100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... as far as the gun/gunshot is concerned (that detectives didn't ever bother to look for).

But, I disagree with the ME Dr. Horn? I believe he was shot first at the last shower pic of Travis' face.

Question: If she premeditated this, why didn't she keep his camera as a trophy? and say it was "stolen".

I actually made a post about this. Excuse me for copying and pasting, lol.

I think she had her "Two people came and murdered him!!" back up story and acted accordingly.

I think she wanted to lure him into the shower so she could kill him and wash blood/dna from him and taking pictures was an excuse. ("We already have naked pictures. But not on YOURR camera") She could have told him let's use your camera so that the pics are yours. In her 48 hours interview she said: " they came to kill him, they didn't take anything". She also asks Detective Flores "nothing was taken right?". Which could explain her not taking the camera so that it seems like a murder hit and not a burglary gone wrong. Because if it's not a murder hit, a personal vendetta, against Travis and just a burglary gone wrong, they'd kill Jodi too.

Her story: nothing was taken - it was a HIT by some random assassins.
Taking the camera would contradict that.

IMO!!

Mari Fagel ‏@MariFagel

Court doesnt start till 1 pm AZ time today in #JodiArias trial, as both attys are spending the morning reviewing juror submitted questions

I think we will still start on time at 1pm AZ.. (12 noon California) because we still had 2 hours free after Mr Martinez would be done reviewing questions.

So if they are running late, they can basically even run through the lunch hour and still start ok, I think.

I am curious how many of the 100 are now eliminated as "duplicate" questions. And how many are left

Many of us believe she did shoot him first, but it didn't kill him right away and the gun jammed. So she began stabbing, sternly commanding him to shut p and die. This version matches best her second story of the ninja intruders which I think she created to try to math the forensics and any nieghbors who lift have heard something. Also, people who lie often interject a bit of truth into their lies. Finally, the gun shot trajectory matches Travis sitting in the shower facing out, as he was in the last photo of him. It doesn't match how he was found, stuffed back in the shower, with his head wound facing away from the shower door.

But if she did stab him first after intending to shoot him, many things could have caused that to happen. Perhaps she felt she had to act suddenly and all she had at hand was the knife. Maybe he told her to leave before she had time to grab the gun but she has the knife on her. Maybe she tried to shoot him first but the gun jammed and so she had to start stabbing and when she was finished, she coldly fixed the jam and decided to put a bullet in his brain for good measure.
I tend to think she shot him first. If I have it correctly, the shot was in the jaw-cheek area. Why not a better shot to the head if his throat was already cut? I agree she can add some truth to make her story fit and also in her mind say she is telling the truth.

What is TA's family involvement in the question review process? Do they have some sort of input or is it more of a head's up thing?

Does anyone understand their role?

Don't believe they have any input until/if there is a penalty phase. They are strong to sit through the ugly things JA is saying about their brother.

A million thanks! I have a dr appt and know I'll be sitting in the waiting room foreva!

youre welcome! there are no commercials. the only issue I have sometimes if buffering, especially if you are in a building. But if you have a good phone, then you shouel be ok. My phone is crap! :)

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial

If you start to slow your speech down and find your arm chicken winging on it's own... you might be a #JodiArias trial follower.

Not me, I would ask Jodi to demonstrate (with Nurmi as TA) the sequence of events starting with the dropped camera. I would want Juan timing it. That version she gave from the body slam on is ridiculous.

I'm sure, in closing, he will spell out the sequence of events. Both sides, her side showing she didnt have the time to do what she claimed and his, explaining every wound and where he believed it happened.

ok, so Juan took 15 min on the first batch of questions, just went up and asked for the second batch....almost show time folks

eta: this from wild about trials tweets

What is TA's family involvement in the question review process? Do they have some sort of input or is it more of a head's up thing?

Does anyone understand their role?
:twocents: I think it's the latter. JA is allowed a heads up after all.

Yes... as far as the gun/gunshot is concerned (that detectives didn't ever bother to look for).

But, I disagree with the ME Dr. Horn? I believe he was shot first at the last shower pic of Travis' face.

Question: If she premeditated this, why didn't she keep his camera as a trophy? and say it was "stolen".

Look at the autopsy photos and there is a lateral stab wound to the bottom left of TA's nipple. Look at the sitting pic and point put the most vunerable spot. It's where he was stabbed.

something went down in the minute 10 between the "look"photo and the shower pic. That's an eternity in this situation.

The shower pic was right before she went in for the kill. She was on her knees and at that angle she would have stabbed in a lateral position, matching the wound.

HLN host just said, "Let's get real here. You're all following the Arias trial to hear all the salacious/sexual details." I started following the case to see justice for Travis and his family. I want to see HOW it could be self-defense. I NEVER WANTED TO HEAR THEIR SEX LIFE!!!

I tried this experiment on my tile floor with a bullet casing, water, corn syrup thick and diluted (arterial and venous) and it slid and rested clean. With the patterns on that floor, like mine it is hard, very hard to get a casing to roll but easy to slide. If I said rolled I apologize.

Oh no, I emphasized ROLLED cause I type how I talk LOL.
You really did? and it was totally clean?
Jeez, now I'm back to where I stated - torn on if he was stabbed or shot first.

:waitasec:

This is a Death Penalty Trial, there should be NO other case on her Docket right now. Poor planning on the courts part has turned this trial into a sideshow. Late starting times, seriously who starts court at 10:30AM? It should start promptly at 8 AM and end at 5 or 6. Ending early, not having trial 5-6 days a week like they should as NOT to waste taxpayer money by dragging this case on and on for months. Then there is the Jury. They do not want to have to keep coming to court for months on end...I just think this judge has no control over her court and she has allowed the Defense to dictate the flow of proceedings.

Don't blame the judge for the long trial--blame Numri he's the one that dragged the sex bit over and over again--look how long he had her on the stand.
Remeber he gets paid by the hr.

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Juan just came back in and went up to the bench, he is asking for the second batch of questions now. #JodiArias

Who said anything about willfully?

It's true that particularly traumatic memories can become "blocked" and difficult if not impossible to recall. I think she really can't recall all the gruesome details and is manipulating and milking that to her advantage.

I don't agree. Sounds like the recovered memories witch hunt of the 80's.

I do believe that memories can become hazy during a high adrenaline state, but not completely blocked out to the point of amnesia, unless she was abusing drugs that affect brain chemistry, like zoloft. The throat cut would have taken precision and a degree of control over a disabled victim. In other words, her mind would have been clearer during this part of the attack and not likely something that would become "hazy" and hard to recall. That she attempted to expand this "fog" to other non-traumatic episodes (the camera issue) is all I need to determine that her fog is pure hogwash. Blackouts are ploys commonly used by the guilty to escape moral responsibility. I've seen rapists make claims like this. Didn't buy it then don't buy it now.

You would be a bad juror. You are basing your decision before you have been presented with ALL the facts in the case (from both prosecution and defense).

can't say i agree.....both sides have presented their cases. Her testimony is finished. I would feel the same as the OP by now because of the overwhelming amount of circumstancial and direct evidence.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Jumping in here before we have more live action... I don't post much, mostly because by the time I get around to it someone else has expressed my thought or asked my question... I'm not an attorney, psychiatrist, psychologist, LE, or (most importantly??) psychic... but...

Having served on several juries over the years, I am applying the principles used in those deliberations to come up with the following, over simplified, points.

JA admits killing TA, and there is photographic and forensic evidence to prove this fact. It IS NOT reasonable to doubt this fact. So, this becomes a "fact" in my argument for conviction.

JA is a known and admitted liar. One of the few things she has said that I can truly believe is that she admits to lying. It is NOT reasonable to doubt that JA has lied, her stories have changed under oath on the witness stand. So this becomes a "fact" in my argument.

1) Her tales of an abusive relationship are uncorroborated, there is no proof other than her word that these things happened. Although everyone is different and will react to abuse differently, she exhibits none of the expected characteristics. Her actions, in fact, contradict that she was a victim of abuse. Remember, she is a known (and admitted) liar. It IS reasonable to doubt these claims;
2) The explanations of extra gasoline, using a rental car, and other machinizations for the trip make no sense. No reasonable person would do any of this, much less for the "reasons" she states. It IS reasonable to doubt that she did all of this for any purpose other than to hide her visit to Mesa (premeditation!)
3) "Inference" becomes important here. Inference is basically adding 2+2 to determine the result. Combine the theft of g-pa's gun under "strange circumstances", which happens to be of the same type used in the "killing"; all the "fog", convoluted circumstances of how the "killing" gun came to be where it supposedly was, JA herself and other people have stated that TA did not own a gun. Add it up, and reasonable people will get 2+2=4. It IS reasonable to doubt any scenario other than JA stole g-pa's untraceable gun for use in the killing (premeditation!).

Now, let's do the math: 1) TA died at JA's hand; 2) she had no reasonable claim to "self defense"; 3) the trip to Mesa was planned to be "under the radar"; 4) she brought the weapon(s) with her... <drumroll, please> . TA's death was premeditated murder.... 2+2=4

To avoid writing a mini-novel, I will stop at this and conclude with this: "Beyond reasonable doubt" doesn't mean "100% no doubt". It means "can a person reasonably believe what they are being told?" If the answer is "No", then we are beyond reasonable doubt. I can doubt that I will burn my hand if I put it on the burner, but I see the knob is in the "On" position, the burner is red-hot. Is my doubt reasonable? Would a reasonable person put their hand on the burner? I don't think so...

Yes, I have the advantage of more information than an actual juror in the courtroom, but people are convicted of crimes everyday. Keep your faith in the judicial system. It is not perfect, but it does work most of the time. One of the juries on which I served was for a rapist, the victims were effectively "raped" again and again by the defense. Still makes me ill 20+ years later.... Sickening, but not surprising to see the true victim, TA, vilified given the sexual aspects that have been the forefront of this defense...

I apologize if someone else has said this before and probably better, I try to read to avoid being redundant Sorry for the long post, hope it makes as much sense to others as it does to me (LOL!)...

I REALY believe this jury will not be like the penellas jury!
They've asked questions! I believe they will pour over all. The evidence! Pics! Everything.

While we await the proceedings of the day a question came to me.

Someone recently posted an outstanding account of how one could detect bullets in the chamber of a .25 caliber pistol. Assuming we know what Grandpa’s gun was like, how would a spent casing be ejected from a single discharge of this particular gun?

It seems to me someone claimed previously that the casing would be ejected to the shooters right side and outward. How does the casing’s final position on the blood pool comport with JA account of where she was when TA started the linebacker tackle and where the gun “accidently discharged”?
It seems to me that if the casing were ejected out and to her right side her account of how the shooting went down is a provable lie???

Are there any thoughts out there on this question???

I am assuming you are talking about my post from this morning. Here is why I think that:

Carried over from Page 4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nali87
I like the re-enactment of HLN.
Jodi Arias - Re-enactment of Jodi's Version of Travis' Death - YouTube

THANK YOU for posting this!

This proves to me WITHOUT A DOUBT that she shot him after she slit his throat after she put his body BACK IN THE SHOWER.

If you watch at about 7:15 or so, they are showing where the bullet casing was found, and where she SAID she shot him. Casings come out of a gun up and to the right..... NOT LEFT.

Had she been standing in the center of the bathroom facing the closet as he was running at her, the casing would have landed around the bathtub/toilet room area. It didnt... it landed next to the wall between the sinks and the linen closet. She would have to be standing in front of the closet door facing the back right hand corner of the SHOWER for the casing to have landed where it did.

JMO - but thats pretty strong proof to me. I have always thought she shot him as a make sure kinda thing. He was probably making noises from the air escaping the throat and she shot him to be sure he was dead. As far as the way his body was found, all she would have to do after she shot him was to turn his head facing the back shower wall and walk away. I mean, face it, shes capable of slashing his throat, why woudnt she actually touch his face to turn his head away from her?

Yes, the casing could have been kicked, but I dont believe that to be the case at all. She knew where the casing landed.

Again, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member