MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been searching a bunch for info on this evening's presser and can't find anything. Where did you get the info on it? I'm wondering if it has been postponed.

Sorry ... I don't have the link at the moment...

I wrote it in my notes...

:blushing:

Can another sleuther maybe help us here?

TIA...:seeya:

Oh bless you... I wasn't looking forward to going through the list again.
I will start on Ottawa County as flutterby suggested.

Are the cars listed on the RSO's profiles only registered to them, or are they registered to everyone in the household they reside at (wife, parents)?

I'm wondering if they have access to and switch out vehicles with someone else who may be unsuspecting and would allow them to go under the radar, though I'm sure every silver/grey Chrysler T&C is fair game now.

Don't depend on my interpretation of the description!!! Some RSOs listed no vehicle and others as many as 6.

Brainstorming who could the perp be:

Trucker
Random customer
Regular customer
Sex offender registered or unregistered
Partner
Family
Work colleague

I won't sleuth a boyfriend or family per websleuths rules.

Are there any local bars? Factories where a worker could have ended their shift nearby?

Years ago I worked midnight shift at a Speedway station by myself. You do get the regular male customers who like to linger and talk to a friendly woman--they'll even step aside for another customer to make their purchase and then continue their conversation. Some of them are really hard to get rid of.

I was lucky because I was in more of a booth-type setup with a drawer they would put cash in and I could put cigarettes or whatever in --nobody was allowed in. She had to put up with people coming in to pay.

Don't depend on my interpretation of the description!!! Some RSOs listed no vehicle and others as many as 6.

Yeah, I see that... wtf... rolling around in boats, motorcycles and multiple cars! Geez...

I would like to know why the owners of this Exxon haven't offered an award. You would think they would care enough, or at least want to APPEAR to care enough, that they would make some sort of effort. Would it kill them to offer $1000? She was abducted while working ALONE at their place of business.

I will never ever...ever step foot in that store and give those people one penny. Ever.

I would like to know why the owners of this Exxon haven't offered an award. You would think they would care enough, or at least want to APPEAR to care enough, that they would make some sort of effort. Would it kill them to offer $1000? She was abducted while working ALONE at their place of business.

I will never ever...ever step foot in that store and give those people one penny. Ever.

O/T, but in Terrilynn Monnet's case, the bar where she was last seen didn't even put a flyer up!

We'll see if these guys from her work come forward to help. Exxon is a huge company (I know its prob an independently owned store). Maybe Exxon Corporate will throw some reward money in. In fact, someone should write the bigwigs at Exxon a letter!

(edit: actually they might not want to do this as to admit liability, which is obviously going to be an issue here)

If she still has this dog, he/she must be missing her terribly too. :( This is soooo sad and disturbing. The reality and gravity of this situation is starting to really sink in.

jessica-heeringa-pictures-4.jpg

photos from everyjoe.com

Okay guys, I went back trying to find the source of this supposed 6:30 presser and I'm wondering if my post (#137) was misinterpreted...

This quote from wzzm's facebook page:
Norton Shores Police have now declared the case of missing woman Jessica Herringa an abduction. A suspect has been identified. Full story at 6:30pm

They were holding the story until 6:30 and the comments (including mine) were dissatisfied in the 4+ hour delay in reporting.... But I have not heard anything about a press conference.

Either way, I think they should hold a press conference. NOW. Or 3 hours ago.

Not everyone is pouring over news stories and comments and I'm sure as in any case there are many locals (in the community and surrounding areas, states) who haven't heard the story and haven't seen Jessica's face yet.

I know they are trying to confirm details and chase down leads but if nothing else the general public really does need to be given the most basic steps that we tend to take for granted....
the BOLO for family members/friends/neighbors/coworkers who have been acting strange, may fit the description, may have a vehicle matching the general description.

Maybe they are running the story on local news? It makes me so anxious during these early moments when there's not more of a public push from LE but I guess they have their strategy.

Almost 48 hours now. I'm feeling sicker about this as time goes on. I can't even fathom what her family is going through. My mind won't let me imagine what Jessica is going through. Every parent's worst nightmare. Jessica's story is all over facebook, along with the description of the suspect and his vehicle. People are sharing it over and over, posting updates. I have to believe we'll find her.

Okay guys, I went back trying to find the source of this supposed 6:30 presser and I'm wondering if my post (#137) was misinterpreted...

Quote:
"Norton Shores Police have now declared the case of missing woman Jessica Herringa an abduction. A suspect has been identified. Full story at 6:30pm"

<respectfully snipped>

heehee LotusPawprint :) We're all waiting for this 6:30 presser, lol.... :floorlaugh:

I'm sure Nancy Grace will be on this soon (let's hope so, even though she's not my favortie person in the world, lol)

Cheap and I wouldn't purchase one cent of anything from that place because of it.

I have to commend her family--having been thrown this horror, they are really active in getting the word out, God bless them.

They were holding the story until 6:30 and the comments (including mine) were dissatisfied in the 4+ hour delay in reporting.... But I have not heard anything about a press conference.

Either way, I think they should hold a press conference. NOW. Or 3 hours ago.

Not everyone is pouring over news stories and comments and I'm sure as in any case there are many locals (in the community and surrounding areas, states) who haven't heard the story and haven't seen Jessica's face yet.

I know they are trying to confirm details and chase down leads but if nothing else the general public really does need to be given the most basic steps that we tend to take for granted....
the BOLO for family members/friends/neighbors/coworkers who have been acting strange, may fit the description, may have a vehicle matching the general description.

Maybe they are running the story on local news? It makes me so anxious during these early moments when there's not more of a public push from LE but I guess they have their strategy.

WOAH! A suspect was identified? Got a linky to the FB page?

I don't know the owner but the fact he wasn't prepared to pay for cameras says a lot I wouldn't anticipate them putting up a reward of any significance. I hope I am wrong and that the guy finally realises he needs cameras ASAP.

I hope Exxon corporate put up some reward money.

One question would the gas station have a panic button to the local police station? It should have this at least maybe there wasn't time for Jessica to press it.

Normally at night in the gas stations here you are not allowed to go into the shop you go to a night window and served with glass in the way. Kind of like when a character visits someone in jail at the movies. The motorway ones here are open 24 hours and you can go inside the shop but at least three staff are on.

Welcome 46 guests. Please feel free to join the discussion with your local input / insight!

They are talking about boycotting the gas station now,until the owner installs camera.There are some upset residents right now and trying to get the news station to investigate.I understand all of this,but to me the most important thing right now is to find
Jessica.https://www.facebook.com/wzzm13?hc_location=stream

I agree sorry for my ranting about this it just makes me very angry people like Jessica are put unnecessarily at risk to save cash. I hope it's true they have a suspect in mind.

WOAH! A suspect was identified? Got a linky to the FB page?

it's a sketch but LE is not ready to release it yet.

Technically, no, we don't know who this person is yet. (and they have no one in custody)

I'm thinking of another potential factor here -- what if weekends v. weekdays are an issue for this guy? He has the home to himself for the weekend, works M-F, some other factor where tomorrow could become crucial?

I don't know... I'm really good at worrying....

Just a thought, shot in the dark, maybe a regular said "Come outside and look at my new car!" Any new purchases of grey or silver mini vans in the area?

I agree with the posts upstream that a minivan is a fairly odd vehicle for a male to drive, unless he has kids or its a work vehicle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow