Age now: 58
Race: White female
Hair color: blond strawberry
Eyes Color: unknown
Height: 61.0 to 65
Weight: 110.0 to 130

Clothing/Scars and Marks:
Nothing

Circumstances: Last seen at a skating rink in Lawton.

Found some details about this case: http://newsok.com/article/2422725

"Her (Mary's) brother and sister, Elizabeth and James Copeland, said they went to the house on Feb. 27, 1983, found blood and cleaned it off the front porch,"
And why on the earth they did that? You have not heard from your sister for 3 days, so you went to her house, she was not there, but you found blood in the house, AND YOU CLEANED THESE BLOOD OFF ?

In May 1991, a search warrant was executed on the house by Wynn Hormann of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, Aycock, Fletcher Police Chief Allen Ziembovich and Chadwick.
A technique had been developed that can illuminate even old blood stains. A chemical called Luminal was sprayed throughout the house, Chadwick said.
"There was blood from the front door to the porch, through a hallway into the living room," he said.
The trail of blood stains stopped at the back of the house.

There is no doubt Mary was killed that night in her house, but there is one thing trouble me, she knew her husband and her son were not at home that time, and there should be nobody inside her house, but when she was walking to her house, a light came on in the house, and she continued to walking into the front door, WHY DID SHE DO THAT ? Did she expect someone waiting for her? Maybe a secret affair?

when she was walking to her house, a light came on in the house, and she continued to walking into the front door, WHY DID SHE DO THAT ? Did she expect someone waiting for her? Maybe a secret affair?

Maybe she thought her husband had come home early?

Maybe she thought her husband had come home early?

Maybe, but I don't think she and her husband had a happy marriage, I suspect she and her husband were separated at that time, it would explain her husband and her son were staying with his parents when her birthday was coming up, and it was her father filed the missing person report

It still bother me that her brother and sister cleaned those blood on the front porch, if it was her husband's siblings, then I at least can understand, but they were her siblings, why ? Why would they do that ?

It still bother me that her brother and sister cleaned those blood on the front porch, if it was her husband's siblings, then I at least can understand, but they were her siblings, why ? Why would they do that ?
Well DNA was still a few years away from first being used in court, so maybe they simply thought they were doing the right thing and acted before thinking, as they still called the police and told them about the blood, I don't think they were trying to cover it up as they wouldn't have called them then.

Well, should they at least know don't not taint a potential crime scene ? And according to Charley Project (http://charleyproject.org/case/mary-ann-etter):
Etter's father reported her missing two weeks after she was last seen.
Does that mean her brother and sister did not report their finding to police and only told cops the blood they cleaned up after their father reported her missing ?

Well, should they at least know don't not taint a potential crime scene ? And according to Charley Project (http://charleyproject.org/case/mary-ann-etter):

Does that mean her brother and sister did not report their finding to police and only told cops the blood they cleaned up after their father reported her missing ?
It says in one of the articles, that they cleaned up the blood on the 27thk which is after her father reported her missing. Perhaps they thought the police had already seen it, and just mentioned that they had cleaned it up.

It says in one of the articles, that they cleaned up the blood three days after her father reported her missing. Perhaps they thought the police had already seen it, and just mentioned that they had cleaned it up.

Mary disappeared on Feb 24, they went to her house three days later which means on Feb 27, and her father reported her missing 2 weeks after her missing, so did not add up. And where was her husband and son at all that times? I strongly suspect they were seperated

Mary disappeared on Feb 24, they went to her house three days later which means on Feb 27, and her father reported her missing 2 weeks after her missing, so did not add up. And where was her husband and son at all that times? I strongly suspect they were seperated
Well then perhaps, they didn't know that anything was wrong and that simply thought it was from a deceased animal, it's hard to know without knowing the exact amount of blood that was found.

It is hard to know whether they were actually separated, or the husband and the child were simply away for the night, if the blood wasn't there when the husband came home either that night or the next morning (as it was stated that he did in the newspaper clipping) when did it appear there?

The newspaper clipping also states she went missing on the 5th of March, perhaps that was when the missing persons report was filed by her father.

You are right, she disappeared on Mar 5, not Feb 24, I mistake her birthday as the day she disappeared because she was out and celebrating her birthday that night.

Her birthdate is wrong. Her brother and sister stayed at the house with her sometimes. was following a thread on her and couldn't find it once I got on here.

Found some details about this case: New Clues Sought to Missing Woman Investigation Reopened in Fletcher

And why on the earth they did that? You have not heard from your sister for 3 days, so you went to her house, she was not there, but you found blood in the house, AND YOU CLEANED THESE BLOOD OFF ?

There is no doubt Mary was killed that night in her house, but there is one thing trouble me, she knew her husband and her son were not at home that time, and there should be nobody inside her house, but when she was walking to her house, a light came on in the house, and she continued to walking into the front door, WHY DID SHE DO THAT ? Did she expect someone waiting for her? Maybe a secret affair?

Facts are It was a Saturday night that Mary disappeared 2/26/1983, She was suppose to have went skating at Medicine Park not Lawton. Husband was helping his step dad that night and son was staying with his Dad's mom. Mary's siblings spent many nights at their sister's house as well as some friends. Mary's parents drank. They left Mary in Oklahoma and moved off to Texas. In fact when Mary and her husband found her parents, her siblings were hungry and he looked in the refrigerator and there was only beer. Jr. went and bought groceries for the family. The parents rented a place around the corner from their daughter and could view the house from the north side of the house. Someone told me that Mary had been a prostitute, I don't know if that is fact or fiction. Jr. said he was innocent and shouldn't have to leave Fletcher. After he had remarried, he received a letter from child support on a daughter that Mary was suppose to have had. Mary's parents wanted the property and any money that Jr. had which leads me to wonder if Mary left to get away from her parents. If something happen to Mary that night did her parents do it. More questions that answers

Found some details about this case: New Clues Sought to Missing Woman Investigation Reopened in Fletcher

The blood belong to Mary's husband due to when he answered the door, he was stuck in the head with something while the father was looking for his daughter who was visiting her boyfriend Mary's brother. Mary's blood was never found in the house.

Wow!
Is there an easy way to summarise all that?
Could almost be a soap opera if it wasn't so sad - and confusing
Different dates, different places listed as last seen (why is skating rink mentioned on some sites when she was dropped off at her house after she went there?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back