04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Jodi say at one point that she was planning on returning the books she had in the box with the knives to MM because the books belonged to him and that is why she rented the car. I think he was the next victim. Since she admitted he betrayed her, I'm sure he knew "too much information." I seriously think she would have killed him in the blink of an eye and went on her merry way. jmo

IIRC, during the Flores interviews she also said the knives in the car belonged to DB and she was going to return them. hmmm, wonder how many gas cans were in the car by then?

Thank you for the link. It's really a 'WOW' moment to actually see the gas can lined up like that. And, as pointed out in the video, gas cans that heavy don't help save any gas!

:seeya: You're welcome, rose !

I tell ya, it was a "wow" moment for me when I first saw it, and I think it would be a "wow" moment for the jury -- no doubt they are BORED to tears with the DT ...

:drumroll: Maybe Juan could get in touch with the adorable Mike Galanos and borrow the cans from him to demonstrate for the jury :floorlaugh:

:seeya:

God, we've been waiting 4 days :sigh: She better not start late. :waiting:

What time is it, lol

I agree that finances played a big role in Jodi's anger. I think she blamed Travis for her situation. She was planning for him to "rescue" her from her previous life and she was trying to grab onto his seemingly grand lifestyle of travel, etc.

I recall something else she said to Detective Flores, to the effect of...one time I was allowed to be there, at Travis' home to watch Napoleon. I had full house run of the house, I was allowed to sleep in his bed, eat in the kitchen, everything.

It seemed so odd that she was rather in awe of being allowed those things.

Also I recall Dr. Samuels saying that Jodi compared herself to Travis and thought of him as far superior as to his lifestyle, standing in the community and financial situation. When I looked at the photos of her tiny bedroom at her grandparents home, with milk crates , etc. compared to Travis' home, it was clear that in her mind she would have been marrying up to get him.
She was no working photographer, she was a waitress, who worked part time.

I laughed aloud when she said they split the cost of their trips right down the middle. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I have a pretty good income and I certainly do not get to go on a mini vacation several times a year. Moreover if I were dating a man and he asked me to pay dutch for anything, I would KNOW he had no sincere interest in "courting" me as she misuses the word. If he felt so sorry for her , that he paid her for maid services, clearly she could not afford to pay half of anything. The jury did not just fall of the turnip truck.

Rather than just trying to meet a nice guy in Yreka when she moved back home, she was hitching her star to the guy she perceived as the next rising star in PPL. I have no doubt she would have moved to his town, without haste, with the smallest bit of encouragement from him. What woman drives miles and miles to go meet up with a guy that wants to date them? If Ryan really wanted to see Jodi, he would have made the trip her way. I trust the jury knows this was all just an alibi in the making. She said she owed everyone money, her mom and pop, her grandparents, her friends. How dare she take trips? If one of my friends owed me money, yet they were out on vacations, renting cars, getting their nails done, sight seeing rather than paying me back first, I would not be friends with them.

She was totally broke and desperate, like at the end of the hallway. I do believe she stole money from Travis at his home that day. Of course she did.

Hello Everyone!:seeya:

Lurking for a while, decided to drop in and say hi!

I felt compelled to bring this up right away, so please give me just a moment of your time. I promise I won't ramble on and on for days on end about stories that don't matter or pertain to this subject. So here goes.

I feel SO bad that I have been reading all of your posts with your inner thoughts, I just wanted to say...I'm sorry. I feel like I have invaded everyone's trust, so I needed to get that off my chest right away. I take everyone's word very seriously and I haven't seen anyone lying in their posts (although one could say, if you lie, you're not a liar) but who am I to judge, I'm not a human lie detector! Please also note that although there has been a lot of "naughty" talk on these threads, I will not ask any questions to you all about that subject, even though it would be extremely important at times for you to clarify, as I am OLD FASHIONED, and I may get a bit embarrassed about it.

One more thing about me I feel you all need to know. I have not been sneaking my iPad or laptop in through my doggy door, or into my closet, or for that matter, haven't laid under the Christmas tree lurking on these threads (although, at the rate this trial is moving along, I might lay under my own Christmas tree in December and read for a while) :floorlaugh:

****Please note: I am not getting paid $250 and hour to research these threads, and will not get paid $300 an hour for giving my opinion on these boards.***

On a serious note, I have enjoyed all your posts, and will continue to do so. Thanks for having me!

Stephanie

:seeya: Hello and :welcome: :welcome:

IMO educating a child shouldn't cost 15k per child a year. It's laughable. The money is being wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and the big bucks going to pencil pushers and execs and fraud. Our entire school district here went down in a ball of scandal flames this last year. Even made National news.

I felt compelled to bring this up right away, so please give me just a moment of your time. I promise I won't ramble on and on for days on end about stories that don't matter or pertain to this subject. So here goes.

I feel SO bad that I have been reading all of your posts with your inner thoughts, I just wanted to say...I'm sorry. I feel like I have invaded everyone's trust, so I needed to get that off my chest right away. I take everyone's word very seriously and I haven't seen anyone lying in their posts (although one could say, if you lie, you're not a liar) but who am I to judge, I'm not a human lie detector! Please also note that although there has been a lot of "naughty" talk on these threads, I will not ask any questions to you all about that subject, even though it would be extremely important at times for you to clarify, as I am OLD FASHIONED, and I may get a bit embarrassed about it.

One more thing about me I feel you all need to know. I have not been sneaking my iPad or laptop in through my doggy door, or into my closet, or for that matter, haven't laid under the Christmas tree lurking on these threads (although, at the rate this trial is moving along, I might lay under my own Christmas tree in December and read for a while) :floorlaugh:

****Please note: I am not getting paid $250 and hour to research these threads, and will not get paid $300 an hour for giving my opinion on these boards.***

On a serious note, I have enjoyed all your posts, and will continue to do so. Thanks for having me!

Stephanie

Welcome out of Lurkyville Stephanie! Great first post...

:wagon:

G'morning guys. It was nice to take a couple of days to do some other normal stuff. One day I managed to wander around Home Depot's garden section forever and pick out some flowers. I love this time of year so much!

Then yesterday I went with my DD to look at wedding dresses. I've always thought those moms on tv were being overly dramatic when they cry seeing their girls in a certain dress but yesterday she kept parading out in dress after dress and I'd think " meh that ones okay' but then she came out in 'The One' I felt my face get hot and my nose was stingy and I had to fight back tears to not be embarrassed in the bridal shop. You could just see all over her how beautiful she felt. :)

Buuut here I am at half past nine again checking the clock constantly, reading on WS and refreshing once I reach the bottom. Hurry up 11;30! We do have a 9:30 pst start today, don't we? I'm feeling a tad bit addicted here.

That is a very special moment. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. I went thru it just 2 years ago. Enjoy the ride as it is just the best. Yes 9:30 AZ start time. Your only a tad addicted? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I'm a full fledged card carrying lifer here LOL.

Stephanie

:welcome5:

"
>>>might also be a play to see if Now JM would settle for 2nd degree, which they previously offered
Respectfully snipped.

That the defense has filed a motion in no way changes the facts of the case. JM's case is strong. If anything, the DT sees that it's being well-received and that their client is facing conviction.

JM is NOT going to be willing to settle for 2nd degree when it's obvious to him---and now to the world---that it's a 1st degree murder that should carry nothing less than LWOP.

Their game-playing does not change things one whit.

Agree Shelley. But, I also agree with Linda that it's incredibly aggravating to pay incredibly high taxes (as we do in our city/county) to educate the next generation only to find the money being horribly mismanaged and the kids getting short shrift in terms of the quality of that education. Burns my hide as well. I'd happily pay MORE if funds were spent on quality academic programs and teachers instead of another $300k a year "administrator." But I digress...

I would add if it comes to educating our kids vs. educating Jodi in prison...easy choice for me!

I'm not surprised she expects this. She thinks she controls the Universe. Hate to admit the Schaedenfreude but it makes her check in to death row that's coming all the sweeter.

Maybe she still believes "The Secret" will magically get her out of this. ;)

God, we've been waiting 4 days :sigh: She better not start late. :waiting:

What time is it, lol
I wouldn't count on testimony starting at 9:30 a.m. AZ time. It's possible Judge Stephens will hear arguments on motions filed by the defense team.

Alright so do we have a decision on the Surrebuttal??? PLEASE NO!!! and the lesser included?? That scares the carp out of me.

Is it me or is the DT just plain dumb??? Juan is going to eat this guy as an appetizer!!! :jail::floorlaugh:

Put yourself in their shoes. Your client admits killing the deceased. Your client gives you three different reasons why she murdered the deceased. Your client wants to defend herself because no one wants the case. The only expert witnesses that dare show are gullible bleeding hearts that are willing to give it a go. I believe it would take a very devoted person to go against these odds IMO.

And she looks so much like Travis. It hurts me physically to see Travis' family in so much pain. Justice is fast approaching though...

Rose-I'm in complete agreement!! :seeya: My heart goes out to his family. I am with you.....Justice is fast approaching!!!!! I'm such a firm believer!!! :rocker:

Can anyone explain the story with Jodi being caught hiding behind a Christmas tree and the stolen ring??? :please: Pretty please!!! I wonder why we never heard of these before now and only now it's being allowed into court?

This might have already been aswered but I have not came across the correct post.

Thank you very much I appreciate it :rocker:

From what I've heard/read ---- Travis had a Christmas party and a full house of guest. Arias came uninvited and unannounced. Travis allotted his bed for 2 of his guest (2 females I think) and he was staying in his office. There was literally no room for Arias and for some reason....she ended up sleeping under the Christmas tree. Not sure if she was told to leave or what.

The ring was an engagement ring meant for someone earlier in his life. Deena? Lisa? Not sure and not sure why Travis still had it but, he did and Arias took it.

I'm sure there's MUCH more that hasn't been revealed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub