04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully suggest that we refrain from discussions about funding public schools, Joe Arpaio, and other political issues. Not all of us share the same opinions on political matters, and bringing this stuff up just seems very off topic and has the potential to derail the discussion this section of the board is intended for: the trial of Jodi Arias. YMMV.

Who is joe arpaio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry about that kaydono. ((((( Hugs to you)))))

AWW thanks. I was so focused on getting my parents thru it that i neglected my own pain. eventually i vented and had some friend therapy and it got easier to deal with.

I'd like to know where that restaurant was. When Jodi met Travis she was living with Darryl in their co-owned home in Palm Desert, CA. Palm Desert is a straight 4 hr. drive to Mesa on I-10 E... the same I-10 E JA drove way out of her way from Yreka to get to in Pasadena on June 4....the same I-10 in Pasadena which is two hrs. east of ALV's home in Long Beach. Another strike against ALV imo is her certain knowledge, having lived and worked near I-10 for decades, of how damning JA's murder route planning was.

Also Yoruba Linda where Gus lives.

Aww that's so nice. I was with Samantha last night and she expressed how much Websleuths has been "unbelievably supportive" :).

Not going today , it's my brothers birthday! I'll go tomorrow and thurs though. I'm hanging up my notebook though..explained in the observer thread. I'm actually not that well right now in terms of my usual vitality so had to make some hard decisions. Thanks for asking. :)
All will be right with you and yours and we are always here for you!

God, we've been waiting 4 days :sigh: She better not start late. :waiting:

What time is it, lol

My guess is they start in chambers, discussing shelves, psychologists, Walmart, Tesoro, heat of passion, manslaughter, protein bars or, of course, migraine headaches.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/06/man-who-gave-jodi-money-visit-travis-speaks-out

The day before she left, she was pretty frantic that she had to go back and see Travis," Paul Stern said, not knowing what fateful event was about to occur in Arizona. “She talked about how [Travis] was seeing other people and she asked to borrow money and I gave her money.”

In the video accompanying this statement he says she paid him back. I wonder how much she borrowed? Where did she get the money to pay him back? I BELIEVE she stole every penny Travis had the day she killed him. I would love to find out if any money was found in Travis' wallet. And why this guy was not called as a witness? So many unanswered ????'s in this case

It has continued to bother me that Jodi was very hard up (no pun intended) for money on her last road trip yet she purchased not One but Two facial cleansers when she bought the gas cans at Wally World...
Also, Mormons don't drink caffeine so why was she always stopping at Starbucks?

From what I've heard/read ---- Travis had a Christmas party and a full house of guest. Arias came uninvited and unannounced. Travis allotted his bed for 2 of his guest (2 females I think) and he was staying in his office. There was literally no room for Arias and for some reason....she ended up sleeping under the Christmas tree. Not sure if she was told to leave or what.

The ring was an engagement ring meant for someone earlier in his life. Deena? Lisa? Not sure and not sure why Travis still had it but, he did and Arias took it.

I'm sure there's MUCH more that hasn't been revealed yet.

I heard over the weekend somewhere the ring was meant for someone named Linda. ( wasn't me)

Can someone please explain how this could be a heat of passion when she bought a gun & knife to take with her on her camping trip? Did she think she would run into another heat of passion moment with strange men????
IMO they are trying to confuse the jury. I can't see this fitting in with all the other evidence they have on her.

Looks like to me that JA did not like the jury's questions. So now she has come up with story number 4. :banghead:

Alright so do we have a decision on the Surrebuttal??? PLEASE NO!!! and the lesser included?? That scares the carp out of me.

I think the judge will allow the surrebuttal, if she doesn't I will poop a chicken. She has cowed down to the defense over and over again, I think she is very afraid of making a mistake in her first death penalty case.

In a democratic society the population need to be able to read and write. The schools are for educating EVERYONE'S kids-not just yours. I have ZERO kids and I gladly pay my school taxes.

Shelly..I either homeschooled or had in private schools 7 kids. Same with grandgirls. Everyone can't, or shouldn't, do either..and I want a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn. The taxes that go to schools are actually pretty small.

Here in NC I still run into older folks who never learned to read or write. I was a scribe for several years, writing letters and cards to family of nursing home residents. Before computers..waay before..

During Flores interrogation of her, there are a couple of remarks by Jodi that I thought were interesting.

Video 12
27:49
DF: That’s the first thing I was thinking about was, when she left here, she barely missed his roommates, or maybe his roommates came home and just didn’t hear her.
28:07
JA: Did they hear anybody at all in the house?

If Travis was already dead they wouldn't have heard him and if she was already gone....then why ask if they heard "anybody"? Just fishing for info, or was she still in the house?

Video 13
02:24
DF: What was the purpose of the visit, the same as before?
(Silence)
02:40
JA: I’m just starting to remember. I’m just trying to remember that week, that whole week, and the week prior had a lot to do with it… the weekend or Friday night prior, I think.

I wonder what happened that Friday night. Travis texted her May 26, the gun was stolen May 28 and Friday was May 30. LaViolette said that their text messages between May 30 and June 2 were normal so it had to have occurred during their many phone calls.

Maybe....after his hateful text she was furious, stole the gun with thoughts of doing him harm and as the days went by and she talked to him, it started to get through to her that he was truly serious about ending their relationship and those thoughts went from furious to intense hatred. Once she reached that state, he ceased to matter to her and she could calmly plan his demise, butcher him and not blink doing it.

Excellent observations Neighbor2013, and welcome to our group.

:wagon:

I also wonder if maybe she was leaving the option open for a reconciliation and invitation to Cancun. But, the more I think about it, the more I think she was going to kill him no matter what.

Good morning.
Does anyone know if a hearing is scheduled this a.m. before court begins?
Thanks!

P.S. Back from my second TO. I've got a post-it on my screen reminding me to watch what I say.......I mean....what I type.

Aww that's so nice. I was with Samantha last night and she expressed how much Websleuths has been "unbelievably supportive" :).

Not going today , it's my brothers birthday! I'll go tomorrow and thurs though. I'm hanging up my notebook though..explained in the observer thread. I'm actually not that well right now in terms of my usual vitality so had to make some hard decisions. Thanks for asking. :)

Planning some fun activities for his birthday, or just sticking to relaxing QT with him to celebrate?

Hello Everyone!:seeya:

Lurking for a while, decided to drop in and say hi!

I felt compelled to bring this up right away, so please give me just a moment of your time. I promise I won't ramble on and on for days on end about stories that don't matter or pertain to this subject. So here goes.

I feel SO bad that I have been reading all of your posts with your inner thoughts, I just wanted to say...I'm sorry. I feel like I have invaded everyone's trust, so I needed to get that off my chest right away. I take everyone's word very seriously and I haven't seen anyone lying in their posts (although one could say, if you lie, you're not a liar) but who am I to judge, I'm not a human lie detector! Please also note that although there has been a lot of "naughty" talk on these threads, I will not ask any questions to you all about that subject, even though it would be extremely important at times for you to clarify, as I am OLD FASHIONED, and I may get a bit embarrassed about it.

One more thing about me I feel you all need to know. I have not been sneaking my iPad or laptop in through my doggy door, or into my closet, or for that matter, haven't laid under the Christmas tree lurking on these threads (although, at the rate this trial is moving along, I might lay under my own Christmas tree in December and read for a while) :floorlaugh:

****Please note: I am not getting paid $250 and hour to research these threads, and will not get paid $300 an hour for giving my opinion on these boards.***

On a serious note, I have enjoyed all your posts, and will continue to do so. Thanks for having me!

Stephanie
welcome!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

you are going to fit right in and we are glad you are here!!!!:rocker::drumroll:

IMO educating a child shouldn't cost 15k per child a year. It's laughable. The money is being wasted.

The public schools have to take all comers. That means austistc kids, kids with low IQ's, kids with learning disabilities, kids with severe behavior/emotional problems. Many of these kids have to educated in small special education classes. It costs a lot more to provide these classes because of the teacher/student ratio. And there are usually teacher's aides in these special ed classes.
What should society do with all these children that need special help to be able to learn? Throw them out on the sidewalk?

Shelly..I either homeschooled or had in private schools 7 kids. Same with grandgirls. Everyone can't, or shouldn't, do either..and I want a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn. The taxes that go to schools are actually pretty small.

Here in NC I still run into older folks who never learned to read or write. I was a scribe for several years, writing letters and cards to family of nursing home residents. Before computers..waay before..

Not small where I live.

It has continued to bother me that Jodi was very hard up (no pun intended) for money on her last road trip yet she purchased not One but Two facial cleansers when she bought the gas cans at Wally World...
Also, Mormons don't drink caffeine so why was she always stopping at Starbucks?

Maybe she had money stashed here and there from whatever nefarious activities, but still preferred to live off people. Or she had money for Starbucks and gas, etc., but not for rent and such.

ETA. Great point about her Mormanism...I bet it was all for show around certain people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub