2008.07.22 Shirley P. Interview (Cindy's Mother)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This situation with GGM is very upsetting to me. She seems like such a loving/caring person. It breaks my heart.:mad:

IIRC, she has recently battled cancer. I believe it may have been in the audio of GA, along with timing of the stroke for GGP. This nice lady has her hands full as it is, trying to go to the nursing home three times a day to see her beloved husband, and tend to him. Now, she can't go as often. She has pain and cannot eat.

I think that GGM is being honest and helpful during her interview. This is an interview that she should NOT be having to go through. The circumstances of Caylee not being reported missing for 31 days must haunt her.

IMO, she does not bring up the theft because she realizes that Caylee is the most important thing. I don't think she cares about the money anymore.

Shame on KC for everything she has done. :furious::furious::furious:

It sounds like this interview occured prior to LE finding out about the stolen money from the assisted living checks. I wonder if they went back and talked to her again once that information surfaced??? Rick seemed to know all about this and about the fact that there was an arguement between CA and KC about this...He stated that all of his information came from his mother (Shirley).

It sounds like this interview occured prior to LE finding out about the stolen money from the assisted living checks. I wonder if they went back and talked to her again once that information surfaced??? Rick seemed to know all about this and about the fact that there was an arguement between CA and KC about this...He stated that all of his information came from his mother (Shirley).

Hi Pink :)

I was lurking over on the first board Rick was posting at, before he was invited anywhere else. He seemed like a really nice guy, and gave a lot of information regarding the family from their "beginning".

Some posters were so mean to him, thinking he was a fake. Then, he was invited other places. :) I know he is legit, and have his personal information. Some posters on other boards/forums can be nasty, and get away with it. That is one of the things I like about WS....you can't behave that way here!:)

I bet there has been another interview with GGM, since the initial that we got. She is on the witness list. If GGM is called to testify, that will be another awful thing she shouldn't have to go through.

As far as the money, according to Rick, the bank had reimbursed, and CA had somehow been able to get KC out of it. I don't know if that changed, as Rick may have had further conversations that I didn't see.

It is really sad that the way Rick needed to cope with this situation, since CA had told family to "butt-out" according to him, was to go to online forums, and reveal himself. He needed to somehow be able to try and make some sense out of this madness, as CA shut him out.

I am sure Rick is doing everything he can to be supportive of Shirley, as he claimed to e-mail daily, IIRC, and talk to her often also.

There were a lot of posters from elsewhere that had to "eat their hat" when Rick was anonymously on TV later that week, providing some of the same information.

I would think that if KC was going to be charged for the theft from her GP's, it would be very soon, or not at all.

Personally, with all that is going on, I don't see Shirley pressing charges. In some cases though, depending on where you live, it is not a choice if you press charges. In some cases, the choice is left to the DA. I am not sure how this situation works though.

This really gets to me that this nice lady has to deal with this.:furious::furious::furious:

All this while KC is kicked back nice and comfy.:furious::furious::furious:

Soon KC, soon.......:behindbar

ETA: Since according to Rick the bank had reimbursed, we may see the bank press charges:confused:

Can anyone tell me when the theft from GGM's account was actually discovered? I know the alleged fight between CA and KC on July 15th was presumed to be about that theft, but I'm interested in when CA found out about it, and when she reimbursed it. Did she find out on Father's Day?

Can anyone tell me when the theft from GGM's account was actually discovered? I know the alleged fight between CA and KC on July 15th was presumed to be about that theft, but I'm interested in when CA found out about it, and when she reimbursed it. Did she find out on Father's Day?

Since the alleged theft was never reported the exact date of the theft is to my knowlege not a known fact. I know KC's birthday is March 19 and supposedly it was a birthday check in which KC stole the routing number. She could have however written it down and used it at any point.

O/T but my daughter has a little dog and book called Nosey Barker so whenever I see your "hat" I think of that LOL.

As a poster said above, I don't think LE knew about the theft of the ggparent's money at the time of this interview. I differ though as to why Shirley did not mention it. I wonder if CA didn't tell her to keep quiet about that and the poor thing did, thinking it would help. It's not a stretch at all to me to think that CA would insist on her mother covering for her "sociopathic" daughter, but I think it is despicable on so many levels.

O/T but my daughter has a little dog and book called Nosey Barker so whenever I see your "hat" I think of that LOL.
That is funny, MD Mommy. That's the hat I should have chosen, given my avatar. lol

Everly, I think that's why the falling out with Det. Melich the night before the Bond Hearing, because she didn't want him contacting GGM or GGF. That woman will do and say anything to "Keep Up Appearances". Anyone ever watch that Britcom?

As a poster said above, I don't think LE knew about the theft of the ggparent's money at the time of this interview. I differ though as to why Shirley did not mention it. I wonder if CA didn't tell her to keep quiet about that and the poor thing did, thinking it would help. It's not a stretch at all to me to think that CA would insist on her mother covering for her "sociopathic" daughter, but I think it is despicable on so many levels.

JMO, if the ggp had direct deposit from government checks it would probably be around the first week of the month, so I think it was found out, the second week of the month, and this was the STRAW that broke the camel's back with CA. It had to be before the 15th.......... and it still bewilders me with all the tension how was CA able to get Caylee for Father's Day. I do think CA stressed to her MOM not to mention it......... it was another family dirty little secret KC disgraced the family once again. At this time we where all under the impression KC was Mother of the Year.

Is this a typo? Or do we know who Cayla is? It was my understanding that just Caylee and Cindy went to the house for dinner on Father's day.

SH: Okay. So Cayla, Caylee, and her grandmother then came to your house?
SP: Yeah.
SH. Okay, and that was Father's Day?

Is this a typo? Or do we know who Cayla is? It was my understanding that just Caylee and Cindy went to the house for dinner on Father's day.

SH: Okay. So Cayla, Caylee, and her grandmother then came to your house?
SP: Yeah.
SH. Okay, and that was Father's Day?

The way I read this, SH mis-said Caylee by saying Cayla, then corrected it and said Caylee, I don't think there was an actual Cayla.
It's not uncommon for me to mispronounce a name at times and then correct myself.

VB

Hi Pink :)

I was lurking over on the first board Rick was posting at, before he was invited anywhere else. He seemed like a really nice guy, and gave a lot of information regarding the family from their "beginning".

Some posters were so mean to him, thinking he was a fake. Then, he was invited other places. :) I know he is legit, and have his personal information. Some posters on other boards/forums can be nasty, and get away with it. That is one of the things I like about WS....you can't behave that way here!:)
ipped

After listening to GGM's intervew and remembering what Rick said awhile back... sorta makes me want to go and email him to give her an extra long hug from me.

I guess that explains the "give me one more day" "I'm not giving you one more day, I've already given you a month." conversation on the first 911 call.

This is Cindy's mom.
This is another victim in Casey's family.
Casey had complete disregard not only for Caylee, but for every other member of her family as well, and they all stand as loyal to her as they possibly can, and more than most would.
I feel very badly for this family. It's incredibly difficult to observe their destruction.
People have said horrible things about Cindy, and George, and Lee, but they are all victims, all but Casey. Poor judgment the grandma says. yeah, very poor judgment. Each year, sinking deeper in lying, and stealing, and now this. Her mom, her dad, her brother, even her friends didn't know what to do to help her turn around. She had chances, and she had choices. She still does. She can choose right now to do the right thing, and take responsibility for her actions. Enough Casey. This has gone on long enough. You are an adult now, and it's time to act like one. Do the right thing now, for yourself, and for your family. Stop this now. Turn yourself in, tell LE where Caylee is, and let your family mourn her. They will not abandon you, they have proven that. They already know in their hearts. It won't surprise them.
Lord God, I pray for Casey right now. If there is anything salvagable, anything savable in her soul, let it come forth now. Strengthen her to be accountable for her actions, for her own sake, and also for her family's sake. In Jesus Name.

I picked up that too. "poor judgment"???? Poor judgement is driving too fast, not losing your kid. :confused:

I really think that both Baez and Cindy threw Grandma under the bus when they refer to those calls on her answering machine as coming from Caylee in their interviews ..to somehow prove Cylee was still alive and being held. When I read what Grandma says..well it sounds to me like she got those calls on the answering machine and knew it wasn't Caylee..because she said Caylee doesn't speak jibberish..she was very clear on that point.

so JB and CA believe that out of everyone who ever "has Caylee" calls her Grandma?? Does not make sense at all.

I was wondering if anyone besides me assumed that GGMA was at the nursing home the same time as Cindy and Caylee. We've all heard the tape so many times, did anyone else catch someone saying "I didn't know you could sing so well"- or something to that effect after Caylee finished "You Are My Sunshine"? I always thought that was SP. But, according to her interview, she said she wasn't there.

I was wondering if anyone besides me assumed that GGMA was at the nursing home the same time as Cindy and Caylee. We've all heard the tape so many times, did anyone else catch someone saying "I didn't know you could sing so well"- or something to that effect after Caylee finished "You Are My Sunshine"? I always thought that was SP. But, according to her interview, she said she wasn't there.

I was wondering the same thing and thought that it could also possibly be an aide.

I was wondering the same thing and thought that it could also possibly be an aide.
Must have been a pretty "old sounding" aide (no disrespect meant- I used to work in a nursing home). Perhaps another resident?

Must have been a pretty "old sounding" aide (no disrespect meant- I used to work in a nursing home). Perhaps another resident?

Good point. I was under the impression that is was SP that taught her the song so she probably would have known that Caylee could sing it well. So precious. Do we know who actually taught her to sing it?

Good point. I was under the impression that is was SP that taught her the song so she probably would have known that Caylee could sing it well. So precious. Do we know who actually taught her to sing it?
No...I taught it to my kids...something tells me it wasn't Casey.

I just read this interview for the first time and find it strange that no one here, and especially the police weren't at least curious, let alone suspicious about the recording on her machine. Once, maybe it's a child playing around. Twice, no way. Then to hang up when they see a real person answered, more suspicious. Now, my question is, why, at this early stage of the investigation didn't they at least ask her to see her answering machine and ask her more questions about it? Is it possible to retrieve data when it has been erased? I would think it may be possible. It just seems rather careless of LE to just ignore this.

I just read this interview for the first time and find it strange that no one here, and especially the police weren't at least curious, let alone suspicious about the recording on her machine. Once, maybe it's a child playing around. Twice, no way. Then to hang up when they see a real person answered, more suspicious. Now, my question is, why, at this early stage of the investigation didn't they at least ask her to see her answering machine and ask her more questions about it? Is it possible to retrieve data when it has been erased? I would think it may be possible. It just seems rather careless of LE to just ignore this.

I can't speak for anyone else, but after seeing LE's careful and thorough questioning of Shirley about the recording during this interview, I came to the conclusion that the message was a recorded sales solicitation where the recording got messed up.

I didn't assume that LE ignored it, in terms of taking the answering machine and inspecting it, just because they didn't ask for the machine during the interview, which is just questioning the person, not inspecting physical potential evidence.

Do you have a link to something stating that LE never inspected the answering machine? Or are you assuming they didn't because they didn't ask for it during the interview?

TIA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches