Zahau Death Investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I can be knitpicky...so here is another one. We don't know WHEN that *advertiser censored* was viewed the day before (or of) Rebecca's murder. Actually, I'm not sure we have enough info either on how it was accessed. My points... we don't know if it was before Adam arrived or after. We also don't know, as far as I can tell if the computer was accessed remotely or directly. Why would AS be checking his flights the day he arrived? I believe he arrived about 3-4 pm that day (Tuesday).

I believe AB mentioned the date and timed during an interview but I do not have anything conclusive right now. As for why AS might check on his return flight... to tell someone when he would be returning and arrange a ride back to the airport plus time zones are confusing so I can certainly see why someone would double check.

the fact that "someone" searched for bondage etc. at some point is a huge red flag.. and then you add AS.

And can we ask a body language expert to please give us their impression of AS in this lie detector interview?

In the 48 page PDF document of the legal documents filed by the Zahau family's lawyer. It has a copy of the search warrant. On page 38/39 it states that the "following information was obtained through the interviews" that it was known on July 11th that MS would not recover from his injuries.

It was known the very day of MS's accident he would not recover.

I know I can be knitpicky...so here is another one. We don't know WHEN that *advertiser censored* was viewed the day before (or of) Rebecca's murder. Actually, I'm not sure we have enough info either on how it was accessed. My points... we don't know if it was before Adam arrived or after. We also don't know, as far as I can tell if the computer was accessed remotely or directly. Why would AS be checking his flights the day he arrived? I believe he arrived about 3-4 pm that day (Tuesday).

Oh now I can't provide a link but I just read that AB clarified. When they say accessed the computer. All they mean is that someone used that computer to access.. in other words sign into their Southwest account.... the computer for that particular bit of information was not accessed remotely... someone simply signed into a Southwest airlines account from that computer at the house.

From what I read in these latest legal documents the only two phones that they got information for was RZ and JS... I sure would like to see AS's records and see what *advertiser censored* sites he was accessing..... ugh

Oh now I can't provide a link but I just read that AB clarified. When they say accessed the computer. All they mean is that someone used that computer to access.. in other words sign into their Southwest account.... the computer for that particular bit of information was not accessed remotely... someone simply signed into a Southwest airlines account from that computer at the house.

On November 18, Anne Bremner stated on her Facebook page "Someone accessed Rebecca Zahau's computer from SW Airlines before she died. Someone also accessed her computer after she died."

On November 19, local news channel CBS8 stated in a phone interview with Bremner she confirmed there were a dozen searches using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" accessed on a computer in the mansion the day before Zahau's death. Bremner told CBS8 "It's important to the investigation because there is an image from anime called bond anime and it shows an Asian woman bound." Bremner also said it was not Zahau who looked at the content but that it may have been accessed by someone using an airline account.
http://voices.yahoo.com/rebecca-zahau-case-information-san-diego-police-10509305.html

clear as mud, right?

All I have found was in AR's book that it was within the previous 24 hours to RZ's death.

There is this...

"Attorney Anne Bremner discussed other aspects of the case, including her allegation that a computer in the mansion was used around 3 a.m. July 13. Authorities had concluded that's around the time that Zahau died"

from this article
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/zahau

All I have found was in AR's book that it was within the previous 24 hours to RZ's death.

There is this...

"Attorney Anne Bremner discussed other aspects of the case, including her allegation that a computer in the mansion was used around 3 a.m. July 13. Authorities had concluded that's around the time that Zahau died"

from this article
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/zahau

That is a different time that Rebecca's computer was thought to have been accessed, after her murder 3 am on Wednesday. SDSD claimed it was a cookie or something. It's not the Tuesday *advertiser censored*/airline account access we have been talking about.

Correct. The kitchen in the guest house is accessed directly from the living room and both ground floor bedrooms. AS could easily have made his own coffee in that kitchen as well as gotten a knife from there rather than go to the main house kitchen.

A body language expert would have a field day with AS' polygraph.

Of course, going to the main house he leaves fingerprints,shoeprints and in the poly....says matter of factly...opened the door in the back even though he just arrived 10 hours earlier and didn't leave the guest house until 6:30 am.

There are several "head scratchers" on Adam's intent to make coffee in the main house at 6:30 am and see if Rebecca wanted to grab breakfast.

a).Mary mentioned that during their phone conversation Tuesday night Becky said she was going to bring Jonah some fresh clothes and some breakfast early the next morning. Jonah probably discussed this with RZ at dinner or after with Adam present. Jonah confirmed the need for fresh clothes when talking to investigators on Wed. afternoon ,"I need a change of clothes,"Jonah said. "Can I go in and get some?" Ann Rule's book -page 196.
b).Adam called Rebecca the day before to inform her he was flying in from Memphis so why wouldn't he call/text to say he's coming over to make some coffee rather than just going over unannounced into the main house at such an early hour.
c).Adam said he'd taken an Ambien sleeping pill and gone to bed.He recalled getting up during the night to go the bathroom, and falling back to sleep until a quarter after six in the morning. He mentions pulling up a *advertiser censored* site on his iPhone.
"I wanted some breakfast," Adam told polygraper Redden,"and I showered and got dressed."

Why didn't ME Lucas describing the guest house and contents mention men's dirty/used clothes on one of the beds or on the floor along with contents of bathroom being used with towels,precription pills,etc.? All we were told.... items NOT connected to Adam....panties,wipes and the clear water.There wasn't even mention of taking the Diet 7 UP can in the SW that Adam said he drank Tuesday night.Hmm...

AB confirmed searches of Asian bondage *advertiser censored* was accessed on a computer the day before Becky's death. Since her TOD was July 13th, I think it is fair to assume AB is referring to some time on Tues, July 12th.

Snip -

On at least one of the computers, the forensic examination found *advertiser censored*, according to comments posted Friday evening on Bremner's Facebook page.

In a phone interview with News 8, Bremner later confirmed that more than a dozen searches of sexual content – using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" – were accessed on a computer the day before Zahau's death.

"It's important to the investigation because there is an image from anime, and its called bond anime and it shows an Asian women bound; at least her hands are bound behind her back," said the Seattle-based attorney.

Bremner said it was not Zahau who looked at the online content and suggested the computer may have been accessed by someone using an airline account.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/160836... censored*-found-on-coronado-mansion-computer

Not easy to discern certain AS' words at times. His thoughts often jump nonsensically. All corrections welcome:

News 8 Exclusive - The polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai

http://www.cbs8.com/story/22221589/...raph-exam-of-adam-shacknai?clienttype=generic

Date: 7/13/2011
Time video begins: 7:33:17PM

AS: I think.. I got to reach her and realized I wasn't going to be able to get her off without a knife. You know I tried -- I realized -- quite quickly. You know I realized this thing will happen like this. I went around the back into the house which the door was open. I got a knife with the butcher block thing -- came back out -- cut her down -- and tried called 9-1-1 shortly thereafter -- if not before.

PR: OK. Did you at any point think she was alive?

AS: I'm well.. you know. Call me a can-do person or something -- but -- probably not. But I thought, how would I answer -- for this if I didn't try something. I'm a responsible person.

PR: OK. Tried some CPR?

AS: Yeah

PR: OK. Have you been trained in that? With the boat stuff?

AS: Years and years ago. Not enough to amount to anything.

PR: OK. So, tried some CPR. Now -- and so -- was there anything else unusual? What kind of chain (unintelligible?) was it, like a bed sheet or what?

AS: It was a ******ing rope, man. Red rope. Unless my memory is failing me, you know, something -- it wasn't just something that you would be laying around, somewhere. I wouldn't think.

PR: Alright. So could you tell whether it was a material or something?

AS: Kinda like a Kevlar, synthetic

PR: OK. Like nylon...

PR: Or something like that?

PR: OK, and -- so what, there were no shoes, not a stitch on?

AS: Not that I recall

PR: So her hands were hanging down by her side then?

AS: I don't know because here's the thing. I don't remember about her hands. Because after I cut her down I went to take her pulse -- you know -- at some point, which I didn't even do at first. I remember having to get something out of the way -- of her hands -- and that's why I've been asking these detectives and stuff if she was tied up or what. I mean I'm like, I'm kind of in all a blur [cross talk]...

PR: Blur yeah.

AS: You know but -- but I remember having to move something to try to get her pulse out of the way -- you know very much [cross talk]

PR: You don't remember anything unusual?

AS: I don't remember that, but I just -- I fear -- I hope to God she wasn't tied up but -- and again -- I asked the detectives there -- you know -- I don't recall.

PR: Now as far as the CPR. You did the chest compressions and you did blow in her mouth, in her nose?

AS: I got the -- once I got 9-1-1 on the line, I went ahead and blew in her mouth.

PR: OK. And her mouth was open and clear and everything?

AS: I didn't even do all that at first. I should have. I didn't. I didn't do that tilt. I think they said tilt the head back and do that. I didn't do any of that stuff.

PR: OK

AS: I just put my mouth over hers and said **** it, it's my brother's girlfriend and I'll do it. And I did it.

PR: And there was no tape across her mouth or anything like this?

AS: No. There was a ******ing gag in her mouth though.

PR: A gag in her mouth?

PR: What was that?

AS: Something, yeah. I had to pull something out of her ****ing mouth. It was like a blue scarf.

[time stamp jumps from 7:36:54PM to 7:40:29PM]

PR: Does it seem to you like it's a suicide then at that point?

AS: YES ABSOLUTELY [AS sits forward in chair, then leans back]

PR: OK, and what makes you think that?

AS: It's just what crossed my mind you know -- just because -- I thought she was THERE, when Max got hurt,supposedly. UM UM -- you know maybe she just can't LIVE with it, you know. I've never been in that situation. I'm not going to -- I can't say that I could, especially if it was someone else's kid, you know.

PR: Did she seem suicidal or anything like that?

AS: No. I don't get -- you know, I mean -- you just don't ever think of that.

[time stamp jumps from 7:40:29PM to 8:11:49PM]

PR: Look straight ahead listen and concentrate on each question.

AS: OK

PR: Only respond yes or no

PR: But the most important thing of all is what?

AS: Be honest?

PR: That's it. Be honest, don't lie, be honest in your answers [unintelligible]

PR: Regarding the death of Rebecca, do you know for sure if anyone did anything to hurt her that resulted in her death?

AS: No

PR: Regarding the death of Rebecca, did you yourself do anything to her that resulted in her death?

PR: Regarding the death of Rebecca, were you in that guest room that she was found hanging from at any time during the night?

[time stamp jumps from 8:22:47PM to 8:40:19PM]

PR: These are hard tests to do when you're this close to what's going on here like you said...

PR: Because it's hard to get rid of that emotional factor

AS: Right

PR: Um, and you could have done a whole lot worse on the test (AS shakes head). And you could have done a whole lot better too.

AS: (makes a psshoo sound - snaps finger)

PR: Based on what I've got here -- we're kind of in the inconclusive range. But it clearly doesn't bother me that much, because I think that if you were (unintelligible) that close, there is no way I could prevent you from giving me SOME reaction. But as far as being involved in it, I am not INCLINED to believe that. Um, but you're definitely not flunking my test, so that's kinda -- somewhat of a good thing.

[Time stamp jumps from 8:41:44PM to 8:44:44PM]

PR: Appreciate your cooperation. I know it's a tough thing to do and certainly appreciate you working with us on this. Wasn't so bad, was it?

AS: It was.

PR: It wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be though?

PR: It was?

AS: Yeah.

[Time stamp ends 8:44:56PM]

-----------------------------

There were 10 questions. The video only includes 3 of them. Within the first 12 hours Rebecca's death was being investigated as a homicide. AS discovered her body, thus any investigation would consider him a POI. Why is Mr Redden so darn appreciative and accommodating to AS?! Will comment more on this under separate comment.

Because it really looked like a suicide right? I'm sorry, but I think it's unconscionable that this family is basically accusing AS of murdering RZ. And I find it revolting how easily people can be incited. Thank God we have a justice system so we're not depending on some random person's "smell test". How dare anyone actually think they would know how to react or what to say after finding their brother's girlfriend naked and dead hanging from a rope. Seriously people. It's not as if there's a drill to practice that. Does anyone even care what kind of trauma he might have been experiencing? I believe AS has been through quite enough. This is shameful.

I understand you used the word "basically", however the Zahau's have NEVER named any of the persons surrounding this case as a POI, suspect or murderer. Seriously, shameful is leaving a dead body exposed in the hot sun for the whole world to see for 11 hours. That is shameful!

I would like to know if <modsnip> had any sailing experience and if he taught her how to tie off boats as well. The earliest reports in this case where that of seeing A woman walking away from the scene.

I understand you used the word "basically", however the Zahau's have NEVER named any of the persons surrounding this case as a POI, suspect or murderer. Seriously, shameful is leaving a dead body exposed in the hot sun for the whole world to see for 11 hours. That is shameful!

I remember watching the live feed; as it happened and they moved the table from upstairs to downstairs, carrying it by it's side. They were all dressed and gloved from head to toe. This case is no suicide. JMHO; the message on the wall was it written in lipstick or blood i have forgotten. :(

Because it really looked like a suicide right? I'm sorry, but I think it's unconscionable that this family is basically accusing AS of murdering RZ. And I find it revolting how easily people can be incited. Thank God we have a justice system so we're not depending on some random person's "smell test". How dare anyone actually think they would know how to react or what to say after finding their brother's girlfriend naked and dead hanging from a rope. Seriously people. It's not as if there's a drill to practice that. Does anyone even care what kind of trauma he might have been experiencing? I believe AS has been through quite enough. This is shameful.

I have never had the idea that the family was accusing Adam of murdering RZ. I do think most people see his behavior as odd and hinky. For me, I still think <modsnip> was the main culprit and can't figure out what, if any role, Adam played. However, I don't think there is anything shameful at all about questioning Adam's behavior - it really lies outside the norm to say the least. And often in homicide cases, the 911 call is very informative since so many suspects are actually the one who calls.

I would like to know if his ex wife had any sailing experience and if he taught her how to tie off boats as well. The earliest reports in this case where that of seeing A woman walking away from the scene.

Hi Cherry!

I believe <modsnip> likely had plenty of boating experience not only with <modsnip>, but also <modsnip>

Snip-

He enjoyed traditional Italian family dinners, a great game of poker, playing with his favorite dogs Brownie and Sophie, yachting in Coronado, and reminiscing with his family about his "good ol' days with the boys from Bernal Heights". More than anything else, spending time with his daughters and their families always made him the most proud and joyful.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/ROMANO-Eugenio-Gene-2609170.php#ixzz2TBh0Og67

No one is accusing AS of anything and certainly not the Zahau family. They are seeking all the evidence in this case in search of the blasted TRUTH of what happened to Rebecca, and to Max. Unlike Dina who has blatantly accused RZ and/or XZ of homicide, the Zahau family's posture from day one has been extremely dignified.

How would you feel in their shoes? What they have gone through while every door has been slammed in their face is beyond despicable. Don't get me started...
:stormingmad:

Not easy to discern certain AS' words at times. His thoughts often jump nonsensically. All corrections welcome:

News 8 Exclusive - The polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai

http://www.cbs8.com/story/22221589/...raph-exam-of-adam-shacknai?clienttype=generic

Date: 7/13/2011
Time video begins: 7:33:17PM

AS: I think.. I got to reach her and realized I wasn't going to be able to get her off without a knife. You know I tried -- I realized -- quite quickly. You know I realized this thing will happen like this. I went around the back into the house which the door was open. I got a knife with the butcher block thing -- came back out -- cut her down -- and tried called 9-1-1 shortly thereafter -- if not before.

PR: OK. Did you at any point think she was alive?

AS: I'm well.. you know. Call me a can-do person or something -- but -- probably not. But I thought, how would I answer -- for this if I didn't try something. I'm a responsible person.

PR: OK. Tried some CPR?

PR: OK. Have you been trained in that? With the boat stuff?

AS: Years and years ago. Not enough to amount to anything.

PR: OK. So, tried some CPR. Now -- and so -- was there anything else unusual? What kind of chain (unintelligible?) was it, like a bed sheet or what?

AS: It was a ******ing rope, man. Red rope. Unless my memory is failing me, you know, something -- it wasn't just something that you would be laying around, somewhere. I wouldn't think.

PR: Alright. So could you tell whether it was a material or something?

AS: Kinda like a Kevlar, synthetic

PR: OK. Like nylon...

PR: Or something like that?

PR: OK, and -- so what, there were no shoes, not a stitch on?

AS: Not that I recall

PR: So her hands were hanging down by her side then?

AS: I don't know because here's the thing. I don't remember about her hands. Because after I cut her down I went to take her pulse -- you know -- at some point, which I didn't even do at first. I remember having to get something out of the way -- of her hands -- and that's why I've been asking these detectives and stuff if she was tied up or what. I mean I'm like, I'm kind of in all a blur [cross talk]...

PR: Blur yeah.

AS: You know but -- but I remember having to move something to try to get her pulse out of the way -- you know very much [cross talk]

PR: You don't remember anything unusual?

AS: I don't remember that, but I just -- I fear -- I hope to God she wasn't tied up but -- and again -- I asked the detectives there -- you know -- I don't recall.

PR: Now as far as the CPR. You did the chest compressions and you did blow in her mouth, in her nose?

AS: I got the -- once I got 9-1-1 on the line, I went ahead and blew in her mouth.

PR: OK. And her mouth was open and clear and everything?

AS: I didn't even do all that at first. I should have. I didn't. I didn't do that tilt. I think they said tilt the head back and do that. I didn't do any of that stuff.

PR: OK

AS: I just put my mouth over hers and said **** it, it's my brother's girlfriend and I'll do it. And I did it.

PR: And there was no tape across her mouth or anything like this?

AS: No. There was a ******ing gag in her mouth though.

PR: A gag in her mouth?

PR: What was that?

AS: Something, yeah. I had to pull something out of her ****ing mouth. It was like a blue scarf.

[time stamp jumps from 7:36:54PM to 7:40:29PM]

PR: Does it seem to you like it's a suicide then at that point?

AS: YES ABSOLUTELY [AS sits forward in chair, then leans back]

PR: OK, and what makes you think that?

AS: It's just what crossed my mind you know -- just because -- I thought she was THERE, when Max got hurt,supposedly. UM UM -- you know maybe she just can't LIVE with it, you know. I've never been in that situation. I'm not going to -- I can't say that I could, especially if it was someone else's kid, you know.

PR: Did she seem suicidal or anything like that?

AS: No. I don't get -- you know, I mean -- you just don't ever think of that.

[time stamp jumps from 7:40:29PM to 8:11:49PM]

PR: Look straight ahead listen and concentrate on each question.

PR: Only respond yes or no

PR: But the most important thing of all is what?

AS: Be honest?

PR: That's it. Be honest, don't lie, be honest in your answers [unintelligible]

PR: Regarding the death of Rebecca, do you know for sure if anyone did anything to hurt her that resulted in her death?

PR: Regarding the death of Rebecca, did you yourself do anything to her that resulted in her death?

PR: Regarding the death of Rebecca, were you in that guest room that she was found hanging from at any time during the night?

[time stamp jumps from 8:22:47PM to 8:40:19PM]

PR: These are hard tests to do when you're this close to what's going on here like you said...

PR: Because it's hard to get rid of that emotional factor

AS: Right

PR: Um, and you could have done a whole lot worse on the test (AS shakes head). And you could have done a whole lot better too.

AS: (makes a psshoo sound - snaps finger)

PR: Based on what I've got here -- we're kind of in the inconclusive range. But it clearly doesn't bother me that much, because I think that if you were (unintelligible) that close, there is no way I could prevent you from giving me SOME reaction. But as far as being involved in it, I am not INCLINED to believe that. Um, but you're definitely not flunking my test, so that's kinda -- somewhat of a good thing.

[Time stamp jumps from 8:41:44PM to 8:44:44PM]

PR: Appreciate your cooperation. I know it's a tough thing to do and certainly appreciate you working with us on this. Wasn't so bad, was it?

PR: It wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be though?

PR: It was?

AS: Yeah.

[Time stamp ends 8:44:56PM]

-----------------------------

There were 10 questions. The video only includes 3 of them. Within the first 12 hours Rebecca's death was being investigated as a homicide. AS discovered her body, thus any investigation would consider him a POI. Why is Mr Redden so darn appreciative and accommodating to AS?! Will comment more on this under separate comment.

Thanks for transcribing this, Carioca! Good job! :)

BBM The polygraph exam was reported to be 2 hours. We've only been provided with bits and pieces it appears. I'd like to see the entire video. Can someone obtain the full polygraph video via FOIA?

I was also commenting to friends IRL that the polygrapher seems unprofessionally partial and favorable to, and overly friendly towards Adam, like he was praising and trying hard to appease Adam. From all the other polygraphs I've seen done for suspicious deaths, polygraphers were NEUTRAL and OBJECTIVE, don't make friendly comments or reveal the results of the polygraph to the person taking the polygraph, a POI. I'm very curious why in this case, the polygrapher Redden seemed biased and excessively fawning and accommodating towards Adam...Redden reveals to Adam that Adam didn't do that badly in the polygraph, and then outright tells the POI Adam he didn't believe Adam did anything to Rebecca. VERY SUSPICIOUS OBSEQUIOUS CONDUCT on Redden's part. Clearly this is NOT the norm when LE asks a polygrapher to do a lie-detector test on a POI of a violent, suspicious death!

Of course I do recall police chum Paul Pfingst (the prior ADA for SD county who's now a defense lawyer) called the police precinct and spoke with police and directly with Adam at around 5pm-6pm Tues right before Adam takes this polygraph. Certainly Paul Pfingst's injection of himself into the investigation is at minimum a conflict of interest and at worst, obstruction of justice.

Is it possible for the FBI to take over the Zahau case given what appears to be major conflicts of interest and misconduct by LE, polygraphers, Paul Pfingst, etc.? How can the public trust the authorities in this case when there appears so much impropriety by the persons in charge of the investigation?

The PDF was HUGE, so have attached just the first 7 pages of the document.

RSBM

Link to your attachment "Zahau family vs Gore & Wagner":
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33629&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1368154714

From your attached link on page 2, line 10 and page 3, line 20 and 24:
The items sought include, but are not limited to, the following:
G. Access to technical evidence, including but not limited to the following:
iii. Ropes, knives, paintbrushes, the door with writing on it, the candle and other items seized, for forensic analysis.

So does the above mean that LE still has THE door? TIA

So does the above mean that LE still has THE door? TIA

i wondered the same thing. I thought it was given back and repainted. There was a lot of discussion about that back then as I know you remember. But I can't remember where that info came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring