2008.07.24 George Anthony Interview

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That seems probable. Honestly, hearing YM's concern about Cindy, the lies and mistruths she has propogated both to the media and what I gathered was at trial as well, was not unexpected. The concern that his wife was impeding the investigation as well as attempting to divert all attention from their daughter by smearing all others involved seems to really bear upon George, I think he is feeling responsible for the behavior of all family members at this point but has no ability to influence or guide their actions. Very sad.

(bold mine)

ITA As said by both LIMom and Lanie, he is a grown man so did, and still does, have the option, has a choice. JMO

I don't think Casey knew Baez before. I think she knew the name from someone else possibly.

She lied to him about the money to pay him. If he had known her previously, the statement would never have been made. He would have known she didn't have a job or a dime of her own.

He didn't want Lee to know he was talking to the detectives. LE asked if he wanted to hear the 911 tapes before they were released and they called and lied to Lee about GA being there. Lee drove up there to meet GA and listen to the tapes. Guess Lee didn't want him talking to LE.

Even George thinks Casey may have "issues", like his sister.
GA: But my sister is has had a lot of issues over the years. I am just wondering if something skipped somewhere to Casey. I...I don't want to think that.

No George it's not your sister.... the problems stem from your wife her mother .....poor George he loves Cindy so much he cannot see her faults..He is s good man and deserves better IMO

He'd be a lot less tormented IF he stopped being part of the club who think it's somehow helpful to KEEP enabling Casey.

When it's all said & done, it will become obvious that pretending to believe Casey's *advertiser censored* & bull tales did NOTHING to help her anyway.

IMO, anyone who enables Casey is a BIG, BIG part of the problem.

THANK YOU. OMG I have said this exact thing, if CA does not start being part of the solution SHE IS A HUGE part of the problem! And the same of course can be said of GA. George, stop sipping the koolaid whenever CA's around! JMO

Reaching here...but does Baez drive a Lexus??

Sounds like she got a new circle of friends for sure..changed and bam..away went Caylee. Sort of like Melinda Duckett. Funny how that works. I still wonder about drugs with Casey....it makes you lose perception of things.

here is a pic of his car, its right after casey made that 911 cal about the protestors. he drives off in a huff
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7461191&version=1&locale=EN-US

This is slightly O/T but I don't know where else to put it. Did anyone catch in the child neglect investigation on page 2224 "The parent, caregiver, or household member has a criminal history (regardless of disposition) or engages in dangerous criminal activities that may impact child safety and/or presents a potential threat of harm to the child (eg. drug manufacture or distribution, trafficking and/or sell of illegal drugs or weapons, prostitution) " This box is marked yes !?!
I know that NG mentioned Casey's past. Someone brought up the fact that she has no criminal history...and NG remarked "that we know of". That should be a matter of public record. Blink thought there may have been a previous report to CPS but I haven't been able to find reference to it. It could be as simple as this box being marked.

No George it's not your sister.... the problems stem from your wife her mother .....poor George he loves Cindy so much he cannot see her faults..He is s good man and deserves better IMO

If GA loved CA OR KC he would man up and assist them in facing the truth. JMO

No, I did not! :eek: But am going back to look now. Thanks!

I may have gotten all torn up over nothing. Kiki reminded my of the check fraud charges. They would account for "having a criminal history". The other wording (drug manufacturing, traffiking, prostitution) were just so shocking that I didn't even remember the check charges. :crazy:

They didn't hire Baez. KC hired him and she doesn't have the money to pay him so, how is he getting paid? Also - he was talking about the Dog quite a while back according to this document.

Wow.

Having read this interview, I feel really bad for George.

I feel is is doing it for the movie or book right's .. wasn't it said here somewhere that Baez was known for representing drug dealers?

This is fear, not love. As I said, it would be FAR healthier to have broken ranks w CA--which might even help HER to face reality--than to continue sacrificing the truth. I wish people could see this isn't simply "fate," when we've taken the easy way out and failed to take a stand for so many years. We can only sow weakness or passiveness--ie avoid reality, avoid consequences, cowtow, walk on eggshells or defer and demur--for so long before we begin to see the fruit of that. JMO

I don't see it as fear, I see it as love. Maybe not a healthy love, but love just the same. To me there is too much concern for Cindy and what this is doing to her for it to be fear.
I agree all this enabling does not lead to happy endings, but even trying to do right and call people on their behavior doesn't always, either. There are no guarantees.
But yes, I agree 100% this is taking the easy way out, and I'll take it a step further and call it selfish. Doing the right thing is most of the time very hard, if it weren't, everyone would be doing it.
Lanie

"When sheriff's investigators questioned Casey's father George nine days after Caylee was reported missing, George told them he had "bad vibes" the very first day he got his car back and smelled the smell in the trunk, a smell, he said as a former law enforcement officer, he knows and would never forget.

Casey's father George told investigators, "I don't want to believe that I have, have raised someone and brought someone in this world that could do something to another person. I don't want to believe that."

George also told them, "I, I, I believe that there's someone dead back there and I hate to say the word human. Um, I hate to say that."

George told them, when he opened the trunk of the car, he said to himself, "Please don't let this be my Caylee."

George told investigators his daughter Casey lives on the edge, that she takes things as far as she can take them and then she piles on more. He said they caught her in lies about work and money and said she's really good with computers.

George also told sheriff's investigators that the very first night they found out Caylee was missing, Cindy told him, "We lost her. We lost her." When he asked who, she said "Caylee."

Not only did Casey Anthony lie to her family, friends and investigators, George says she lied to her attorney Jose Baez. She told him she had $5,000, even though she didn't and then she told him that he'd get the rest after she gets out of the situation."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17919607/detail.html

This must be why he was called to testify at the grand jury...

You know, you are probably right. I wasn't even thinking about the check charges, which would indeed be "criminal history".
You may be right...but then wouldn't it make sense for the courts to prosecute for this first. A felony conviction would add to the circumstances when sentencing for the Murder 1 charges.

This is slightly O/T but I don't know where else to put it. Did anyone catch in the child neglect investigation on page 2224 "The parent, caregiver, or household member has a criminal history (regardless of disposition) or engages in dangerous criminal activities that may impact child safety and/or presents a potential threat of harm to the child (eg. drug manufacture or distribution, trafficking and/or sell of illegal drugs or weapons, prostitution) " This box is marked yes !?!

This is because the Child Neglect investigation started AFTER KC was initially arressted...thats all it means.

After reading the whole thing

KC knew Baez before this went down

Who was KC calling at Lexus because it wasn't George

GA knows Caylee is dead and it's tearing him apart

GA needs to say adios to CA and LA and do the right thing for this baby!

He has been talking to LE and telling the truth. He HAS been doing the right thing for Caylee.

But that doesn't mean he no longer loves the rest of his family.

Oh, poor George. He KNOWS. He's always known from the very first that KC killed his baby granddaughter. And to make matters worse, he was forced to live with her for two months while she sauntered around the house like she did nothing wrong. Forced to listen to psycho-wife spout her dumb@$$ KC is innocent and Caylee is alive theories. No wonder he was out staring into the woods last week.

in one of LP statements (I believe on NG) he stated that GA was generally in a different area of the house all the time...in other words away from the chaos...

(bold mine)

ITA As said by both LIMom and Lanie, he is a grown man so did, and still does, have the option, has a choice. JMO

Oh, I agree. While I feel badly for George and the situation that his family is in, his actions are his own. Since this interview (v ery early in the investigation I might add) he has decided live with his concience and his suspicions that his daughter killed his beloved grandchild. Meanwhile he propogates theories that she may be alive elsewhere, goes so far as to implicate other parties, supports his wife who actively denegrades investigators and those who would give their all to return his granddaughter's remains.. but I still understand and have sympathy for his pain, if not his actions.

I know that NG mentioned Casey's past. Someone brought up the fact that she has no criminal history...and NG remarked "that we know of". That should be a matter of public record. Blink thought there may have been a previous report to CPS but I haven't been able to find reference to it. It could be as simple as this box being marked.

The doc dump shows no prior history for anyone Of the A family in regards to Child abuse or neglect here in Florida and also in Ohio..the box is checked because the investigation started after she was initially arrested.

This says a lot. At least, GA questioned it once or twice.:

GA: And then my wife says, "I think he's working in Casey's best interest." I said, "Where is Caylee in all this stuff?"

I truly believe that if Baez did not seperate that family when she was out the way that he did, that Caylee would have been recovered by now.
Has he done his job up to this point, technically, yes, ethically, no, imo.

I do not see how he/they think this is going to end well.

You may be right...but then wouldn't it make sense for the courts to prosecute for this first. A felony conviction would add to the circumstances when sentencing for the Murder 1 charges.

I don't know how much that would contribute to their case, but my guess is that they're assuming they will get the murder conviction w/life sentence or dp regardless, and then they may not even bother with the fraud trial. Thus saving the state some $$.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19
Back