04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah really....how many defenses is one entitled too?

as many as to set JA free???? :jail: as many as JA says- she's the Einstein, Saint Jodi, always right, doesn't lie on the stand, etc. etc. etc. :floorlaugh:

Put yourself in their shoes. Your client admits killing the deceased. Your client gives you three different reasons why she murdered the deceased. Your client wants to defend herself because no one wants the case. The only expert witnesses that dare show are gullible bleeding hearts that are willing to give it a go. I believe it would take a very devoted person to go against these odds IMO.

JA did not give three different REASONS ... she gave three different SCENARIOS. And this new one is yet another scenario.

I think she believes she can get away with anything because she has been allowed so much leeway over the past 5 years, and doesn't have anyone telling her that she can't do that.

All expert witnesses had to give their qualifications in excruciating detail before the court could accept their evidence. Other witnesses (friends of Travis) were prevented from saying everything which was relevant because it would be too prejudicial (though being TRUE!!).

Yet Jodi could get on the stand and say absolutely anything and her word would be taken as "factual" and "truthful". She was not prevented from saying anything!

So, from her narrow perspective, she can do no wrong. Changing her story is like breathing. It just comes naturally to her.

Unfortunately, normal people can see right through all the BS, but we have to play her game.

I still have the utmost confidence in JM. Dealing with psychos like Jodi in court is like breathing to him. It just comes naturally to Juan.

Hello everyone. With yet another hearing, it makes me miss Belvin Perry. He had the attorneys come in early to handle motions so that the jury would not be inconvenienced and that their time would be respected. I wish this judge would be more concerned about the time of the jury. This motion could have been heard yesterday, this nit making the jury suit in the jury room waiting and wondering what the holdup is this time.

Can someone post a link to that photo please? I have not seen it.

If this is not allowed then I apologise.

Ditto for me as well.

Does anyone know if the jury has seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for warm the :welcome:

Although I really hope JSS won't allow the sur-rebuttal, I'm thinking she will let it in. I wonder if JM will then get another turn, since its the norm for the state to have the last word.

I also am thinking that she may wait to make a ruling on the motion, since JM still has more rebuttal case, she may want to wait and see what else the defense team will come up. (We all know they will want to refute his whole rebuttal) :banghead:

I do not think the judge is going to allow it, since Dr. DeMarte did not change her written opinion that the defense has had for a very long time now in her report. This was no gotcha by the state. It was all set out, according to the discovery rules. This is not JM's first rodeo. Even if the judge does allow it, just know that JM will mop the floor with the doctor they are proposing as a witness. He is hardly an unbiased witness, as he wrote the forward to ALV book. Epic fail. http://youtu.be/GbchoNyo40s

I think this trial would have went a complete different direction with a different judge IMO
She seems to have no back bone and very little regard for this poor jury.

:rocker: I totally agree ... and I think we would be discussing the "verdict" right now instead of "rebuttal" ...

However, I will say this : I do see judge getting more and more frustrated than she usual does ... She was really p'd with Alyce LaV and the DT ...

She needs to get this show on the road ...

:moo:

We don't really know yet but it appears so. They want crime of passion /manslaughter as one of the options for the jury to consider.

Personally, I don't have a problem with them putting any and all lesser offenses as options for this jury. Their questions have shown that they are smart, sensible folks and I have faith that they will render the proper verdict of 1st degree murder no matter WHAT smoke screen the defense throws their direction. :twocents:

Originally Posted by StephanieHartPI View Post
Her team filed a motion to now make this a "heat of passion" killing.
In addition, they want the Jury to be allowed to find her guilty of Second Degree Murder in addition to 1st.

The DT can't seem to make up their minds and they? LOL But I have to say they are doing all their options and anything else that got to grab for to save her life. I believe they know that JM will get the verdict he wants.

Hello everyone. With yet another hearing, it makes me miss Belvin Perry. He had the attorneys come in early to handle motions so that the jury would not be inconvenienced and that their time would be respected. I wish this judge would be more concerned about the time of the jury. This motion could have been heard yesterday, this nit making the jury suit in the jury room waiting and wondering what the holdup is this time.

I agree. I don't think I've ever seen a judge not cater to and be extra kind to jurors before.

Yeah really....how many defenses is one entitled too?

The Dt's MO has been throw as much crap at the wall as they can and see what sticks. It's an insult to the jurors and victims intelligence but in the end, I think the jury will speak loud and clear that they are not buying the DTs defence-of-the-day strategy and send Jodi to death row. JMO.

A very large proportion of those 'bullies' are women like your sister, abused and battered women. They certainly don't share your opinion of AL. We live in an insane asylum, this culture is insane. Well it's not just this culture, domestic violence occurs all across the globe.

I am 53, grew up poor, raised by a single Mom raising six children ages 12-2. Four females, and of the four of us, one was abused. We are all headstrong women, my sisters and I, but only one of us got into an abusive situation. Looking back my sister says she should have filed for divorce the morning after the wedding. But she didn't. She had dozens of instances where she should have left, all along the way, but she didn't. Even before children were born, but she didn't. Hearing her reasons why, I can't come away with anything other than, 'that's stupid'. I just find it impossible to understand why anyone, man or woman, could use any rationale to steadfastly remain in a situation where they know they are being hurt. How can love and beatings/abuse/hurt occupy the same place in the human mind?

To me it's like willingly walking into a lion's den to be mauled over and over and then decry it with "Why is this animal continuing to maul me over and over?" It doesn't matter that it all began with the lion growling at you, then roaring at you, then batting at you with his paws, and so on and so on. The general direction is clear, and that is in the direction of more serious battering.

I know these observations aren't politically correct, but you can't say I haven't 'walked in their shoes' as I walked very closely and intimately next to a battered woman. No one deserves to be abused or battered, but when you don't leave NO MATTER the reason, you are tacitly giving your abuser permission to mistreat you. And at some point the abused person runs to the government and demands that they 'fix' the situation, the situation that they have refused to alleviate of their own free will. The govt: We will press charges. The battered person: Oh no, don't do that. Wash, rinse, repeat. It completely defies logic or rational thinking.

So feel free to pile on and call me heartless and without compassion towards victims of domestic violence. I'm just at a loss as to why it continues, and in fact, seems much more prevalent today than at the dawn of feminism. There have always been brutal and bullying men, but where are the strong women that feminism promised? Why did my sister behave in a way that her three sisters would NEVER have behaved? We had identical parentage, identical environments, we got the same messages from our Mother, it is just baffling to me.

And I know it's a complex issue, and one battered woman is very different from the next battered woman. Getting back to AL, she has worked her whole life to offer someone to listen, a hand to hold, a resource for aid to battered women. But in terms of this trial, all she offers are fanciful excuses and an imagined boogie man to attempt to get a cold-blooded killer released from the murder charge the defendant so rightfully deserves.

All of the above: MOO

Perhaps some people do not believe they deserve better treatment. Perhaps some believe no one will help them if they try to get help, because they don't believe they're important enough for anyone to care. There are lots of reasons why people might stay in an abusive relationship. It may be that you are incapable of understanding them because you do not believe this could ever happen to you, but to assume that there is no reason why others might have a problem leaving such a relationship solely on the basis of your own perception seems unreasonable. Not everyone is as brave and self-confident as you are.

:cow:

Personally, I don't have a problem with them putting any and all lesser offenses as options for this jury. Their questions have shown that they are smart, sensible folks and I have faith that they will render the proper verdict of 1st degree murder no matter WHAT smoke screen the defense throws their direction. :twocents:

I agree scorpio24. As some would say 'Bring it ON!'

I haven't seen it. Is it in evidence and has the jury seen it?

IIRC, this was the photo that was "flashed" during Lisa's testimony when the whole room gasped and you could even see JA's friend noticably shaken and even crying, sort of.
Of course, HUGE objection and looooong sidebar.
I need to go find that YouTube moment to post. BUT, it was reported that's what the pic was described as.

Sorry, was the "other pic where you could see the slash and part of lips curled up over teeth. Although, I was pretty possitive people were talking about the "eyes".

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-trial-shocked-tears-photo-victims-slashed/story?id=18355580

So in Juan's rebuttal ..anyone think we are going to see the domestic violence author of the book (6 criteria) to rebut ALV? Rofl

Watched this several months ago but finally decided to post it on Websleuths because of the number of recent comments about Jodi's handwriting in her journals. It's fascinating even if you don't buy into graphology/handwriting analysis. Keep in mind the graphologist recorded her analysis on January 28--long before we heard Dr. DeMarte state that Jodi has BPD.

Jodi Arias Murder Suspect - Handwriting Analysis - YouTube

FBI uses it as a tool so that should establish its merit. It isn't infallible so it is much like lie detectors-a tool, but can't be used as hard circumstancial evidence. The video was very fascinating i thought.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Throwing people under the bus, Jodi? Going for the jealous ex did it? Wait, that's exactly what happened to Travis.

Your post just made a lightbulb go off in my head!!
Throughout the trial JA has denied being jealous. IIRC her exerts also deemed her free of jealousy. If not jealousy, what emotion could possibly have inspired such great sudden passion while TA was taking a shower of all things??

So in Juan's rebuttal ..anyone think we are going to see the domestic violence author of the book (6 criteria) to rebut ALV? Rofl

I hope not! Let's get on with premeditation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc