04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps some people do not believe they deserve better treatment. Perhaps some believe no one will help them if they try to get help, because they don't believe they're important enough for anyone to care. There are lots of reasons why people might stay in an abusive relationship. It may be that you are incapable of understanding them because you do not believe this could ever happen to you, but to assume that there is no reason why others might have a problem leaving such a relationship solely on the basis of your own perception seems unreasonable. Not everyone is as brave and self-confident as you are.

:cow:

Thank you Sleuth, even that little paragraph helps to answer my question. There is something seriously wrong in the human race when a parent fails to impart in a child the fact of their inherent worthiness and basic lovability. So many broken people, and every single one of us start out exactly the same: cute, sweet, loving and happy. Then for far to many it all goes to $hit.

Horrifyingly sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the photo...indeed sad and shocking. So the jury will get to see that picture, is that right?
Upon seeing exactly where the bullet went through, it is obvious that it could NOT have gone in like that during the "linebacker" pose Jodi had to demonstrate on the spot. I know that's a lie (her whole story), but she can't make the lie work. The bullet entry looks exactly like Jodi shot him while she was standing over him, to me at least. I was thinking this whole time that the bullet entry was kind of on the temple area. THERE IS NO WAY she shot him like the way she's claiming.

Ohhhhhhkay. Well, I've been a little nervous about the verdict but, after viewing that last photo and some of the others in the recently posted set I'm convinced that all JM has to do is throw a few of the more graphic ones up during closing and there is not a person on this earth who is stupid enough to vote anything but Murder 1. The only question in my mind now is whether they'll give her the DP or take pity on her because she's such a complete psycho freak and give her LWOP.

Probably people who may have heard of the case but don't watch a lot of news...

But I really think she'll be convicted of murder 1. There's too much evidence of premeditation.

BBM = I believe this to be Extremely true.

So I read the article. Flabbergasting. Sickening really. Sorry... I'm just one of those people who speak my mind.

There is a section on this forum that highlights bullying. Online bullying - in particular. We've all read the recent accounts. They're heartbreaking. Rational adults speak against it. No one considers the slander, horrific and even threatening comments by online bullies as "free speech". I'm lost as to why that could even be a question???

Regardless of what someone things of Jodi Arias - Alyce LaViollette is a hero. She's a woman who's dedicated her life to highlighting domestic abuse. Changing the way society thinks about it. Creating programs that address the problem.

I'm a woman who was never abused. Independent, headstrong (but funny) and very self-aware.

My sister is not.

Today I live with her after a terrible incident that ended 10 years of domestic violence and abuse. The kind that would make most people's hair stand on end. She was battered, raped, degraded and broken in every way you can break a human being. She escaped one night with her kids when her husband tried to kill them all. I came - the big sister. Moved in - helped and stayed and am still helping.

We went through the court process while her (now ex) was charged, tried, convicted and sentenced. The sentence never undid the harm. It never will.

The day Alyce LaViolette took the stand I listened. 5 minutes in - I ran to get my sister. She had to hear what this woman was saying. We stayed glued to the trial during her testimony. We have her book on order at our local book store (currently sold out).

What my sister learned from that testimony was more than she learned from 4 years of reading, therapy, talking, discussing, trying to work things out in her own head and heart.

The trial part - the Jodi Arias issues - they all faded into the background.

I know there are many others out there - abused and abuser alike who heard all that and maybe, just maybe are beginning to understand abuse a bit better.

I don't know Ms Arias. I wasn't present in that bathroom. I don't know what happened. The Prosecutor doesn't either. Nor does Ms Wilmot, nor Kurt Nurmie, nor the doctors who testified, nor the friends, family, police officers. They're all just doing their best to give their insight in the course of justice.

But I do know this. Alyce is an amazing woman. SHE'S not on trial. SHE didn't kill anyone. She gave her professional opinion, in a court of law - and she is certainly entitled to do so - without expecting harm to come to her. I hope she can put the bullies behind her and I wish her all the strength.

I'm glad you got something out of it.

I don't think Alyce LaViolette is an amazing woman. She has some knowledge. So do many others, more well thought out and more reasonable and helpful.

What she is, is a liar, who changed her story on the stand to bail out the murderess, and she did it under oath. She is also a deceiver; she deceives herself and others about her stance on domestic violence especially with regards to men. She's really not that well versed in current thought and studies on DV. All in all, a failure. But worst of all is the lying. And the hubris. And her sneering, unhelpful, destructive attitude. She was standing up for her ego and her personal bitterness. She is one dangerous 'expert'.

What Alyce is 'amazing' at is giving warm fuzzies and a great snow job.

as many as to set JA free???? :jail: as many as JA says- she's the Einstein, Saint Jodi, always right, doesn't lie on the stand, etc. etc. etc. :floorlaugh:

Einstein understood things like less being more and objects taking the path of least resistance and inertia. Poor Jodi only understands some big words. :floorlaugh:

Horrifyingly sad

im not sure how i missed that one. it literally made me throw up. and now im crying. justice cant come soon enough. i know the alexanders will experience a whole different beast after the verdict and dealing with those emotions of grief. words cant express my anger for a man that loved life so much. and it was taken from him by a monster. :moo:

Hello Everyone!:seeya:

Lurking for a while, decided to drop in and say hi!

I felt compelled to bring this up right away, so please give me just a moment of your time. I promise I won't ramble on and on for days on end about stories that don't matter or pertain to this subject. So here goes.

I feel SO bad that I have been reading all of your posts with your inner thoughts, I just wanted to say...I'm sorry. I feel like I have invaded everyone's trust, so I needed to get that off my chest right away. I take everyone's word very seriously and I haven't seen anyone lying in their posts (although one could say, if you lie, you're not a liar) but who am I to judge, I'm not a human lie detector! Please also note that although there has been a lot of "naughty" talk on these threads, I will not ask any questions to you all about that subject, even though it would be extremely important at times for you to clarify, as I am OLD FASHIONED, and I may get a bit embarrassed about it.

One more thing about me I feel you all need to know. I have not been sneaking my iPad or laptop in through my doggy door, or into my closet, or for that matter, haven't laid under the Christmas tree lurking on these threads (although, at the rate this trial is moving along, I might lay under my own Christmas tree in December and read for a while) :floorlaugh:

****Please note: I am not getting paid $250 and hour to research these threads, and will not get paid $300 an hour for giving my opinion on these boards.***

On a serious note, I have enjoyed all your posts, and will continue to do so. Thanks for having me!

Stephanie

Do you have any self help books (preferably something dated and not evidence based) to help us deal with your transgression? Maybe send us about 6 or 7 each?

I do not think the judge is going to allow it, since Dr. DeMarte did not change her written opinion that the defense has had for a very long time now in her report. This was no gotcha by the state. It was all set out, according to the discovery rules. This is not JM's first rodeo. Even if the judge does allow it, just know that JM will mop the floor with the doctor they are proposing as a witness. He is hardly an unbiased witness, as he wrote the forward to ALV book. Epic fail. http://youtu.be/GbchoNyo40s

Well, the only reason I feel she may allow it is because of her history. I agree with everything you said! JM will tear him apart, as he has the other so called"experts"!

At first when I heard they actually could find another person to testify, I was completely shocked! Who on earth would put their career on the line. Then I saw who it was, and his background and just started :floorlaugh:

Nurse just swooping in here with a clear warning, and then making me :floorlaugh:. Love it. Bring on the gas cans! Is it Tuesday yet?

It is now!!!!! Bring it on Juan!!! :fireworks::Banana2::Banane45:

I don't think Alyce is an amazing woman. She has some knowledge. So do many others, more well thought and more reasonable and helpful.

What she is, is a liar, who changed her story on the stand to bail out the murderess, and she did it under oath. She is also a deceiver; she deceives herself and others about her stance on domestic violence especially with regards to men. She's really not that well versed in current thought and studies on DV. All in all, a failure. But worst of all is the lying. And the hubris. And her sneering, unhelpful, destructive attitude. She was standing up for her ego and her personal bitterness. She is one dangerous 'expert'.

:goodpost: thank you i 10000% agree

I don't even want to start talking about how crappy I think public schools are run..
I'm still annoyed my 15 year old son spent a grand total of 3 months in public school at age 5.. I pulled him out... And I'm still paying school taxes ... I'll die paying school taxes. It's just not right.

I completely understand where you are coming from and I had the same viewpoint for a very long time. Then one day I sat back and thought what would happen to this country if our public school system ran out of money. The end result was not a pretty picture in my head. So, if there is any portion of my tax dollars that I don't really mind...it's for the school system.

I don't think Alyce is an amazing woman. She has some knowledge. So do many others, more well thought and more reasonable and helpful.

What Alyce is good at is giving warm fuzzies and a great snow job.

It's scary that she has testified in custody cases. You can only imagine the lives she has ruined.

Your post just made a lightbulb go off in my head!!
Throughout the trial JA has denied being jealous. IIRC her exerts also deemed her free of jealousy. If not jealousy, what emotion could possibly have inspired such great sudden passion while TA was taking a shower of all things??

Yet she clearly writes in her JOURNAL that they broke up because she was jealous and he was jealous.

Seriously! I saw it with my own eyes on NG last night.

Ohhhhhhkay. Well, I've been a little nervous about the verdict but, after viewing that last photo and some of the others in the recently posted set I'm convinced that all JM has to do is throw a few of the more graphic ones up during closing and there is not a person on this earth who is stupid enough to vote anything but Murder 1. The only question in my mind now is whether they'll give her the DP or take pity on her because she's such a complete psycho freak and give her LWOP.

She mauled that man like a Grizzly Bear would in a forest/woods who was defending his territory, maybe even more so. It beyond sickening what she did to him. She does not deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us. Done venting. I feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3