04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes_logo.png

The court case has now been upgraded from *advertiser censored* Court to Circus/Twilight Zone/Infinity Court status. I am still gonna watch every second til the end, regardless. It is just maddening at times.:pullhair:

I'm back. Hln has the jury charge on heat of passion right. But there was also a request to amend the self-defense charge. I didn't see the original proposed charge, so I'm not sure what the amendment was. I did note, though, that there is a dv aspect to the current one. What would a reasonable victim of dv do, in other words.

This trial has gotten so much publicity, do you think this "Dr." may have offered his services to the DT just because he's upset that JM made a fool out of his buddy, LV? I STILL don't believe anything HLN says unless there is another source to prove it

I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts about him!

He was a psych professor at the university in my area and ran a Family Violence research project as well. He also was involved with the local Crisis Center and shelter. What I remember is that he was very intelligent, somewhat detached, but also a really nice man. He had a very professional, calm, objective approach and left his emotions out of it. He did work as an expert witness even back then. I doubt in these ways he has changed. I just can't imagine him getting involved in this case. That really troubles and upsets me.

:eek: I'm aghast at what I am reading here about the DT's latest attempts to keep this trial going ad infinitum. I have been concerned over the past couple of weeks that jurors are going to get fed up and will ask to be let go.

I can't believe that the DT can claim "heat of passion" and ask for the jury to consider manslaughter when it's patently obvious that Jodi premeditated this cold-blooded murder. Manslaughter would likely mean that JA would qualify for time served and would walk away a free woman at the conclusion of the trial. Jodi would revenge on anyone whom she feels has ever wronged her, and she would surely go after Travis' family, friends, Juan Martinez, witnesses for the Prosecution, etc. Scary to even think about it. :moo:

Wait, huh? I'm confused. They want to add another option for the jury? When do we find out if that is allowed? What in the worlds is going on? The last thing we need is another way to give this... gal an out. No way. :scared:

ETA: Please let me know if there are any margin issues with the pic and I will try to make it smaller.

but they have known about that for years? so they should have choosen their "experts" accordingly.
thats my logic on it and if i was JSS it would be denied

I think they've only known it since Dr.D did her assessment but yes it was years ago. My guess is they chose not to believe it thinking their experts would triumph over the states witness and when that flopped they had to pull a rabbit out of their hat.
If this guy is a friend of ALV, my guess is he'll spend as much time rehabilitating her as he does discrediting Dr D.

I really hope it's denied but my gut says it won't be. :furious:

A surr-rebuttal and lesser charges?

Why should another quack doctor who hasn't even met with Jodi (unless he's doing that this weekend) be allowed to testify?

How can it be self defense OR crime of passion?

This scares me. I don't think Juan has convinced every juror this was pre-meditated. He needs to do MORE. He needs to prove 3 gas cans, 3 gas purchases, something. I don't know. I feel absolutely sick.

One thing I am CONVINCED of, is that there is NO WAY she will be convicted of a lesser charge such as manslaughter. I know for a fact there are more than a handful of jurors who will NOT budge off 1st degree. So chances of hung jury have increased in my mind.

I don't know how you know what you know but I sure hope that you are correct. Today has been upsetting in the Justice for Travis.

This new Dr., the defense may have approached him to testify earlier in the trial but he was not available for whatever reason.

Money talks - maybe they are paying the Dr. a large sum of money.

Good Golly Miss Molly. My hopes lie with Judge Stephens putting her judicial foot down and telling the defense NO MORE ! What in the world would be considered new evidence that Juan Martinez introduced from Dr Demarte?

Well I think technically the BPD diagnosis was new information, even though it was rebutting the PTSD diagnosis.

There's method to the DT's madness. The longer they can draw out this trial, the likelier it will be that jurors will drop off, resulting in a mistrial. It couldn't get a mistrial any other way and now the DT is desperate.

JSS must deny this request!

It was my understanding that the Judge initially told the jury that their services would be required until April 12. That was the day that #11 was let go due to "illness". I don't buy the Judge's explanation for this juror's departure, but she probably was not at liberty to tell the public what really happened. Juror #11's employer might have told him that he would lose his job if he didn't return by a certain date.

As time passes, I fear that other jurors might also be forced to leave for one reason or another. I was hoping that Judge Stephens would have discussed this aspect of the trial with the attorneys during the status hearing last Friday. This trial has got to move forward, and it should not be up to the DT to stall for their own purposes. Needless to say, this irks me no end :furious:, but I don't think that the Judge will deny the defense's request.

I'm back. Hln has the jury charge on heat of passion right. But there was also a request to amend the self-defense charge. I didn't see the original proposed charge, so I'm not sure what the amendment was. I did note, though, that there is a dv aspect to the current one. What would a reasonable victim of dv do, in other words.

Will the judge have a ruling on surrebuttal tomorrow morning? If you know, tia...

Remember, she killed him three times. Heart (vena cava) *sp. Head (bullet) throat (need I say more?)

Maybe this addt'l witness or the request for jury instructions is what had the family so upset last week.

I honestly don't know how they get one foot in front of the other everyday.

And Jodi gets to sit, scribble and play Camille every other week.

Talk about spitting on a grave.

Well, than the PT should be able to have the Dr. that spoke on Nancy Grace.No one wants to hear another expert speak, especially if they have not even spoken to JA. Heck, I could get up and express my opinion from reading books and magazines. The Judge has to put a stop to this at some point. The defense is absolutely crazy if they go to sur-rebuttal. And now the DT wants manslaughter. Does the DT understand the jury does have a brain.The jury will not like it. They are done, over, finished.

Why not subpoena Nancy Grace while they are at it?? It would liven up the testimony. That's for sure. I would pay to see JW cross examine Nancy.

I'm not understanding why the DT did not know what the prosecution witness would say.

On the positive side, the DT knows how bad their client is coming across.

Bring on any rebuttal to the rebuttal of the rebuttal. JM will prove how badly their buttals stink.

She planned for that question...she said the evil ninja looked at her Auto Registration which she had in her purse :banghead:

Wow! So it's not just the cops that ask for "License and Registration". Murdering Ninjas do it, too? Is that just an Arizona thing, or should I be prepared here in Oregon, too? I mean…I don't want to be killed just because I don't have my auto registration in my purse! :gasp:

Didn't Jodi say on the stand in answer to a juror's question that she was not in fear or angry at Travis. Did the DT forget that?

Will the judge have a ruling on surrebuttal tomorrow morning? If you know, tia...

Who knows. I would tend to doubt it, but necessarily before the close of the rebuttal case. The judge knows how many more witnesses Juan intends to call, and it will have to be by then. jmo

I am more concerned about her presence. She is a person - a horrible person - but still a person. I believe in the DP .
I am not sure if I was on a jury and looked at the person for months and
months and months if I could give them the DP. I am just stating my feelings.
I think JA deserves DP.
I just hope that Juan can get it across in simple terms the premeditation.
I also hope that the jury is not totally confused by all the nonsense.
Interesting. I'm generally opposed to the death penalty, but this trial is having the opposite effect on me. The more I see/get to know Jodi (plus knowing the behind the scenes BS only serves to make her less likable/sympathetic) through this long, drawn out case, the more inclined I'd be to make an exception and vote for death over LWOP. As long as it's one or the other, I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro