100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I can safely say that DSLR cameras don't roll or bounce when they are dropped or they fall. My cat felt it prudent to conduct her own experiment for us with my Nikon D7000 this morning, by accidentally pulling it out of the niche above the mantle when she misjudged a jump and caught the strap w/ her claw. It landed on the tile hearth with a resounding thud. *sigh*.

Ouch!
Only in JA's head do things bounce and roll when dropped. I always felt like she is talking as if she is picturing these things in slow motion...
The camera that fell, bounced rolled and "came to a rest" by the tub?
or the pieces of paper that fell in the chaotic pattern.
As if its slow motion.

Travis has been described as a real horndog by JA. Did any other women testify to having an intimate relationship with him?

Who said anything about willfully?

It's true that particularly traumatic memories can become "blocked." I think she really can't recall all the gruesome details and is manipulating and milking that to her advantage.
I totally agree and believe many people who committed such brutality would experience memory loss of such a traumatic event. I don't believe she did though - I do believe she is milking and manipulating the fact that it can happen though to her advantage.

But she's talked about a fog in relation to other aspects of Travis' alleged abuse too - apart from the murder day - and that doesn't at all ring true as being consistent with domestic violence, not for the apparent reason she's implying.

JMO

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial

I don't think the live stream will start until 1pm. She is hearing other cases all morn as attorneys review questions. #JodiArias

I read elsewhere that the objections to the questions will be streamed at 11 MST, about a half hour

it's snowing here in the other Washington too!! :what:

Oh I miss wa state! All my kids are there! Hope to return there someday. It doesn't snow much in tacoma where I lived! A few snowed ins but mostly light snow.

Sorry just had to comment!
Justice for travis

Home today due to sinus infection and bronchitis, and am very happy that I don't have to deal with Nurmi droning on and on. Jury questions should tell us a lot! I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear them, and to hear her answers.

I wanted to address something else regarding the WM gas can. Normally, if we want to look up a transaction, we can only look up the transaction from the store it was purchased at. For instance, if she had purchased the can at my store, I could look up the transaction there, but not if she had purchased it at a different store. The more information provided - date of purchase, credit/debit card number, UPC number, register or operator number, makes things much easier. Cash purchases are difficult to look up, but with enough information, it's not impossible. Now, this is in-store, and our LP (loss prevention) would be able to pull up video of the actual purchase and return.

If the in-store resources come up with nothing, I would imagine that WM corporate would be able to search their database and narrow it down, if they were asked to. Unfortunately, I don't know for sure.

I'm floored that my silly job is actually providing even a miniscule bit of info in such a huge case. It may not mean anything, but it's there :)

On to the jury questions!!!

Jodi was remarkably organized for someone in a fog. She managed to get rid of most if not all of the damning evidence. Even took time to delete the pictures, put the knife in the dishwasher, take the load from the washer to put in the dryer and then add the load for the washer. She managed to drag Travis' body and put it in the shower, wash him off, pick up the gun, the camera, the knife, the rope (all of it even though she claimed she did not know what he did with the piece he cut off and, oh yes, re-remembered he put it beside the bed), wash herself off because she left no trail of blood on the way out the door. It also struck me that while she was still in the house Travis' phone rang for the conference call he was suppose to be on. I can't help but wonder they tried more than once to call him but it never snapped her out of her fog. She truly is "Wonder Woman" in a nutshell. jmo

BBM

Does anyone know or can speculate why they think she washed him off? Maybe cause she was washing her DNA off also? This has always baffled me.:banghead:

I don't agree. For some the burden of proof may have been met. If the next testimony sways them back so be it.

Agreed...if the prosecution meets their burden of proof then their job is done. The defense can try to dismantle the case brick by brick, but if the jury is satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt as to guilt, then they could conceivably nap the rest of the time.

While we await the proceedings of the day a question came to me.

Someone recently posted an outstanding account of how one could detect bullets in the chamber of a .25 caliber pistol. Assuming we know what Grandpa’s gun was like, how would a spent casing be ejected from a single discharge of this particular gun?

It seems to me someone claimed previously that the casing would be ejected to the shooters right side and outward. How does the casing’s final position on the blood pool comport with JA account of where she was when TA started the linebacker tackle and where the gun “accidently discharged”?
It seems to me that if the casing were ejected out and to her right side her account of how the shooting went down is a provable lie???

Are there any thoughts out there on this question???

Yes... as far as the gun/gunshot is concerned (that detectives didn't ever bother to look for).

But, I disagree with the ME Dr. Horn? I believe he was shot first at the last shower pic of Travis' face.

Question: If she premeditated this, why didn't she keep his camera as a trophy? and say it was "stolen".

Are you a physician? What would make you disagree with the ME? Not being snarky, but why do you think your theory trumps that over a medical professional?

Juror Question: Why didn't you leave and call 911?

Right! She could have called anonomously. Even she "claims" she wasn't totally sure he was dead. So stop somewhere and call! But then, anybody who says they are "embarrassed" to admit they've just killed somebody has a whole box worth of screws loose.

Yes... as far as the gun/gunshot is concerned (that detectives didn't ever bother to look for).

But, I disagree with the ME Dr. Horn? I believe he was shot first at the last shower pic of Travis' face.

Question: If she premeditated this, why didn't she keep his camera as a trophy? and say it was "stolen".

So now it can only be premeditated murder if you keep a trophy?

That's the sort of thing people who enjoy killing, and kill for the sake of it, do. This was rage and jealousy, and still premeditated.

She sure did ask to see all the photos during interviews didnt she.

While we await the proceedings of the day a question came to me.

Someone recently posted an outstanding account of how one could detect bullets in the chamber of a .25 caliber pistol. Assuming we know what Grandpa’s gun was like, how would a spent casing be ejected from a single discharge of this particular gun?

It seems to me someone claimed previously that the casing would be ejected to the shooters right side and outward. How does the casing’s final position on the blood pool comport with JA account of where she was when TA started the linebacker tackle and where the gun “accidently discharged”?
It seems to me that if the casing were ejected out and to her right side her account of how the shooting went down is a provable lie???

Are there any thoughts out there on this question???

Watch the HLN re-enactment upthread. Vinnie agrees with you.

The gun casing is IN the blood though, like it fell straight on top of the blood.
If he was shot first and the gun casing ROLLED in blood and then stopped, it would have blood on the casing.
Pic: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/07/article-2258479-16CAC976000005DC-704_634x358.jpg

IMO

I tried this experiment on my tile floor with a bullet casing, water, corn syrup thick and diluted (arterial and venous) and it slid and rested clean. With the patterns on that floor, like mine it is hard, very hard to get a casing to roll but easy to slide. If I said rolled I apologize.

I would love to see pictures from that closet where she claims the gun was. Juan seemed to want her to describe in detail exactly where the gun was and how she was able to just grab it. It's as if he already knows what the closet looks like. jmo

Photos of the closet were shown in court.

I'm a little surprised the jury has any questions to ask evilsnake JA. I've always believed if you know a person lies why ask them a question.

Not me, I would ask Jodi to demonstrate (with Nurmi as TA) the sequence of events starting with the dropped camera. I would want Juan timing it. That version she gave from the body slam on is ridiculous.

I would love to see pictures from that closet where she claims the gun was. Juan seemed to want her to describe in detail exactly where the gun was and how she was able to just grab it. It's as if he already knows what the closet looks like. jmo

They have shown pictures of the inside of the closet several times. It was pristine-nothing at all out of place. No adjustable shelves dislodged like they would have been if someone tried to climb them.

I totally agree and believe many people who committed such brutality would experience memory loss of such a traumatic event. I don't believe she did though - I do believe she is milking and manipulating the fact that it can happen though to her advantage.

But she's talked about a fog in relation to other aspects of Travis' alleged abuse too - apart from the murder day - and that doesn't at all ring true as being consistent with domestic violence, not for the apparent reason she's implying.

JMO
Jodi manipulated all her men! Stalked them all! I think if it hadn't been travis she killed! Somewhere down the line she would have met someone else! And would have killed. It's her stalking behaviour!jodi was all about posession! confrontation and getting the last word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir