2 sets of sextuplets born 10 hours apart

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes they certainly did up the anty. They had a chance to abort a few to make fairly certain one could or would be ok. The parents left it in Gods hands / knowing the chances were very slim any would survive.

I wonder if they had insurance to pay the outrageous medical bills? Not saying money is more important then babies lives ///because I'm definately not!

These parents may have left the fate of the six infants in God's hand, but they used medical science to create them.
I feel really sorry for the grief this couple must feel.
JMO

On the AZ couple's website, they made a point to say they did not conceive these kids via IVF, therefore 6 embryos were not implanted. It was all fertility drugs and God gave them 6 babies. God did not give them 6 babies, the fertility DR did.

Bingo. :twocents:

The AZ couple used an "artificial insemination procedure" per their website. They have pictures of their babies up and they are all very small but breathing on their own and cute.

They are given drugs to produce eggs prior to artificial insemination.

I think it is ironic that the MN parents trusted in medical advances (fertility drugs), not the Lord, to get pregnant, but once pregnant with sextuplets, decided to "trust in the Lord" rather than medical advice to take care of their babies. I realize that selective reduction/abortion is unthinkable to many, but to me, it is variations on a theme of artificially altering one's reproductive capability. I am sure I will get flamed for saying this, but it's what I believe.

And I agree with others on this thread that if you sign up for the fertility drugs and opt against selective reduction, you shouldn't have the audacity to solicit donations. You knew that multiple births were quite possible, and you had the option to reduce the number.

Again, just my opinion.

I agree completely.

we have a new one! The Bylers of Lutz, Florida are expecting Sextuplets in just 2 weeks!--She is in her 28th week of pregnancy and everything s a go and looks good--The Bylers are receiving gifts from all over, including a $7,000 dollar generator,also gifts of diapers and food are pouring in! Let's wish them luck!--more info at Fox News Online

The risk is infinitessimal compared to the risk of a child having brain damage from a car accident or falling off a skateboard or roller blading or a million other things we do every day.

You are SO wrong.

www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1219&u_sid=2337403 - 50k - Jul 24, 2007 -

"There's even a new term that has surfaced for the less-than-28-weekers: micro-preemies.
Still, two in five micro-preemies die before their first birthdays. And, of those who survive, many live with profound disabilities."

Two out of five children do not die or suffer profound disabilities before their first birthdays due to car accidents.

Two out of 5 children who skateboard or roller blade do not die or suffer profound disabilities.

Go back and read my post. I didn't say that 2 of 5 kids die from rollerblading or car accidents. I was referring to the odds of conceiving 6 babies on the dose of hormones the mother was taking.

She did not have 6 embryos implanted. She took a fertility drug to stimulate her ovaries, something women all over the world do every day. There are risks of twins, a smaller risk of triplets, a minute risk of 4 or 5, and an infinitessimal risk of having 6.

That is the risk I was referring to, and I do think people take much bigger risks every single day without thinking twice about it. I think those who are criticizing these parents are being a little harsh. Hindsight is so easy, but there are medical procedures done all the time that have greater risks than these. My guess is that having your wisdom teeth pulled carries a greater risk of death than the chance that this woman would conceive 6 babies on the dose she was using.

And singleton babies have some of these same problems - no one knows why some make it and some don't. More singleton babies die in one big hospital in a week than this woman has lost. Are all of those mothers negligent too?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back