MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an interesting statement that I don't quite understand.

I can understand why people might not bring a phone why they jog. In my experience it weighs heavy in my clothes. But Ally's mother suggests that usually she would take her phone, but this time she did not because it was raining in the morning. Was she afraid of her phone getting wet? But if only the roads are wet, then that does not make her phone wet. Perhaps she was afraid that it would start raining during her run. But a phone could withstand some rain (but not submersion). Is the reason for not taking her phone a speculation of Nikki, or did Ally mention the reason for not taking her phone (and perhaps it was a habit to take only a phone when there was no chance of rain.)

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

If Ally was listening to music, what device would she use? Often people use their phone for listening to music. Did Ally also use her phone, or did she have another music device. If she did not use a different device, then it is even more strange that she left her phone behind.
I can't help but wonder whether she had been getting unwanted calls from someone and didn't want to be annoyed by that person while jogging. (I'm sure LE has already looked into that possibility.) Or maybe she had been arguing with a member of her household face-to-face and didn't want that person to be able to reach her in order to continue the argument.

I leave my phone at home half the time—I only take it with me if I'm expecting an important call or think I may need to make one—so leaving a phone at home isn't necessarily unusual, but if she usually took her phone with her, then the fact that it had rained earlier that day seems like an odd reason not to take it. That may just have been the excuse that she gave her mother.

That interview was over an hour long... they showed, in total, maybe 3-4 minutes in the entire 15 minute segment... the vast majority of things I brought up about her parents suspicions behaviors were left out. The gun found in their closet,
A shotgun?
many things I had noticed about Franz, not going to his own daughters birthday party that we had for Ally at her moms house 2 months after she was killed, as one example, was edited out. And entire part where I show Chris Hanson text messages from Alex the days leading up to her death talking about getting engaged, talking about marriage, telling each other we love each other....
text messages from her mom talking about Franz’s uncaring behavior and attitude after Alex’s death and his “just get over it” attitude toward he mother.... I showed all of these text messages to Chris Hanson, I even sent all of them to the producer of the program.

Now, I have absolutely no idea why they deliberately left these things out. They never even mentioned I had showed all the text messages to back up my claims.

Do you still have those text messages?

I’m not sure what you mean. Or are asking? I think you are musing aloud here? if she did not take her phone, she likely did not have a fit-bit or anything else with her to not get them wet, likely. I don’t recall weather conditions that day, but I can imagine myself not wanting to risk a wet expensive phone getting ruined. Maybe she didn’t like the extra weight in a pocket (did she have pockers that day). I can think of reasons I would not have one with me were I to be out running, or even walking. But I am not of the generation that stays attached to a cell phone.

Sorry, I was referring to the mom's "it's raining so she didn't take her phone" comment. It just seemed convenient for Ally not to have her phone the day she got shot. When I run, I always use my phone to track my run and play music. It's in a water resistant arm band. Also, didn't it say somewhere she had earphones in? Must have had some sort of device on her. Will try to locate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an interesting statement that I don't quite understand.

I can understand why people might not bring a phone why they jog. In my experience it weighs heavy in my clothes. But Ally's mother suggests that usually she would take her phone, but this time she did not because it was raining in the morning. Was she afraid of her phone getting wet? But if only the roads are wet, then that does not make her phone wet. Perhaps she was afraid that it would start raining during her run. But a phone could withstand some rain (but not submersion). Is the reason for not taking her phone a speculation of Nikki, or did Ally mention the reason for not taking her phone (and perhaps it was a habit to take only a phone when there was no chance of rain.)

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

If Ally was listening to music, what device would she use? Often people use their phone for listening to music. Did Ally also use her phone, or did she have another music device. If she did not use a different device, then it is even more strange that she left her phone behind.

This. Hadn't read down far enough but this is what I was also wondering!

I thought there was a post in this thread that said that Allyhad an ex-boyfriend whose parents lived close to Ally's jogging route. (The reference may have been to an ex who preceded Wes.) I coudn't locate the post I was thinking of, so maybe it's been deleted.

Once again... did I say, “everyone trust me!! Just take my word for it!”
No, I didn’t. What I actually said was, “I’m not asking anyone to just take my word for it”.
For someone with the name “always reading” you sure do miss quite a lot!
Again, I didn’t come on here to convince anyone of anything. I came here to share information regarding the current direction of the case. If you want to ignore what I’m telling you that’s your decision.
Do you have any more information you can share with us?

You mentioned that we should see arrests soon (If I remember correctly). Is this still something you see happening soon?

I'm not saying I'll take your word for it, but you seem to have more information than you have shared thus far. Why?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Once again... did I say, “everyone trust me!! Just take my word for it!”
No, I didn’t. What I actually said was, “I’m not asking anyone to just take my word for it”.
For someone with the name “always reading” you sure do miss quite a lot!
Again, I didn’t come on here to convince anyone of anything. I came here to share information regarding the current direction of the case. If you want to ignore what I’m telling you that’s your decision.
It would help if you would hit reply to the post you are responding to. And of course I'm not going to take your word with no evidence or collaboration.

Nikki Brueger mentioned that Ally was planning to travel to a friend in Florida in August. This was someone she casually dated. Is this person a suspect, or does this person have a perfect Alibi (if he was in Florida at the time of the murder).

Nikki Brueger mentioned that Ally was planning to travel to a friend in Florida in August. This was someone she casually dated. Is this person a suspect, or does this person have a perfect Alibi (if he was in Florida at the time of the murder).

I wonder whether someone found out about that trip and was less than enthusiastic.

I wonder whether someone found out about that trip and was less than enthusiastic.

Nikki made the statement while she was disputing the Claim of Wes Sutherland that he and Ally had plans to get married.
Here is some of the context:

Nikki disputes Sutherland’s claims about marriage.

“At the time of her murder, she was just friends with Wes and his fabrications of marriage need to end,” Nikki said. “The idea that Ally would have agreed to an engagement in December of 2016 is preposterous. And then to wait until Wes was accepted into a nursing program, successfully completing a two-year curriculum, passing the state exam and finally get a nursing position before getting married is absurd.

“At the time of her murder, Ally was planning an August 2016 trip to Florida to visit a guy she had casually dated several years ago,” Nikki said. “I have a pile of clothes she purchased for that trip with the tags still attached.”
https://www.tctimes.com/news/new-de...cle_e5892014-23c7-11e8-9c28-c31bdea8f3d0.html

If Ally indeed was visiting an ex in Florida in August then this would tell us two things:
1. That the relationship was probably over and there were no marriage plans.
2. That the Florida trip could have been a motive for murder.
But on the other hand, at this point we do not have any collaboration of the plans for the Florida Trip, so it is possible that Nikki is manipulating the truth as Wes has suggested.

I would be interested to know the following:
According to Nikki, which person was Ally going to visit?
Does this person confirm that Ally was going to visit him?

Once again, and this is the last time I will say it... Of course Nikki has been manipulating the truth.... why do you think she just happened to fail to mention all of this until I went on national television suggesting her husband is the killer.
Now, all of a sudden she suspects me and bring up this supposed “trip”? Almost 2 years into her daughters murder? Are you all that easily fooled? I already told you almost all info available to you in the media has been manipulated by nikki... and yes, I have all saved texts messages with Nikki. I will share by far the most damning one because it’s the one Nikki doesn’t want anyone to see. After this one, that’s it. All I can say it’s just the tip of the iceberg to come. I also showed CWD and they told me “they weren’t able to include it in the episode” because how convenient right!?!?
Black squirrel... check your private messages.

The words the mom uses are very strong: Absurd, preposterous, fabrications.

This case is so interesting. Combat: can we know what's in the PM to squirrel if it doesn't hurt the investigation?

wes.jpg
This screenshot was sent to me by Wes Sutherland (@Combatmedic2121) and he said it is OK to post it here.
It is a conversation between Wes and Nikki. It confirms some of the things @Combatmedic2121 wrote earlier
in the thread.

Combatmedic, unless I misunderstand, it seems Nikki is sharing openly with you at the time of this text. When did that attitude change, if I may ask? Can you share any other texts for content?

Can I also ask how you found out that Ally had been murdered, and where you were when you were told? Do you have friends or relatives you can share your concerns with? I hope you are not doing all this completely alone without support.

thank you for trying to help as much as possible

Do you have any more information you can share with us?

You mentioned that we should see arrests soon (If I remember correctly). Is this still something you see happening soon?

I'm not saying I'll take your word for it, but you seem to have more information than you have shared thus far. Why?

There is an ongoing criminal investigation during which LE has likely admonished anyone with intimate knowledge of the case to refrain from discussing it publicly. I appreciate that we are getting some "insider" details of the case and don't expect anything more until the case breaks. I feel strongly that this case can be solved and hope we see an arrest/s very soon.

It changed over the course of a year. The more texts Nikki sent like this, the more suspicious I grew of Franz. Eventually, about 6 months ago, I confronted her and she had a total meltdown over it. We haven’t spoken since.
I think if you go a few pages back I’m explaining this more in detail.

How I found out... (condensed version)
I had just gotten to the hospital for my shift that night. Security came to my floor and said MSP wanted to speak with me.
When I spoke to them they eventually told me “Ally was shot while she was jogging” but that’s it. They asked for my phone, searched my car, apartment, took my laptop, I basically let them do and have whatever they wanted because they said at the end they would tell me more about where Ally was. ALL I cared about at the time was finding what hospital Ally was at and getting to her. Her being dead wasn’t an option my brain could even imagine.

At the end they wouldn’t tell me where she was at or how seriously hurt she was. Then they dropped me off back at the hospital and told me to “just go to work, try not to think about all of this”.... yeah OK!

As soon as I got back to my floor (keep in mind... I had been gone for hours) my manager grabbed me and pulled me into an empty room. I immediately started telling him that Ally was shot while she was jogging, they won’t tell me where shes at, I have to find out what hospital!

Then he says, “Wes, listen... I hate to be the one to tell you this... I’m SO sorry Wes!”
And then he slid his phone in front of me with an article he had pulled up. The title read, “Jogger fatally shot in Holly”. I’ll be honest, I don’t even know if those were the exact words... because once I saw that word “fatally” my whole ****ing world came crashing down around me. It really felt like my own, personal end of the world. It’s honestly hard to describe in words...

So that’s how I found out....
And yes, my friends, my coworkers, and my family know the kind of person I am, they’ve believed me and supported me through all of this. They also All knew and loved Ally very much, and have been disgusted by what Nikki has been saying in the media.

But with all this support, I still feel very much alone... Ally and I talked everyday since the day we met. We were immediately best friends. I’ve never had that with anyone before and so even though I’m not alone... it still feels like I’m very much alone every day without Ally.

Nikki made the statement while she was disputing the Claim of Wes Sutherland that he and Ally had plans to get married.
Here is some of the context:

https://www.tctimes.com/news/new-de...cle_e5892014-23c7-11e8-9c28-c31bdea8f3d0.html

If Ally indeed was visiting an ex in Florida in August then this would tell us two things:
1. That the relationship was probably over and there were no marriage plans.
2. That the Florida trip could have been a motive for murder.
But on the other hand, at this point we do not have any collaboration of the plans for the Florida Trip, so it is possible that Nikki is manipulating the truth as Wes has suggested.

I would be interested to know the following:
According to Nikki, which person was Ally going to visit?
Does this person confirm that Ally was going to visit him?

Also from the article linked above:

“Nikki disputes Sutherland’s claims about marriage.

‘At the time of her murder, she was just friends with Wes and his fabrications of marriage need to end,’ Nikki said. ‘The idea that Ally would have agreed to an engagement in December of 2016 is preposterous. And then to wait until Wes was accepted into a nursing program, successfully completing a two-year curriculum, passing the state exam and finally get a nursing position before getting married is absurd.’”

[SBM]

“Brynn Styles, 32, of Louisville, Kentucky, was a good friend of Ally’s in school. ‘Our friendship started in ninth grade at Holly High School and we stayed friends’,” she said.

[SBM]

In the times we went to her house I really respected her parents and was jealous of Ally’s relationship with them. If there was anything negative she would have told me.

[SBM]

‘Ally said he was a great dad and took her to Germany for vacation, just her and him,’ Styles said. ‘That’s the coolest thing. I was really jealous of her relationship with her parents.

‘So when I watched Crime Watch Daily, I was shocked,’ she said.

‘I knew she (Ally) loved her dad. I knew that because of the stuff we talked about. If anything would have happened that was not good, she would have told me. She said what was on her mind, she didn’t hold back.’

[SBM]” (BBM)

Once again, and this is the last time I will say it... Of course Nikki has been manipulating the truth.... why do you think she just happened to fail to mention all of this until I went on national television suggesting her husband is the killer.
Now, all of a sudden she suspects me and bring up this supposed “trip”? Almost 2 years into her daughters murder? Are you all that easily fooled? I already told you almost all info available to you in the media has been manipulated by nikki... and yes, I have all saved texts messages with Nikki. I will share by far the most damning one because it’s the one Nikki doesn’t want anyone to see. After this one, that’s it. All I can say it’s just the tip of the iceberg to come. I also showed CWD and they told me “they weren’t able to include it in the episode” because how convenient right!?!?
Black squirrel... check your private messages.
(RBBM)

The words the mom uses are very strong: Absurd, preposterous, fabrications.

This case is so interesting. Combat: can we know what's in the PM to squirrel if it doesn't hurt the investigation?

(RBBM)

Combatmedic2121,

In one of you previous posts, you stated:

And entire part where I show Chris Hanson text messages from Alex the days leading up to her death talking about getting engaged, talking about marriage, telling each other we love each other.... text messages from her mom talking about Franz’s uncaring behavior and attitude after Alex’s death and his “just get over it” attitude toward he mother.... I showed all of these text messages to Chris Hanson, I even sent all of them to the producer of the program.
(RSABBM)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Rose-Twp-30-July-2016&p=13986755#post13986755

Clearly, Nikki is adamant your and Alex’s relationship was no longer romantic in nature by the time she was murdered.

As I understand (I don’t mean to put words into your mouth, so please correct me as you deem necessary), your suspicion of Franz is at least partly based on the notion that Nikki is manipulating the facts in her effort to protect him.

I think it would be helpful in many ways if you could share with us the same text message from Alex that you shared with Chris Hanson. It is truly unfortunate that the show decided not to share them with their audience.

ETA: I bolded the parts where Ally’s friend says she was jealous of the relationship she had with her parents because I remember feeling the same way about the relationships some of my own friends shared with their parents when I was younger: Certainly not perfect, but those parents all seemed very open with and unconditionally loving toward their children.

This is exactly this kind of thing I’m referring to about Nikki manipulating truth. It’s basically nikki’s Attempt to present a “character witness” for Franz....

Now, I had never once heard of this person Brynn Styles until this article... and she NOT friends with Ally on Facebook, and Ally never once mentioned this person.

Doesnt it seem a little odd to anyone that Nikki couldn’t find a “character witness” for Franz that was, oh I don’t know, a little more local? Not even within the state of Michigan? And not anyone who’s seen or spoken to Ally in over 15 years?
Again, I call BS!

Keep in mind, this is the same Nikki who adamantly denies ever saying to me what she did actually say in that text I just showed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder