IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the same pic as on fb either and I don't see an email address. I see a link under the comment about needing a date and when I click no that it is not found. If I google that I get dating sites.

You are correct it is her @ name that threw me off looked e mailish because of the @ symbol.. :hot:
been a long day here.. sorry about the confusion

You are correct it is her @ name that threw me off looked e mailish because of the @ symbol.. :hot:
been a long day here.. sorry about the confusion

It's ok. :) I thought someone earlier said they found a twitter account for her under Lyric Morressey. I don't really go how to get around in Twitter.

I have heard a couple of references to Grandmother telling police to look at the lake bc she suspected the girls went there, but wasn't the lake searched simply based on a tip that went in around 12:27 that someone saw their bikes at the lake?

I'd really like to know about the condition and the placement of the bikes. Were they dumped from the interstate, along with the bag? Just didn't land in the same place? Or were they lying down or setting up on kick-stands, waiting for the girls to be done exploring?

IMO, if the girls went swimming or wading, it is more than likely, although not certain, that their shoes or clothing would have been left onshore. I say not certain, because we wore our tennies many times at certain rocky swimming areas, and if indeed they did swim, maybe it was an impulsive decision and they had no suits on.

I pray these girls are found safe, and soon.

If they had drowned in the lake, wouldn't they have shown up by now?

I was trying to figure out if Lyric's dad was her bio dad or step dad and if the parents are together since the confusion with the last names. He lists on at least one of his 3 fb pages that he is married, however Mom lists as single. He has a myspace too. He has a criminal past. I did notice Lyric just became friends with him on fb sometime between Dec 2011 and May 2012.

I made a blunder earlier. The Zoosk profile is under the name of Lyric's mom. But Lyric's Facebook wall shows that she joined Zoosk between July 3 and July 7, 2011. Note that is last year; not this year. The Zoosk profile uses the same photo of actor Selena Gomez that appears on Lyric's FB profile. The Zoosk profile lists the age as 34 and the location as Waterloo.

http://www.facebook.com/lyric.morrissey?sk=wall

https://www.zoosk.com/personals/search?page=35&view=slideshow

That second link might or might not work. It depends on whether you have an account. If you want to come over for coffee, I'll show it to you on this little MacBook.

It would be one thing if these girls were teens, BUT there not. IMO this should be treated with the utmost urgency. I don't for one second feel they planned to meet someone and ditched their bikes, phone and bags.

IMO they went for a bike ride on a hot summer day and ended up at the lake. I believe they have met with foul play.

Any case of children this age should be treated like an abduction until proven otherwise, using every resource available.

IMO if this was a summer girlish adventure we would know by now.

To add it probably was a girlish adventure......it just didn't turn out that way.

July 15, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Hundreds search for missing Iowa cousins, ages 8 and 10

By Associated Press

Evansdale, Iowa— More than 350 volunteers joined authorities Sunday in a search for two young Iowa cousins whose bicycles were found abandoned near a lake.

Family members held out hope even as investigators said they had found no new clues that could lead them to the girls, who were last seen shortly after noon Friday. Authorities located the bikes of 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins and her 10-year-old cousin, Lyric Cook-Morrissey, at Meyers Lake a few hours after they were reported missing...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120715/NATION/207150339#ixzz20jfpyQJh

This map looks like it has the location of the bikes in a different place - doesn't it?

MapDadtoEvansdale.jpg

sorry If I was Incorrect By Posting!

Well, my question is really for the mods. What I'm really meaning to ask is if it's okay for us to discuss this guy. Technically, I don't think the TOS allows it, but I've wanted to discuss this individual since this morning.

Is a "no contact order" what they issue in spousal domestic violence cases? Or is it only in regard to children, which is how I have usually heard it used.

I live about an hour and a half from this area, and there have been a few attempted abductions in this area during the last few years. I remember last year, or the year before, there were two attempted abductions in one day, in different parts of town (the children all gave the same description of the suspect). Earlier this summer, there were two girls (separate incidents) who were sexually assaulted on a bike path and in a pedestrian tunnel. I've never heard any updates to any of these stories.

Cedar Rapids is not far from this area. In January, there was this story:

http://www.kcrg.com/news/crime/Pizza-Driver-Reports-Attempted-Kidnapping-136679693.html

Was this person ever apprehended?

Lyric's height and weight are a bit confusing to me. Is she really 4'10/4'11 and 145 pounds? If that's true, then she's an obese child (I'm not making any snarky judgments here). It would be difficult for her to scale an 8 foot tall fence, or to run fast, bike long distances, etc. In her photos, she does not appear to be obese. Is this height and weight correct? If it is, then physical activity would not be as easy for her as it would be for her younger cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga