17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go back and search the instruction manual that was provided to the community is linked via a post and this was confirmed by the police officer who instructed the class on what was involved with the neighborhood watch. I'm assuming they are all the same because it is a watch program only. The police officer said they also had a civil patrol unit outside this community but they were only permitted to use radios...no guns were permitted while they were on patrol. If you go back and search you will find all the info right there. Most of us have already read it and have been discussing it for a long time so somehow you may have missed it. But it is there and was linked a number of times. jmo

I'm just asking you if it's a policy / instruction manual from THAT development or a national organization.
The reason I'm asking is I don't want to go search tons of threads for a national policy book.

I'm just wanting to know if we have ever seen the policies for GZ's development.

If not, ok. I was just curious.
I've googled and googled and can't find policies from THE development where the shooting occurred.

IMO they could differ from others.

JMO

He had another course to go. I wouldn't have let him in the graduation ceremony but that's just me. As I said, I take these things seriously.

I didn't think you could do it either but it sounds like it may be more common depending on the institution.

BBM

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Mind boggling..

I guess he looked like a kid but gave GZ a grown man azz whooping? ijdk

When GZ said his apology on the stand I was thinking so it would be ok if TM was your age? What difference does it make what age the person was? I thought GZ looked like more of an idiot saying that.

The PCA is only to document the reasons for a subject to be charged, not to provide information for a defense.

But SYG is immunity from arrest and prosecution statute, not an affirmative defense. I don't know who would have the burden of pleading the elements of lack of immunity, but it sure seems that the prosecutor tried to do so. And that may be one of the areas where Dershowitz feels that they fell short. Particularly since we now know there is no evidence to refute GZ's statement that Trayvon physically assaulted him first. jmo

Neighborhood Watch ends at calling it in. You are NOT supposed to follow, and the dispatcher clearly told GZ they didn't want him doing that!

Yea but he still didn't break a law by doing that. Even asking TM 'what are you doing here' didn't break any law.

BBM

Mind boggling..

I don't think so not IF that was Trayvon moaning and wailing..And IMHO those screams I heard were not coming from GZ. It was Trayon screaming and pleading for his life..JMHO

Neighborhood Watch ends at calling it in. You are NOT supposed to follow, and the dispatcher clearly told GZ they didn't want him doing that!

No, what was said was they didn't NEED him doing that.

Big difference IMO.

It might be helpful to you to read some of the earlier threads where this was discussed in detail. GZ was most assuredly a member of the NW so it is extremely legally relevant to this case. NW members are instructed not to follow or be armed when they are on patrol. GZ failed to follow both these policies.

GZ really didn't grasp the whole 'do not follow' concept very well at all.

IMO

Huh? Following is not apprehending.

Are you saying that merely following someone is "taking a risk to prevent a crime"?

Sheesh. Why would following someone within your own community be taking a risk? Because they might get pissed off and assault you?

"not take any risks to prevent a crime" IDK, JMO, but didn't he take a risk even following Trayvon?

He didn't break any laws when he failed to follow both polices as far as I know. JMO.

I honestly don't get all these, "the NW says this" and "the NW doesn't allow for this." The NW people have no authority whatsoever. They're just a bunch of random condo residents and "THE RULES" are primarily, if not exclusively, for the protection of the NW members and to limit the potential liability of the HOA. GZ was free to do whatever he felt was necessary and appropriate under the circumstances and within the bounds of "THE LAW," not "THE RULES." Imo, another one of those non-issues that won't matter, at all, in the long run. jmo

The policies from GZ's watch group were posted?

Or a national organization's?

The statement of the POLICE officer that met with George's NW group has been posted NUMEROUS times in this forum. She clearly told them the were to WATCH, the were NOT to be armed etc. It has been posted at very many times on this forum.

BBM

Mind boggling..

:floorlaugh:

Maybe that's what happened...I don't know but it seems unreasonable to me.

Thanks for the laugh :)

Absolutely not.

"we don't need" is not an order.

"do not do that"
"stop doing that"
Those are orders.

And even if it had been an "order" it would be meaningless, since police dispatch has no authority to give binding orders. jmoo

The statement of the POLICE officer that met with George's NW group has been posted NUMEROUS times in this forum. She clearly told them the were to WATCH, the were NOT to be armed etc. It has been posted at very many times on this forum.

Ok. As I have said, I get that.

My question was, have the policies from GZ's watch group been posted.

I'd like to read them.
But, I am not finding them.
I'm moving on.

I honestly don't get all these, "the NW says this" and "the NW doesn't allow for this." The NW people have no authority whatsoever. They're just a bunch of random condo residents and "THE RULES" are primarily, if not exclusively, for the protection of the NW members and to limit the potential liability of the HOA. GZ was free to do whatever he felt was necessary and appropriate under the circumstances and within the bounds of "THE LAW," not "THE RULES." Imo, another one of those non-issues that won't matter, at all, in the long run. jmo

JMO/IMO
BBM
Except in the likely civil suit where the condo board, association, and owners pay dearly. They had an armed volunteer vigilante patrol with their blessing...and he killed an unarmed teen.

GZ wasn't an employee, he wasn't trained, he wasn't bonded, he wasn't insured...:what: It's a head scratcher, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member