Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article has previously been posted by Meticulously (link below).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-11/page75

Raising it again as find the below statement interesting and feel that it perhaps warrants further thought.

As stated in the attached article "Inspector Ferguson said that there had been several items of clothing and a pair of shoes found. They were still being examined but did not appear to belong to Miss Rimmer".

It has been reported that JR was found without any clothes, however it appears that from this article that clothing was indeed found at the site. If this is the case, who did the clothing and items belong to?

As we are aware, there were some items missing also from both JR & CG.

Would be interested in people's thoughts on this.

We could also consider the Kimono, did this perhaps belong to a previous victim and the MO is to take clothing to another attack, Just a thought.

All of the above IMO.

attachment.php
attachment.php

The clothing is certainly worth more discussion. Prior to the 1988 break-in, a local reported clothing missing from their clothesline. My thoughts were that he used large objects of clothing to disguise fingerprints whilst opening doors etc (that's only IMO)

The clothing is certainly worth more discussion. Prior to the 1988 break-in, a local reported clothing missing from their clothesline. My thoughts were that he used large objects of clothing to disguise fingerprints whilst opening doors etc (that's only IMO)
It is possible, however one would think that gloves would have been an easier option, less able to be dropped at the scene. As we do not know what type of DNA was found on the Kimono, it is difficult to make this call, however this will eventually be revealed.

IMO there are a couple of things we need to consider:

1. Items were missing from both JR & CG
2. The article referred to above mentions that "several items of clothing and a pair of shoes found. They were still being examined but did not appear to belong to Miss Rimmer".
3. Were items found at the CG site which did not belong to CG?

EDIT
4. What happened also to the clothing from the KK attack?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-11/page75

Raising it again as find the below statement interesting and feel that it perhaps warrants further thought.

As stated in the attached article "Inspector Ferguson said that there had been several items of clothing and a pair of shoes found. They were still being examined but did not appear to belong to Miss Rimmer".

It has been reported that JR was found without any clothes, however it appears that from this article that clothing was indeed found at the site. If this is the case, who did the clothing and items belong to?

We could also consider the Kimono, did this perhaps belong to a previous victim and the MO is to take clothing to another attack, Just a thought.

All of the above IMO.

attachment.php
attachment.php

The kimono bothers me too, if they showed it in the media at the time everyone would have seen it.

So some pervert steals your clothes and tried to rape someone, you would come forward, right?

So why wouldn't someone come forward? Maybe it was owned by someone who wanted to protect BRE. Don't know if he has a sister, but maybe it's his mothers.

Maybe they aren't old victims clothing, but he is dressing them as someone he knows. IMO

Or he's a cross dresser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The kimono bothers me too, if they showed it in the media at the time everyone would have seen it.

So some pervert steals your clothes and tried to rape someone, you would come forward, right?

So why wouldn't someone come forward? Maybe it was owned by someone who wanted to protect BRE. Don't know if he has a sister, but maybe it's his mothers.

Maybe they aren't old victims clothing, but he is dressing them as someone he knows. IMO

Or he's a cross dresser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The kimono was shown in the paper (about 1988). At the time, the police thought it was in relation to a murder in Leonard St, Victoria Park, but another perpetrator was imprisoned for that crime.

If he's a cross-dresser he'd need large clothing - evidently he's about 6ft 2".

Is it possible that the items of clothing found with JR as mentioned below and referred to in above article belongs to the victim of the KK attack? (Note just stating a personal thought, not fact).

"Inspector Ferguson said that there had been several items of clothing and a pair of shoes found. They were still being examined but did not appear to belong to Miss Rimmer".

Is it possible that the items of clothing found with JR as mentioned below and referred to in above article belongs to the victim of the KK attack? (Note just stating a personal thought, not fact).

"Inspector Ferguson said that there had been several items of clothing and a pair of shoes found. They were still being examined but did not appear to belong to Miss Rimmer".

Snap!!!

The kimono was shown in the paper (about 1988). At the time, the police thought it was in relation to a murder in Leonard St, Victoria Park, but another perpetrator was imprisoned for that crime.

If he's a cross-dresser he'd need large clothing - evidently he's about 6ft 2".

I've managed to locate the 1988 newspaper article which reads.....
attachment.php

Kimono clue to a brutal killing

The West Australian, Perth Wednesday February 17 1988
by Cyril Ayris

"This kimono may be the clue that helps
solve the brutal killing of Victoria Heather
Clark, 30, in Victoria Park last September
It was dropped by a man that walked
into a Huntingdale house early on Monday
morning and lay on top of a sleeping
18-year-old girl...
The kimono is the first good clue the police
have been given in recent sex attacks in the area.
Det-Sgt Max Kiernan said the man
apparently walked into the house...."

Masters raped and murdered 30-year-old Victoria Clarke in her home on Leonard St, Victoria Park, in April 1987. David Troy Masters.

Attachments

• Kimono.png
    Kimono.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 206

All of the above IMO.

attachment.php
attachment.php

There's a simple explanation to this issue of stranger's clothes been found near JR. The clothes were random refuse.

The whole area near d-site, and nearby at southern end of Woolcoot Rd is used as illegal rubbish dumping sites. Also looks like locals have had bonfires and parties nearby.

I've visited the site personally and took these pics, and later checked with Wellard locals and they confirmed the area was always littered, even back in 1996.

Plus, storm drains tend to collect rubbish, so IMO I wouldn't focus too much on fact that Cops discovered extra clothes near JR.

4d3e1bc35b31cfb31330631c706656b3.jpg

6504241bfb3dd1ca1b888306380e6517.jpg

a7cd7a45c8d7149017c35b395e8a9bc1.jpg

[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

More of my Wellard pics taken at D-site and southern end of Woolcoot Rd.

Like I mentioned in my post above, there was much rubbish and evidence of partying and bonfires.

931683b9010123b2e2aba09858d01049.jpg

d32538c52dd003feb0e554dcd174144e.jpg

f188e6a23586f6c626703bf7799a9557.jpg

38599942f504242f8d3411c9c1687f4b.jpg

c58a36af9f8e388b16ee609646b2bd71.jpg

No, no compensation.

As for proof: first, the police can't charge someone without evidence. Second, the strength of the Crown case is relevant to bail - even on serious charges where there is a presumption against bail, if the Crown case is weak, this improves the prospect of bail. Third, regardless of whether the accused gets bail, the matter has to go to a committal hearing - a trial before the trial to test the evidence. If a person is committed to stand trial following this hearing, you can be assured that there is substantial evidence against them.

I'd be pretty confident the police have their guy here. They have forensic evidence for a start.

You seem to be very knowledgeable in these matters , out of curiosity have you seen anything on here that you would actually consider useful

But was his first wife living with him in 1988? Did she even know him back then?
your guess is as good as mine, but they did purchase fountain way during 1991, so it's not totally out of the question that they may well have been acquainted in 1988.

[emoji887]

More of my Wellard pics taken at D-site and southern end of Woolcoot Rd.

Like I mentioned in my post above, there was much rubbish and evidence of partying and bonfires.

931683b9010123b2e2aba09858d01049.jpg

d32538c52dd003feb0e554dcd174144e.jpg

f188e6a23586f6c626703bf7799a9557.jpg

38599942f504242f8d3411c9c1687f4b.jpg

c58a36af9f8e388b16ee609646b2bd71.jpg

Thanks Spooks, quite a mess and disrespectful.

I guess the question is whether it was like this 20+ years ago - I doubt it, as housing did not go too far North at that point. This would be interesting to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That newspaper report^ had me agreeing with the comments "unable to locate a body" in swampy/creek type areas due to the thick vegetation. There was one such swampy area down near the Canning River near the train line. As a matter of fact a woman's remains were located there - approx. 20 years after she went missing (Mrs Thomas). Police had even searched this creek/area as the woman was seen nearby - at the time of her going "missing". On finding her remains - they came to the conclusion there was no foul-play, however, it makes me wonder if they couldn't find her in the 1970's - they certainly had trouble in these types of swampy areas e.g. near O'dell Street and Spring Road, Thornlie (suburb next to Huntingdale). We played along the rail line and played "chicken" with the trains on the bridge (poor train drivers!) My primary school years were spent down by that swampy area in the '70's and we all enjoyed the popular game of "spin the bottle" in Grade 5 - and; we were oblivious to the danger and; of what could lie nearby!

That newspaper report^ had me agreeing with the comments "unable to locate a body" in swampy/creek type areas due to the thick vegetation. There was one such swampy area down near the Canning River near the train line. As a matter of fact a woman's remains were located there - approx. 20 years after she went missing (Mrs Thomas). Police had even searched this creek/area as the woman was seen nearby - at the time of her going "missing". On finding her remains - they came to the conclusion there was no foul-play, however, it makes me wonder if they couldn't find her in the 1970's - they certainly had trouble in these types of swampy areas e.g. near O'dell Street and Spring Road, Thornlie (suburb next to Huntingdale). We played along the rail line and played "chicken" with the trains on the bridge (poor train drivers!) My primary school years were spent down by that swampy area in the '70's and we all enjoyed the popular game of "spin the bottle" in Grade 5 - and; we were oblivious to the danger and; of what could lie nearby!

I remember when the body was discovered. I thought it was fairly close to housing.

Thanks Spooks, quite a mess and disrespectful.

I guess the question is whether it was like this 20+ years ago - I doubt it, as housing did not go too far North at that point. This would be interesting to look at.

Hey Spin I answered your question in post with first lot of my Wellard pics.

Yes - the area was the same 21 years ago. I asked someone that grew up in Wellard, and that person said there was always rubbish around and parties happening at southern end of Woolcoot Rd.

The train line is adjacent to the bonfire spot and I'm guessing the locals probably also played chicken with the trains.

The noise of passing trains would have drowned out any party shenanigans, or nefarious noise from SK activities.

3682bf0579728757fd4bc635771b4799.jpg

a2987ec8c1d155afe61fb2b04023a9f1.jpg

The CSK obviously didn't abide by the top message on this sign.... "Do the Right Thing".

0c5c843049b1af16a8f5df620cee02a4.jpg

Hey Spin I answered your question in post with first lot of my Wellard pics.

Yes - the area was the same 21 years ago. I asked someone that grew up in Wellard, and that person said there was always rubbish around and parties happening at southern end of Woolcoot Rd.

The train line is adjacent to the bonfire spot and I'm guessing the locals probably also played chicken with the trains.

The noise of passing trains would have drowned out any party shenanigans, or nefarious noise from SK activities.

3682bf0579728757fd4bc635771b4799.jpg

a2987ec8c1d155afe61fb2b04023a9f1.jpg

The CSK obviously didn't abide by the top message on this sign.... "Do the Right Thing".

0c5c843049b1af16a8f5df620cee02a4.jpg
I lived in the area not far from there in the late 80's early 90's. The bushland south of Wellard Rd even then was a dumping ground for household rubbish and anything else people wanted to get rid of and there were always little areas littered with beer/spirit bottles and coals from small campfires.

I used to take my dog walking through the Wellard bushland and drive the bushtracks down to and along the railway line.

It was always disheartening to see all the rubbish dumping and damage that had been done to some really pretty bushland.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes it was - small hobby farm area - so quite close

Not as remote as Pipidinny Rd

Thanks Spooks and to all other posters - looks like it is possible clothing and other items were already in area.

My proposed scenario is that BRE had a habit of walking about in the dark and a fetish for wearing female clothing on top of his own clothing. As reported he saw the kimono on a line and took it on the night. The Kimono looks quite large and it would only need to fit where it touched. In an aroused state he has seen an opportunity to indecently assault a young woman and probably cleaned himself up with the kimono before dropping it during his get away.

I suspect that SS is somewhere in Wellard and so would CG have been except with the finding of JR the killer couldn't risk leaving another body there as it would now be under surveillance.

Despite there being dumping of trash, parties and bonfires no one knew that JR was there and they wouldn't know if SS was there. Maybe Dt Ferguson's gut feeling is right again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966