2008.07.24 George Anthony Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking the same thing. Why would he even think that it was Caylee in the trunk? But then again, DCF was investigating KC of "threatened harm". That might explain it. She may have threatened to hurt the child in the past and her parents knew this but never reported it.

What date was DCF on the case? I thought the police brought them into the case because KC was not cooperating with them.

I'm still reading the transcripts and GA was in fact hoping the smell from the car wasn't Caylee BEFORE he even knew she was missing! Wow!! Who in their right mind would have had such thoughts cross their minds in that same situation before even knowing the child was missing? He must have known his daughter was a psychopath all along who was capable of killing her own child!

I think maybe George thinks if it wasn't for KC having fallen in with this "new" AL guy and crew like she did, none of this would've happened...

Just a thought...

It's a difficult interview to understand - a lot of rambling and blabbing back and forth with no real sense of direction. The impression I'm getting is that the Anthonys and Casey's childhood friends all saw a change in Casey when she started hanging with Tony's crowd. George seems upset about that and also upset that Tony never questioned Caylee's absence. If that's the case, I have to agree with him. If a man doesn't want a child around, he shouldn't date a woman who has one.

It's a difficult interview to understand - a lot of rambling and blabbing back and forth with no real sense of direction. The impression I'm getting is that the Anthonys and Casey's childhood friends all saw a change in Casey when she started hanging with Tony's crowd. George seems upset about that and also upset that Tony never questioned Caylee's absence. If that's the case, I have to agree with him. If a man doesn't want a child around, he shouldn't date a woman who has one.

They may have seen a change in her behavior but George also accounts for problems that predate her involvement with Tony;

Thefts from family members
Her lies about the 4,000 & 4,500 deposits into Cindy's account
George citing problems with KC as to why he and Cindy separated in 2005
Constantly implying that Caylee loved Cindy more

..just to name a few.

They may have seen a change in her behavior but George also accounts for problems that predate her involvement with Tony;

Thefts from family members
Her lies about the 4,000 & 4,500 deposits into Cindy's account
George citing problems with KC as to why he and Cindy separated in 2005
Constantly implying that Caylee loved Cindy more

..just to name a few.

True. And what was that mention of a $4,000 theft from Sports Authority? Casey apparently said someone pulled a gun on her? Perhaps I should have said that Casey quit associating with her childhood friends when she got involved with Tony.

Wow. Definite bombshell. I feel so much for him. He admits CA is a loose cannon. He is so stuck in the middle.

Why would he be mad at Tony?

True. And what was that mention of a $4,000 theft from Sports Authority? Casey apparently said someone pulled a gun on her? Perhaps I should have said that Casey quit associating with her childhood friends when she got involved with Tony.

Well George did say say something to the effect that KC was dilligent with taking her mistruths to the extreme. I can understand that she may have felt more free with Tony and his circle to shirk the expectations her childhood friends would have had for her as a mother to Caylee. Ultimately I believe all respoinsibility lies with KC and her choices, not her family or her friends, or the many men in her life, just KC.

Bold above is mine.

Ya know, throughout all of these dumps there has been a reoccuring theme. I've read several (if not more) times where LE says "No, this won't be made public" or "no, this is just between us".
Not those exact words but very similar.
Not putting LE down in any way but imagine some of these interviews where the person being interviewed is led to believe/thinks they are speaking in confidence behind closed doors only to see their own words spattered across blogs and message board. Yikes! I so feel for all those who have been dragged into KC's web.
Don't know much, but that's not legal. I'm almost positive (I was not there) they have been told that they are being recorded.

Oh, and I think LE made it perfectly clear to George that if Cindy in any way kept important info. from them that they wouldn't hesitate to go after her.

GA states he told her "sweetie, technically they can come after us because we're withholding information." Hmmmmmm......

I was thinking the same thing. Why would he even think that it was Caylee in the trunk? But then again, DCF was investigating KC of "threatened harm". That might explain it. She may have threatened to hurt the child in the past and her parents knew this but never reported it.
Link please to DCF investigating prior to Caylee being reported missing.

Unfortunately, we have to also look at GA's testimony objectively instead of emotionally. From an emotional standpoint, I can see where everyone is coming from...

now step back and read it again from the perspective of LE. Note the way he jumps onto certain issues and how he himself is trying to control things in the conversation.

I noticed he tends to evade answering certain questions. Twice, YM asked him for some insight into KC, knowing her, why she might not be cooperating. I don't believe he answered the question (other than at one point mentioning that KC might be like his depressed sister, which didn't make sense to me since he admitted that KC is "bubbly.")

Oh, and I also found it odd that he encouraged LE to lie to Lee, to call Lee and saying George was on his way too. That really speaks of the family dynamics. It's like Lee has taken the father tole and GA has taken the son's role. What would have been the harm in calling Lee and just saying your Dad's already here and he wants you to hear this too, so cam you come into the station?

And I found it shocking that LE LIED to Lee on the phone as per George's request.

Then George went outside and threw up!!!

Bold above is mine.

Ya know, throughout all of these dumps there has been a reoccuring theme. I've read several (if not more) times where LE says "No, this won't be made public" or "no, this is just between us".
Not those exact words but very similar.
Not putting LE down in any way but imagine some of these interviews where the person being interviewed is led to believe/thinks they are speaking in confidence behind closed doors only to see their own words spattered across blogs and message board. Yikes! I so feel for all those who have been dragged into KC's web.

Hmmm...if I recall, LE was talking to Geo about how things WOULD be publicly released. Heck, I don't want to try and read through all that again to find that.

I do not believe CA loves Cindy. I believe she is a borderline personality and he just goes along to get along. I lived in a family like this and my dad would do ANYTHING he was told to do to avoid my mother's wrath including being physically abusive to his children. I know he didn't love her. He told me so. He feared her. GA lives with two BP's (at least) and he is so use to the dance of the BP that he can speak his heart to the LE and go right back to the "yes man" routine when he is under her thumb.
I feel bad for him and believe he will not make it through all of this without harming himself. I pray he will be able to get through it but him standing and looking into the woods just breaks my heart.

I noticed he tends to evade answering certain questions. Twice, YM asked him for some insight into KC, knowing her, why she might not be cooperating. I don't believe he answered the question (other than at one point mentioning that KC might be like his depressed sister, which didn't make sense to me since he admitted that KC is "bubbly.")

Yuri tried twice to bring George back to that question.....he never got an answer. Strange.:confused:

Yes...that's true, but they would have more ground for a DP conviction. Someone last night posted the FL statutes.

Well there we go then--no doubt therein lies the reason, then, that JB wanted a continuance or hoped for outright dismissal of the other charges (sorry, some of us are a little slow...) I mean we knew he wasn't all that concerned about "judicial economy," rather w/ the order in which these trials proceed which could per FL statutes be critical, even lifesaving. JMO

Mr. Dora.
Did anyone notice that George talked about Cindy not wanting her parents upset?
He thought Cindy should apologize to LE.
He stated it was because of their bad health.
Either he was lying, or he did not know of Casey stealing from her grandparents.
Which is it???

Did he say that Casey gave them a deposit slip? where she put 4000.00 in their account, but it was nothing more then that. No money?

I believe she is a borderline personality and he just goes along to get along. I lived in a family like this and my dad would do ANYTHING he was told to do to avoid my mother's wrath including being physically abusive to his children. I know he didn't love her. He told me so. He feared her. GA lives with two BP's (at least) and he is so use to the dance of the BP that he can speak his heart to the LE and go right back to the "yes man" routine when he is under her thumb.
I feel bad for him
and believe he will not make it through all of this without harming himself. I pray he will be able to get through it but him standing and looking into the woods just breaks my heart.

(bold mine)

I could never make a dx but in my inexpert opinion I think above bolded statements are sadly very close to the truth. Yes heartbreaking. JMHUO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back