Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Geffner, Ph.D. ABPP, ABPN
Founding President
Robert Geffner, Ph.D., is: Founding President of the Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute in San Diego, CA; Founding President of Alliant International University’s (AIU) Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT); Clinical Research Professor of Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology, AIU, San Diego; Licensed Psychologist and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in California and Texas; Editor of three internationally disseminated journals and Co-Editor of one; and former clinical director of a large private practice mental health clinic in East Texas for over 15 years. He has a Diplomate in Clinical Neuropsychology and one in Family Psychology. He served as an adjunct faculty member for the National Judicial College for 10 years, and was a former Professor of Psychology at the University of Texas at Tyler for 16 years. Dr. Geffner is the President of the Trauma Psychology Division of the American Psychological Association. He has been a researcher, trainer, practitioner, and consultant for more than 30 years.

Publications include treatment manuals (e.g., Treatment of Women Arrested for Domestic Violence, 2002; Ending Spouse/Partner Abuse, 2000), co-edited books concerning family violence and child maltreatment (e.g., Children Exposed to Violence, 2008; Identifying & Treating Youth Who Sexually Offend, 2005; Identifying & Treating Sex Offenders, 2004; Effects of Intimate Partner Violence on Children, 2003; Domestic Violence Offenders, 2002; Bullying Behavior, 2001; The Cost of Child Maltreatment, 2001; and Children Exposed to Domestic Violence, 2000), and numerous book c
hapters, journal articles and research papers concerning family violence, trauma, sexual assault, child abuse, family and child psychology, custody issues, forensic psychology, neuropsychology, and diagnostic assessment. He has also served on several national and state committees
dealing with various aspects of family psychology, family violence, child abuse, and family law. He has presented over 450 keynote addresses, plenaries, workshops, and seminars at international, national, regional, and state conferences or meetings.

When did alyce run to the publisher? Is there a link?
Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the link. I just started re-watching and already, a few minutes in, and I'm reminded of her bs...she says to JM when he asks her about flirtatious texts, that she broke up with him because he was "sleeping with a bunch of people" really?? no way JA. no.way. There were a few times during her testimony where she used really odd phrases and that was one of them. Another time, when talking about the scuffle in the bathroom she says something like "by those scales or whatever those things are called"

She is a piece of work. She has such a cocky attitude. I sure hope the jury saw it too and does not foget it.

Just like the "beanies with holes for your face and mouth" comment to Det. Flores...She darn well knows what a ski mask is.

Interesting that their motion states that the state failed to include in their CIC that Jodi had BPD. I don't believe it's the states job to present the defense to the jury is it? Maybe the judge won't rule to allow this motion at all if it's legally flawed. I'm no lawyer but that reads as legally flawed to me.

Where are you reading the motion? TIA:seeya:

I don't like Jodi. (hat tip to Horace)

But I reeeeally like Wendy Murphy when she talks about Jodi. She get all screamy and sweary and super shouty - but in a good way.

No date. No report. No journal entry. No witness. She came so close to dying she decided to go back for more. That's what a reasonable person with an IQ of 119 would do right? Great to see you Tuba!!

Did that happen when Travis asked her to repay a loan or something? Something to do with money, ..and we all know Jodi considers repaying money for money loaned to her is her loaning money to them. Heck, she probably stole it in the first place.
Watching her, I think she's been a thief all her life and I bet she has self-medicated herself since a teen---how did she convince clean-living Travis, that she was clean, drug-free?

Arias' defense wants to present more evidence
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/22/jodi-arias-defense-wants-present-more-evidence[/QUOTE]

It looks like the Walmart employee will testify to JA's lie about going to Mesa with two gas cans. If that's the case, I don't see why the jury will believe anything she said on the stand under oath, including her alleged attack by TA after dropping a camera worth a few hundred dollars.

Ah yes---AVL and her catchy titles. I hope the men in her group are aware of this catchy little title from a publication of her's, according to her CV:

Women Studies Encyclopedia: “The Battered Husband Syndrome and Other Myths” :floorlaugh:

Indeed! I posted a link to that article some time ago. ALV isn't too biased! :floorlaugh:

Poor ALV, JM destroyed her credibility so completely her ego is in tatters. So what does she do? She runs to the editor of at least one of her books to restore her ego.

This isn't about JA folks. This is now about ALV IMO.

Again, GMTA - he probably believes JM abused ALV and is coming in like a knight in shining armor. So long as we stick to fairy tales, and all.

I apologize in advance... Because I am way behind in reading... And this post may fall at an awkward place...

But this post by Bernina is so true!

Can the DT NOW bring in a Doctor that has not evaluated JA?

and.... How would JA even remember this was a crime of passion with her fognesia?

:banghead:

Oh let's remember that she only remembers what "she feels" more than the events....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Is May 28 the day of either the email or the text message that so much has been made of? I noticed after watching this again....and you are so right she does get antsy talking about Cancun and Mimi! Anyway, Juan specifically asks her of she knew he was taking someone else to Cancun on MAY 28. Just sayin'.....it's gonna be real interesting when we hear from Cancun PPL during rebuttal.

May 28 was the day JA stole the gun and faked the burglary. May 26 was final straw email.

I don't think so. Just one to make sure they get whatever records they produce to the State.

Also, I should have said in response to the poster asking about the shelving motions, orders typically are in minute entry form and ARE available on the internet in the minute entries section of the docket page. So if there was a ruling on any motion and it wasn't sealed it will more than likely appear there. It's only pleadings filed by the parties that you can't see on-line.

Thanks for directing me to where to go to check, online. I appreciate it.

I saw that movie too and immediately wondered if it was one of the movies she studied to try to perfect her crime. I have seen and keep seeing other documentary-type crime shows on ID (Investigation Discovery) TV that I think she must have also studied. I think some channels are showing many of similar types of crime because of the popularity of this trial.

I watched a movie called "The Blue-Eyed Butcher" this weekend - it's a true story based on the Susan Wright case where she murdered her husband.

Wow, the similarities to the Jodi Arias trial are amazing . . . the "abuse", the "self-defense", the "PTSD", the "Battered Woman's Syndrome", the "fog", and the multiple stab wounds.

Here's a link to the description of it:
http://susanwrightblueeyedbutcher.blogspot.com/

If the defence can put on a surrebuttal shouldn't the prosecution have the right to put on a sur-surrebuttal?

I watched a movie called "The Blue-Eyed Butcher" this weekend - it's a true story based on the Susan Wright case where she murdered her husband.

Wow, the similarities to the Jodi Arias trial are amazing . . . the "abuse", the "self-defense", the "PTSD", the "Battered Woman's Syndrome", the "fog", and the multiple stab wounds.

Here's a link to the description of it:
http://susanwrightblueeyedbutcher.blogspot.com/

I watched it too!!! It was amazing how similar the cases were.

Expert witnesses are exempt from the admonishment to avoid the trial. They generally do so to appear unbiased but they are not required to do so to testify.

Thanks, learn something every day.

IMO this is a collusion between ALV and geffner to restore ALV's ego and reputation. geffner will dispute Dr. Demarte's BPD diagnosis and in the course of that he'll support ALV's bws claim.

Can JM put another expert psychologist on if this request is granted?

Im hearing about the somewhat breaking news about the new Defense attempts to bring in a new option to the jury of manslaughter and heat of passion crud.

I cant believe the defense can ask to change their defense basically at this point. I hope the judge says no.

he connects to ALV

>snip<

Go to AL webpage the surrebuttal witness Robert Geffner, Ph.D the ... He is a colleague of Alyce LaViolette and will rebut Dr DeMarte's claims of BPD

Has this DT learned nothing from the previous debacle of biased, partial, attached, connected, subjective, gullible, freewheeling "experts"?

W
T
F

Find. an. expert. who. doesn't. know. anyone. you've. previously. called. Dang.
I just ... lol ... they're doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member