16 Different Versions of Darlie's story

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
The other wound was not able to detect it and was not in good quality for testing. I don't want to go into how they harvested these wounds as it is rather gory. From best I can derive from the testimony the other wound either didn't hit the ribs in the right place or was ruined in the harvesting and preparation process
I am very curious about how they harvest wounds. I know it's gruesome, but could you explain it or post a link? I was nearly gagging reading Poole's testimony about the chest plate. I don't know, something about knowing a piece of Devon had been removed for study is worse than seeing the murder as a whole. But, gag-worthy though it will be I'd like to understand how they do it.

Why did Poole say the knife which could have made the tool marks was the butcher knife, which was smooth, when in the next breath he said the knife used would be smooth with some serrations? So he says yes, could be the smooth murder weapon because it shares characteristics with the tool mark. But he adds that serration, why? If a smooth knife COULD have been used to stab Devon what characteristics does it have to a smooth and serrated knife? I know he's not saying the butcher knife is serrated. But what is he saying?:banghead:
But my opinion would be, that a knife with similar
24 characteristics, specifically, a knife that would have
25 perhaps smooth areas in between some serrations.

beesy said:
Why did Poole say the knife which could have made the tool marks was the butcher knife, which was smooth, when in the next breath he said the knife used would be smooth with some serrations? So he says yes, could be the smooth murder weapon because it shares characteristics with the tool mark. But he adds that serration, why? If a smooth knife COULD have been used to stab Devon what characteristics does it have to a smooth and serrated knife? I know he's not saying the butcher knife is serrated. But what is he saying?:banghead:

I don't know, sorry.

The testimony about the tool marks on the knife are right before Bevels testimony in volume 39.

The static cling or even the person picking it up to wipe their hands on. 5 drops of blood were found on it 3 from 1 boy 2 from the other, according to the trial transcript.

If the reason for bringing the knife was to cut the stereo wires for a burglary to expedite the snatch and grab.
Guess they didn't want to get blood on those stereo wires. hahahahahah.

No offense, Jane but some of this does get a bit comical.

And are you sure it was 5 drops? Was it five drops seen or 5 drops tested?

Goody said:
Guess they didn't want to get blood on those stereo wires. hahahahahah.

No offense, Jane but some of this does get a bit comical.

And are you sure it was 5 drops? Was it five drops seen or 5 drops tested?

Ha hahahaha as bad as Jeff and Rachel having Darin working on his mother boards with the bread knife that was used to cut the screen, hence the pvc fibreglass rod and dust on the knife and Darlie cutting up chicken that night for dinner, hence the blood washed down the sink. aaahahahahaha comical, that forum sure was good for a laugh.

beesy said:

This confused the hell out of me when the transcripts were first posted. Davis kept referring to the butcher knife as a "serrated" knife...it sounded like he was talking about the bread knife. But he wasn't. He was talking about the butcher knife, which had small serrations on the edge.

Many, many knives have tiny serrations on the edge. I have a bunch of them in my kitchen. They're serrated, but don't have the the deep grooves that a bread knife has. What Poole identified in Devon's breast plate were "smooth areas in between some serrations". The butcher knife.

A woman would never describe a butcher knife as serrated; that description would be reserved for a bread knife. But Greg Davis was a man, and he made the usual man mistakes. Like referring to the bloody partial print as being on the coffee table when, in fact, it was on the sofa table. Harmless mistakes, really, but confusing to someone reading the transcript.

Mary456 said:
This confused the hell out of me when the transcripts were first posted. Davis kept referring to the butcher knife as a "serrated" knife...it sounded like he was talking about the bread knife. But he wasn't. He was talking about the butcher knife, which had small serrations on the edge.

Many, many knives have tiny serrations on the edge. I have a bunch of them in my kitchen. They're serrated, but don't have the the deep grooves that a bread knife has. What Poole identified in Devon's breast plate were "smooth areas in between some serrations". The butcher knife.

A woman would never describe a butcher knife as serrated; that description would be reserved for a bread knife. But Greg Davis was a man, and he made the usual man mistakes. Like referring to the bloody partial print as being on the coffee table when, in fact, it was on the sofa table. Harmless mistakes, really, but confusing to someone reading the transcript.
Thank you! Thank you! I guess looking at my own knives might have helped :doh: and I could have saved some brain power. As soon as I started reading your post, I thought oh yeah there are little thingies on my knives.Smooth on one side of the sharp part of the blade, little thingies on the other side of the sharp part. Then smooth on the the dull part. There are 4 sides to a knife. This is really well written. Not! But I get what you're saying Thank you! beesy call the little men in white and tell them not to come after all.

beesy said:
Thank you! Thank you! I guess looking at my own knives might have helped :doh: and I could have saved some brain power. As soon as I started reading your post, I thought oh yeah there are little thingies on my knives.Smooth on one side of the sharp part of the blade, little thingies on the other side of the sharp part. Then smooth on the the dull part. There are 4 sides to a knife. This is really well written. Not! But I get what you're saying Thank you! beesy call the little men in white and tell them not to come after all.

I already called them, and they said they get at least one call a week from a woman named Beesy, who keeps mumbling, "Darlie did it, Darlie did it."

They think you're drunk, but I know better :)

txsvicki said:
Did I read all this correctly? The breast plate, the cartilage, was where there was more damage to either bone or cartilage in other wounds, actually penetrate, and that it showed the markings? I know from seeing a bypass operation that the area is pretty hard to cut through . Another thing that amazes me is how both boys have 1 7/8 - 2 inch wide cuts that go in between the ribs. These are the the wounds that go so deep and I do not see how a person could stab two people in the same way like that without feeling around for the space between the ribs or visualizing it. I think those wounds were planned pretty carefully. How is Jane going to recreate the rib cages and chest plate in a dummy?

I'm not. Only the bloody knife leaving the body and flinging cast off.
Wearing a white t shirt new shirt new angle of stabbing. See which direction cast off gets on the same place as the shirt Darlie was wearing.

Mary456 said:

Huh about the coffee or sofa table?
I thought women would call it a coffee table as we would be civilized and set a cup there. I thought men thought of it as a sofa table cause that's where they put their feet when sitting on the sofa- hence the table becomes a necessary accessory to the sofa.

What about the right hand or left hand edge on the wounds what does that mean?

A "sofa" table is a taller more narrow table that one would put behind a sofa. One that would come up to the level of the back of the sofa. A "coffee" table is one that would be put in front of a sofa or couch that is more knee level.

Mary456 said:
I already called them, and they said they get at least one call a week from a woman named Beesy, who keeps mumbling, "Darlie did it, Darlie did it."

They think you're drunk, but I know better :)
Did you at least leave them on stand-by?

Mary456 said:
A woman would never describe a butcher knife as serrated; that description would be reserved for a bread knife. But Greg Davis was a man, and he made the usual man mistakes. Like referring to the bloody partial print as being on the coffee table when, in fact, it was on the sofa table. Harmless mistakes, really, but confusing to someone reading the transcript
That's why I could never figure out where that stupid print was! Men! Sheese

beesy said:
I hate to think
Just the cast off, not the actual wounds into a body.

First I must establish the angles necessary to cast off the blood.

Tape laser light to end of knife. Position 2 models one in front of the trajectory of the blade and one of course is behind the blade holding it. Set up angles needed to hit target areas in shirts. See what distances models need to be. Take chalk and draw outlines on floor for models to repostions themselves in.

This allows us to accomplish 2 experiements at once. Cast off on the shirt is supposed to be from the upward swing correct?-------- slightly headed off to the left meaning an angle like this/.

Darlies left, correct?????, left if the shirt is being worn. I'm used to thinking backwards when I face a patient their right is my left. I'm assuming Bevel meant to the left if the shirt is being worn not to the left if you are looking at it face to face????????

/ or \ I need to know this angulation is VERY IMPORTANT.

A LARGE cutting board is going to be taped to the floor as a target area marked on it for the model to follow. We dont have to worry about recreating the wounds just the cast off. We can dip our knife into our blood or blood substitute no more than 5" into the solution 1 time. The exact depths, for each wound, can be marked on the blade for reference.
Lightly holding the knife in between the fingers in a baggie, the knife can slowly-don't cut the baggie, hold lightly- be withdrawn. This would closely simulate the way the body wipes the blood from the knife as it is withdrawn from the wound.The appropriate angle of the wounds then can be held over the cutting board and the model can swing the knife upward. If we do our math correctly before hand and set this up with the laser light first we can eliminate a lot of----- bad pun here hit and miss . Anybody else think of anything else safer?? I don't think a downward stabbing move will be needed to recreate a upward swing cast off.

beesy said:
Why was my "serrations are not always visible" not good enough? I agree that Mary's explanation is the best said so far though.

Jeana (DP) said:
A "sofa" table is a taller more narrow table that one would put behind a sofa. One that would come up to the level of the back of the sofa. A "coffee" table is one that would be put in front of a sofa or couch that is more knee level.
I thought the sofa table was what we used to call end tables, with a stair step shape. So it is a table, round or square, that is high up to the sofa's what?....tallest point? That is a better visual that some new version of the old end table.

Goody said:
I thought the sofa table was what we used to call end tables, with a stair step shape. So it is a table, round or square, that is high up to the sofa's what?....tallest point? That is a better visual that some new version of the old end table.
The long straight sofa table or etage'- my mother in law calls hers that. I always thought than an etage' was a cabinet with glass in it but she swears the table she has right behind the sofa as it is the height of the sofa back is an etage'

I think it is the long table with the Roman bust on it that is sitting behind the couch.

The long straight sofa table or etage'- my mother in law calls hers that. I always thought than an etage' was a cabinet with glass in it but she swears the table she has right behind the sofa as it is the height of the sofa back is an etage'

I think it is the long table with the Roman bust on it that is sitting behind the couch.
O, that is so funny. I have read that they called the family room the "roman room" or the "roaming room." The latter came with an explanation that when the boys were little they would "roam" all over into uncharted territory and that is where the name came from. Now you say there is a Roman bust in the room. Gees, ask Mama Darlie sometime what the real story behind that nickname is. I always call it the family room because I don't know which it is.

Goody said:
Why was my "serrations are not always visible" not good enough? I agree that Mary's explanation is the best said so far though.
Ha! I guess not. MUST spell things out for beesy sllllllllowwwllly

Goody said:
End tables are the height of the sofa's arms. I didn't know what to call the table Darlie had sitting behind the sofa(on kitchen side). My mother has one, but she just calls it a table. LOL Fancy we are. Jeana calls it a sofa table and that makes sense to me. So the smudged print was on the sofa table, not the dang coffee table, which is the thing that was tipped over.
Ok, I looked it up and found this. I obviously do not shop for furniture! End tables, occasional tables, agenda tables, cocktail tables, coffee tables, sofa tables, Wow! One of the things they call a sofa table I would call a chest. In fact, I have one! Learn something new everyday!
http://www.everythingfurniture.com/cocktailtables.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper