case):

IMG_5083.jpeg

Wow! She is evil.
So long as this is who she really is, and not part of some trauma response. I held a lot of crazy beliefs as a teen, but in truth they actually had nothing to do with how I really felt, and everything to do with massive trauma I had gone through, which was not being attended to, and causing me to act in a way very different to my real nature. I just hope there’s nothing being hidden in this narrative.

"Carly Gregg
has been found guilty
of murdering her mom
and
trying to kill her stepdad.

The 15-year-old sobbed
as the verdict was handed down by the jury on Friday,
just two hours
after they broke for deliberation.

The jury will now deliberate
on whether she should spend the rest of her life behind bars,
without the possibility of parole."

1726858719180.png

Last edited:
I feel satisfied with this verdict. I do not believe that Gregg was incompetent, legally insane, or lacked capacity to understand her premeditated actions. I do believe she suffers from some mental health issues. It doesn't prevent me from also believing she is guilty as charged. I appreciate the difficult job the jury faced with this case.

I feel satisfied with this verdict. I do not believe that Gregg was incompetent, legally insane, or lacked capacity to understand her premeditated actions. I do believe she suffers from some mental health issues. It doesn't prevent me from also believing she is guilty as charged. I appreciate the difficult job the jury faced with this case.
I've stayed away from this thread and just been reading the daily reports that are almost transcripts from a local reporter. As heartbreaking as the whole thing is, I do believe that everyone involved has tried to do the right thing here. I do believe that she knew what she was doing when she did it, mental health issues notwithstanding. What a heartbreaking case. She will never get her mother back.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back